Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (By FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 7, 2016.

1. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    No offline no play T_T

2. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    As best as I can gather, the probe can flash red, yellow and green. Green probably means you're close, and red that you are far away.

Even when the probe is green, you have to wander around a bit until the probe starts scanning something. After....20 seconds(?)...the probe finds something you do it again.

Thing is, I was successful once, but on the second scan, it never stopped scanning. Maybe a bug?

3. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    I was just on the site and it looks like they closed the pre-release bonus sign up. Maybe if Tobi comes to the thread he can offer a suggestion.

4. conscript

Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    The silver beam appears when the probe has locked on to the collectible. I found that if you fly away from it a little bit and then turn around again it will be easier to see it.

5. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I've actually found several of them now. The probe is barely useful. I've found them more by just spying a glowing dot in the distance. You collect them by flying through them. In one area I've found 6/7 of them, and I've flown all over and the probe turns red from time to time, but mostly just stays gray. Very very frustrating.

6. conscript

Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    I agree with you nonstickron, the probe is definitely not as helpful as it could be. I have 100% searched about 3 areas now in the first non mission sector. I find when it goes green, slow down so it can lock on to the object. Even at that point, it can still take a bit of looking to find the collectible.

I am hoping to get more time into the game over the weekend. Work is killing my gaming time!

7. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #27 brerlappin, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    I just read on Facebook that Manticore Rising for AppleTV is free to coincide with GOF3.

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #28 brerlappin, Dec 9, 2016
    I have an iPhone 6 and the turbo boost motion blur seems to be missing, but it works fine on the iPad... is this a bug?

9. jati

jati Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 5, 2013
    So I signed up for the rewards or whatever. And I have been having an account there for like ages. But I didn't get any email about anything.

Right now I'm mostly overwhelmed with all the names, races, currencies, menu items... I have played GoF2 so much and I own it on three devices. But that doesn't help me to understand what's going on in GoF3 so far.

It's kind of like they're going back to the original GoF that was basically a space shooter on rails.

It looks great and obviously a lot of work and creativity went into making it. Not sure if I'm part of the target audience though.

10. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #30 Tobi@Fishlabs, Dec 9, 2016
    Hey everyone! Sorry for not responding to this thread earlier, but as you can imagine, yesterday was quite a crazy day here in the office. This is the biggest game we ever made, so there was a ton to do on launch day. Of course, I will hop over here more often in the future, answering your questions and having a little chat.

As for the VIP Package, it will only be up for registration for a very short while. We will end the registration period today around noon (CET). All of you who have already signed up, can claim their rewards with just a few taps. Here's the procedure:

- Start the app
    - Go to the shop
    - Choose freebies
    - Link your game account with Deep Silver Connect
    - Restart the app
    - Enjoy your rewards

There might be complications for those who already linked their game account with Deep Silver Connect prior to the hand-out of the rewards. If this is the case for you, don't worry. Our devs will fix this early on next week and make sure everyone, who pre-registered in time, gets their rewards automatically.

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Do you have a site link?

12. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    For the VIP package? It's available on the official GOF3 website: http://www.gof3manticore.com. But hurry, it won't be up for much longer.

13. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Wanted to like it, but all the f2p model is not for me, and exploration missions are a chore. Yeah, spend 15 minutes turning around doing nothing, that's a lot of fun...

14. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    This is weird but I am pretty sure I posted in this thread yesterday and I don't see my comments along with a bunch of other people who disliked the game.The thread hit 4 pages yesterday but now there are comments missing?

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=298374

16. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I asked Eli nicely last night to put it somewhere in the thread that there was another thread and was told that the "big red" message in the section no one reads should be obvious and that I was playing a victim.

That being said, I'm sitting down again to try the game again from an action game perspective. We'll see how it turns out.

@Tobi, you had mentioned a few weeks ago about expanding the mission space to allow for more exploration. Has that already happened in the release version of the game or is that an upcoming patch? Can you tell us what is in the update patch pipeline? I don't need super secret info but just an idea of where you plan to take us from this release state. I get that bug fixes are the immediate future, but then what?

17. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    #37 dunhila, Dec 9, 2016
    Ah I get it,it is offtopic to say that the gameplay isn't good or that the F2P elements aren't good or that there is a lack of content in the game.

This sounds a lot like..what is the word I am looking for....cen...censor...censorship-that is the word.

After reading the entire Fishlabs Betrayal Megathread,I just want to point out something.I saw a bunch of comments from Eli in which he claimed that if we don't like the game then why do we keep complaining?That our complaints wouldn't deliver a better game.Something which was proven not true by DSFishlabs.Let me bring you back a couple of months ago when there was a softlaunch thread about the game in which a lot of us expressed we dislike the timers in the game that would prevent you from playing it for an extended period of time.I don't see that timer in the game any longer,do any of you?I wonder if Fishlabs themselves realized that the timer was a bad idea(which would be weird considering they made the game with a timer in mind) or did people such as me and countless others-had something to do with it?Maybe it was all the negative press the game was getting for it's F2P model that made someone over at Fishlabs decide to pull the plug on the timer.

Also Eli keeps stating that we will never get the game we want,so why complain?The game is released,so it's a done deal.Now,Eli are you calling Fishlabs liars or something?For a while now I have seen Tobi and the official GOF3 twitter claim that the game will keep on expanding with features and content after release.So going by Fishlabs themselves-the game will have new features,why are we not allowed to influence them or do you Eli believe Fishlabs would never deliver on the promise of continues support for the game?

18. bhuma

bhuma New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Ok
    After a second two hour session;

It's actually quite well made( despite using an iPhone SE, it is one absolutely beautiful game)

The lack of free roam or actual freedom in general( may not be speaking for everyone but some of us actually played GOF2HD partly for the whole ' take it all in factor') does rub me the wrong way .

I can see the missions actually still being on the longer side, so not massively casual( I've just spent 40 mins trying to find and track a beacon through an asteroid field )

It seems like if you don't mind a timer , and have an hour to play you could enjoy the game ( still early days , but I fear the timers will rapidly get out of hand) this game is for you.

Just kinda samey and not as great as the prior two games( I'm treating it as a different beast in general )

So
    Pro's;
    It's freaking beautiful
    More suited to a quick-ish play to a medium session
    Certain elements do actually hold detail( no spoilers but there is a decent amount of background detail)

Cons;
    It isn't in the same vein of gaming as the prior two
    Triple currency/iaps( but so far I can't see a need to buy anything yet 3ish hours in)
    Lack of gameplay depth in general( sometimes you want to play something easy/simple but not for me)
    Lack of freedom in general

It's a mixed bag, but it's just not to my tastes....
    So errrrrr..... better luck next time C-

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks, registered

20. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I dont mind online only or game being freemium because even last one was rather grindy despite being paid but removal of freeroam pretty much ruins entire thing. Maybe one day game will get updated and improved but for now its not really worth downloading. Just get second one because its better