Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Wahats the minimum os requirement?

2. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    This game is suppose to be 10+ hours long right? The beginning of the game should be a little duller than most ios games =)

3. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    i believe the reviewers played about 1hour of the game, unacceptable for this type of game. (--spoiler--btw you can still find new solar systems even after 5 hours of gameplay)

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Great game. A massive improvement from the original. I love how you can just fly around in space and find the planet you are looking for and fly to it without using the map like in the old game. Mining asteroids is a nice feature too. And the graphics are phenomenal. Definitely some of the best graphics I've seen on my iPhone 4.
    Excellent job, fishlabs. I hope it pays off well.

5. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    First of all, sorry, I was a little harsh... I'm checking this topic to get some tips on playing, and people are more interested in discuss value... And this is completely normal, since the game was released today.

It's very hard for me to regret a purchase, because in the end I play anything, according to my mood... And I can't rely too much on reviews, since I got Highborn because of reviews, just to find the game an utter crap (despite of the good jokes), in my opinion and taste, but sometimes I play it...

For the current price tag, and if you own an iPad, I can't see why you can't put a few bucks on this polished, beautiful and interesting game...

BTW, Fishlabs... What the... You should change the name of the auto-pilot button to "I like to smash my face in asteroids" button... It happened twice... Please fix this in the future... And second... Can't you guys put it back that crosshair that shows where you should aim your shots?

6. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Reallllly good game, I remember enjoying the first one alot too. Can see myself spending a long time on this one, great great replay value as the universe is simply massive.

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

My suggestion:

GET IT!

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #168 your personal robot, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    I'm slowly starting to fall in deep love with this game :)
    But still, my main problems/demands:

1) cockpit view (would be so much more immersive)
    2) I still would love to accelerate/brake
    2) fast forward/skip flight sequences (getting more and more annoying to just wait for 3-6 km)
    3) autopilot leads you through asteroids -> damage -> stupid

PS: Hiring wingmen is just cool! :)

9. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Only played a few minutes but it's all looking positive so far. Controls are good, and voice acting is great. Anyone played the original mobile phone version? I miss the combat theme they used in that one!

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    No acceleration / brake is my personal deal breaker.

11. Alienmario

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    this is the fourth galaxyonfire release and first time people complain about no brake/acc. I played all four releases and never thought i'd need such thing... probably too many old gamers who used to have that in their elite things

12. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Most moronic thing I've read this morning.

13. Alienmario

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #173 Alienmario, Oct 27, 2010
    and you are one of them?
    //i didn't say it is useless but i'm not missing it either

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I am definitively warming up to this game the more I play it (and my initial impression was rather positive to begin with), in spite of the lack of throttle controls, and the fact that all ships are equally fast.

Some bad news for those who find the early combat sequences rather slow: it seems that most expensive ships have lower handling scores than Betty (and thus are less agile and maneuverable), meaning that combat will not become more fast-paced in terms of flight speed, turning, dodging, etc.

Since I belong to the above-mentioned group, I find combat in GoF 2 to be fairly limited in both depth and sophistication, and in entertainment value. Too often, it comes down to pointing the crosshair, activating auto-fire (if yer like me, you avoid using it, just to increase the interactivity), and occasionally firing off the secondary weapon.

However, it is still twitch combat, meaning that it automatically beats the screen saver-like combat sequences of Warpgate, and it is still skill-based, which, together with the rest of the game, makes for quite an attractive package.

15. Alienmario

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    expensive ships also have alot slots so you can equip steerinng nozzle(s).

16. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    Fourth??? :eek: Then this should be entitled Galaxy on Fire 4? LOL just kidding, you must mean 2 versions from java and 2 for the iOS. Great game by the way. Played GOF2 on my SE K800 phone but fishlabs really brought a whole new GOF2 experience in the iOS.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

How am I supposed to do flight- and dogfight maneuvres then?

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You don't, unfortunately :(

19. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Man, have you played the first?

You increase your speed with the "nitro booster"...

People wrote that you can buy the gadget that enables this on GoF2, so stop complaining!

BTW, I enjoy controlling the speed of the craft, but I believe that putting a throttle on the iPhone would kill the already-crowded screen.

I don't own Star Battalion, but I saw some gameplay movies, and that throttle on the right of the screen appeared extremely annoying and clunky, since you have "occupy" your right thumb to do this... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Sometimes I think that Apple is taking too much time to put a analog stick and a L and R buttons on the lil thing...

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #180 Vovin, Oct 27, 2010

Yes, and that's where the fun comes in for me.

Even better would be archievements for your best flight maneuvres.