Galaxy On Fire 2 HD - was £6.99/$9.99 ===> NOW ONLY £0.69/$0.99!!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    How many GB?

If it's a third gen, it is recommended that you get the SD version. It will be smoother and better for the hardware, though, HD may *possibly* run on your device, however, there is no guarantee of it working, or being smooth should it do so. You can take the leap and buy the HD anyway, should you get a better device in the future.

2. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Just a short note to let you guys know that the iTunes glitch seems to be fixed now. The price has been stable at 0.99 US-$ for the past couple of hours. Seems the sale's finally running as intended after all. :)

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Do not get HD for a 3rd gen ipod. GOFHD had a habit of crashing to the homescreen sporadically on my iphone 4S, and it was, literally, one of the first apps I had installed, so there was no app clutter.

I mean, buy it while it's on sale if you plan on getting a 4S, Ipad2, or newer sometime in the future.

Oh, and if this gets iphone 5 updates, it better still run smoothly with the enhanced gfx turned on when played on the 4S. Of course, they could add another swith in the menu for Super Duper Enhanced gfx or something.

4. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    i'm a little confused regarding the expansion packs. so there's one out right now? valkyrie, and one coming out in sept?

are the expansion packs available for both versions or just the HD?

5. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Valkyrie is an existing IAP, it is free should you have both the SD and HD version of the game or you can just purchase it in game.

The one coming in september is a new add-on

6. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    that's cool, I play mainly on my ipod, so I had bought the SD version, i guess i'll load that up on my ipad and then buy the HD version, which for a buck is amazing. [basically the HD version + the expansion for a buck?!? :eek:]

7. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Great for you guys, also great for me who had this on 'my apps' and kept getting notifications from appshopper 'Galaxy on Fire has gone down and up in price' on my ipad lol

8. javimm

javimm Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Well, this game has caused a little revolution in my iPad "world". I decided to pass on it as I owned a 16GB iPad that had 1.3 GB free, and I couldn't afford losing another 700 MB. Then I saw a video on Youtube and though "WOW, what a great game".

So I put my 16 GB New iPad on sale the day before yesterday, sold it yesterday (got a great price, only lost about 30 euros on the sale), and today I'm buying the 64 GB New iPad that has a tasty 7% rebate in a spanish dealer right now :D. I'll be able to install the game, Baldur's Gate when it launches, Sampletank that is on sale right now and it is another 700 something MB, and some games I have bought and can't install until I finish the ones I have installed right now.

In the meatime I've bought the game and installed it on my 4S. The game is fantastic indeed.

So bottom line, never save some bucks thinking you won't need the extra memory. You will.

9. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I smiled when an e-mail from appzap dinged inn and it was this game on sale.

grabbed and bagged.

10. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Can someone describe what this game is like? From that IAP it resembles Mass Effect, but I don't want to buy it if it isn't that good.

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Next Add-On, Supernova has been submitted to the appstore! Get this game at 0.99 while you can!

12. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Finally!!!

So fastest would be around 5 days and worse case scenario about a couple weeks! Been stacking Kaamo for that Bloodstar:D. Thanks for the heads-up, QA.

13. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    Good news. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, is the ipad3 supposed to be able to handle the game at the full resolution? I seem to get frequent stutter, but seems to work fine on the middle resolution.

14. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    iPad 3 seems to have problems running things at full retina resolution, and many other games, like Infinity Blade 2, render at a smaller resolution then scale up to the full size screen.

15. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    yeah, kinda figured. guess you guys are just making the game ipad5 proof :)

16. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I was hoping the addon would be pushed out today.

Not normal for apple after all but considering the HD version is making the app sell so well it's good business for apple to prioritise this.

Sometimes their (apples) business decisions don't make a lot of sence to me lol.

Makes sence to push it out now while it's popular the app store ratings will get a new boost, new people will get it due to euphoria or w/e it's called. Big sales boost and they get a whopping 30% profit from the IAP sales.

Wishful thinking was all it was, I'm just looking forward to playing it.

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If I need to delete this game can I restore my save when downloading this again?

18. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Yes you can. You can even backup 2 different save games, one in iCloud, another in OpenFeint. You'll find these in the Game Options menu.

19. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok also I bought the hd version on touch but hate that it crashes not a lot but in bad times. So can I by sd edition and play my save from hd version?

20. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Yes you can. :)