Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (By FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 7, 2016.

1. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    @Tobi, the turbo boost motion blur is still broken for iPhone 6 in this update. Any chance of it being fixed soon? Thanks!

2. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey, there. On iPhone 6 we had to take the blue effect out almost completely to ensure a smooth performance. Can you make a screenshot of the boost on your device and send it to [email protected]? We'll then check if it is broken or if it has to be that way in order to keep a steady frame rate.

3. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Just found out that a new Galaxy on Fire game came out. As a fan of the previous games I was pretty excited and looked forward to playing Fishlab's newest edition into the series.

After about three hours of playing it that excitement has dropped to zero. The missions are incredibly repetitive, the story is basically nonexistent, and acquiring new ships and weapons requires obscene amounts of grinding.

I won't compare this game to its predecessor as I believe that's not allowed(?), so I'd just like to express my disappointment in this game and hope they fix it in the future. Until then this game won't be taking up space on my phone.

4. jati

jati Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 5, 2013
    Are there still any updates planned? Does anyone know? Is Toby still around? Back in the day they had a blog and a forum on their website. But that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

5. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry for the long absence... we are currently very busy preparing the Asian release of GOF3 - Manticore. And our devs are also working hard on the Android porting. Parallel, our designers and artists are already conceiving all-new content, incl. the fabled Rigant Vortex area. So there's definitely more planned for the future! Also, I will stick around here more regularly from now on and answer any questions that you guys might have quicker.

6. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Will there be some real missions and freedom or just more of the same missions to grind out the items needed for the blueprints?

7. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    I kept this game on my device for a long time, but then realised I was having to psych myself up every time just to play it. I was keeping it just for nostalgia.

The game doesn't go anywhere, there's no story to speak of, no multiplayer or interaction with other people. This is the age of social gaming and GOF3 has none of it.

8. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Aye. I played GOF2 and I loved it. Make cash by doing something not just grind missions and hope for part drops or spend more money on something that will become obsolete the second you proceed in the "story".

I will have to make room for something with a bit more value than GoF3.

9. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry you guys feel like this. We are, of course, working on new mission types, features and story chapters. All of which will add more variety to the game.

10. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Any updates coming to the game soon?Also what is happening with the Android release?

11. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    new mission types will be added to all chapters or we need to complete current chapters to get new mission types?

12. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

May 12, 2009
    With recent update for Android version:

Players: I bet this game can't get any worse!

Devs: Hold my beer.

Non-skippable ads when you start a mission, even as a paying user. No thanks. Keep your garbage.

13. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Game isn't making money and it couldn't attract the fanbase of GOF2 so they were forced to make this changes. Players gave the developers a lot of feedback and they ignored us,so they kind of deserve all the negativity. These weren't even the original GOF devs so I don't really care what happens to them now.

14. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

May 12, 2009
    #114 Mantis, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017

Yeah, best part is that there is an event in four days where you can win a special ship. The last players will play like crazy and the video ads will generate money... Oh dear.

EDIT:
    Wrote to the devs. Android users are apparently experiencing a bug. Only free users should see ads. They will fix this soon.

15. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Can you change the position of the on screen stick yet? Being used to aiming with my right, I found it really awkward to aim with my left. Stopped playing because of that.

16. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey everyone, first of all sorry for the issues with the ads. This should have been fixed in the meantime. As for Mkkt Bkkt's future sports league, the first season is going to start very soon. In case you're interested, here's a bit more information on the "Neox Gladiators" events: http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-mkktbkkt-events

17. DuckDogers

DuckDogers New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Looking at an ad to get revivied now crashes iPhon6s

Today, 8-1-2017, the game required getting an update from the Apple App Store. I started it after the update was complete. This time it said the game needed the correct configuration. It got what it wanted. I started playing. I was killed toward the end of a mission. I have been using the watch an ad feature instead of spending currency. Immediately when I make that choice the screen goes black, some music plays and the phone is unable to do anything. It must be turned off then back on to get my phone working again.
    I hope you'll fix this.
    One more thing, It would be nice to be able to shoot static gun emplacements. They're annoying. I'd love to blow them up.

18. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Remember the promises of glorious updates?Well that dream is dead.The game isn't receiving any support from any angle and nothing new has been added for months.

19. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    #119 Palanthian, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    If a game generates revenue, it gets updates. If it’s not doing well, no updates. The problems with this game were clear from the outset, I took the time to detail them in this thread, none of them were addressed.

Correction, there were so many negative comments that TA split them off into a complaints thread in another forum. The truth is, those complaints were on point and should have been addressed by the game team, instead of simply letting them be swept under the carpet.

The game may receive minor/maintenance updates in the future, but they know it will never be a commercial success. Maybe GoF 4, if they ever consider it, will merge the freemium concept with the open world feel of GoF 2. We live in hope.

20. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Manticore: Galaxy on Fire (Nintendo Switch)

Looks like our prayers have been answered, folks! :D

In an official press release, DEEP SILVER FISHLABS saw an opportunity with the Nintendo Switch and decided to port this game to the console under the title Manticore: Galaxy on Fire with enhancements and addressing pretty much everything we argued over in this thread last year!! This move pretty much signifies the true 3rd installment of the Galaxy on Fire franchise finally coming to fruition!

Tobi@Fishlabs - If any of your hand was in this, I personally thank you for the effort put in. My purchase of Manticore: Galaxy on Fire is guaranteed!