Galaxy On Fire 2 HD - was £6.99/$9.99 ===> NOW ONLY £0.69/$0.99!!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Goombaslayer

Goombaslayer Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Will Galaxy on fire 2 HD work on an iPhone 4? I know it doesn't say so, but I really want to take advantage of this sale

2. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    thanks :) yeah, i did go that route, and it unlocked the expansion and let me load the icloud save from the other version, but not the kaamo club, although my save was in the kaamo club and it let me leave, haven't tried landing back in there yet :)

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    It's back to 99c. Seems like the price went back up to 9.99 for an hour or so.

4. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Googling the internets I found this:

"Some people said it’s possible to play the HD version of GOF2 on the iPhone 4 or iPod 4G as well with reduced details/graphics, but the game is not optimized for that device and we don’t encourage our customers to buy the game if they don’t have an iPhone 4S or iPad 2. If you have an iPhone 4 or iPod 4G, it’s better to stick to the regular version of the game, which still looks pretty nice and runs perfectly on those devices…"

Words from the devs. It's from here: http://www.fishlabs.net/en/uncategorized/red-hot-galaxy-on-fire-2-hd-sets-the-ipad-2-and-iphone-4s-aflame/

Right before that there's a guy saying the game crashes sometimes on his iPod 4th.

5. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    Apparently, GOF2 HD is still playable (yet not running 100% smoothly) on the iPhone 4S. However, since the graphics and effects of Supernova are gonna be even more elaborate than those of the main game, the frame rate will drop significantly if you play the HD version of the new add-on on the iPhone 4 (especially when you enter the new star systems with animated skyboxes). So in that case we'd not recommend you to get hold of the HD version. However, for less than a buck, you'd still get hold of it in case you happen to buy an iPhone 5 or new iPad anytime soon. ;)

I'll check the issue of the Kaamo Club not being unlocked in HD after the save game synchronisation right away and get back at you as soon as I've heard from our developers.

6. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    Normally, the Kaamo Club should have been unlocked automatically after you transfered your save games from SD to HD. Since it can also be unlocked in-game without the player having to shell out real money, it's bound to your current save game and you should be able to restore it simply by clicking the "Restore Purchases" button in the add-ons menu.

If it doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team and send 'em a ticket. You can reach 'em via http://support.fishlabs.net/ and they'll gladly help you out. Sometimes a save game can be corrupted for one reason or another and in that case you'd have to upload it to Open Feint, so that our devs can download it to their computers and fix it manually.

7. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Just bought it, now I only have to clear up the space so that my previous SD and this HD can be installed. Thanks for the sale!

8. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    just bought the game now. :) I've always thought of purchasing this game.

9. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Are you planning to develop the HD game to ensure that the current spec and Supernova will be 100% optimised for iPhone 4s or just iPad 3 and iPhone 5?

I bought the HD version yesterday having owned the SD version since launch, and was surprised by your comments above and a little concerned tbh.

The AppStore suggests that the game is fully optimised for 4S but you are suggesting that this is not the case. :confused:

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #70 Rip73, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    I have to say it only because I've never seen another developer do the same, but that is an awesome support service.
    I hope I never need it but if I do, that is a brilliant back up service.
    I'm very impressed.

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm assuming he is talking about the iPhone 4, as he is later in the post.

12. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    Did this sale only last 12 hours? What a bummer! Missed out on grabbing it before Supernova is released. I'd planed on saving it for iPhone 5. Hopefully it's optimised for it by time of its release!

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It's gone back up in the uk app store but it did this at the start of the sale as well.
    It just kinda reset back to full price, then went back on sale, then reset again.
    'twas an app store glitch of some kind and the dev had to reset it back to sale price a few times.
    So it might still be on sale and just reset itself to full price. Check again in an hour or so.
    Now the sale might be over as well but it's still advertised as on sale on some sites so it's probably worth checking again in a while.

14. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Sorry for the hassle, guys. The sale is still on, but due to some glitch in iTunes the price gets set back to 9.99 US-$ over and over again. As you can imagine, it's a pretty awful situation for us, cause we got all the banners launched and the sale announced and now the price gets raised from 0.99 US-$ to 9.99 US-$ automatically every couple of hours or so. We're already in contact with the iTunes team and hope that everything will be solved rather soon. Until then, just wait a little and refresh the page after 30 minutes or so. We keep dropping the price manually whenever necessary, but it takes a little time for these actions to become effective. :(

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #75 Rip73, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Thanks for that update.
    I had a feeling iTunes was at that weird glitch/reset thing again.
    Saw on your Facebook the app store picture with chart listings. Nice to see a solid real good game in the high positions.
    I'm hoping for it to hit the top position.
    (it always seems to be right next to NOVA 3 in any of the store charts too, weird one kinda, considering its beside it on your facebook picture as well)

16. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Even though the app is available for Euro 0,79 in the German store, i can't purchase it!
    When i tap the price on iPad, the Icon changes to Buy App, but When i tap to confirm ist changes back to the price.
    I killed the store, cleared multitasking bar, same thing happens.
    Updates for other apps are downloadable as usual.

17. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Just try again in approx. 30 min. We just updated the sale again :-/

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It's working now, thanks a lot for the sale

19. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I got lots of quality games for 0.99 like FIFA 12, Dead Space and Air Mail, but despite not even being a fan of the genre, after playing this for one hour, this is definitely the one I got the most bang for a buck, simply incredible value. This is obviously subjective but as I'm also not a fan of the aforementioned games' genres except FIFA, this is the first one it feels even wrong to get for only a buck since it's so deep.

20. Siked

Siked Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I have an iPod Touch (3rd gen) Is it ok to buy the HD version or should I get the SD version?