Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    First it was Space Miner, then Warpgate, and now GoF2.
    Each one seems like an "upgrade" to the previous game.
    Each one an excellent game worthy of purchase.

Now GoF2 is taking up all my spare time...listening to news while playing.
    Playing it on the toilet. Playing it in bed before drifting off to sleep...addictive gameplay.
    And I still don't even have $20,000 in credits, much less the millions needed to buy the best ships.

2. Shadewalkerz

Shadewalkerz Member

Oct 27, 2010
    What? only 30 cargo? and that thing costs 7,000,000?

..nvm, it has 15 equipment slots.

3. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Thank you , That helped.

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Help please!

I'm really struggling on the beginning, where I have to get 25 tons of ore. I just can't get the drill bit to stay on the rock. Any tips? Thanks

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

A question:

"Personal Need - bought 1000t of booze."#

What is booze exactly? Any alcoholic drink? because I've bought atleast 1000t of Union Beer (and sold it back again and bought it again...). Help?

6. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #686 Khavatari, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    When you actually buy this ship... you will not need big cargo slots anymore ... =)
    it is THE END

7. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Did you leave the station and return to sell?

D.

8. rubberfist007

rubberfist007 Member

Aug 2, 2009
    arrrrr matie

Great intel in this thread.

One thing I haven't yet figured out: how do you find the pirate outposts?

9. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    You mean at the stations that won't let you dock? Look for a red cloud off in the distance near the station. It won't show up on your radar right away, but it's pretty easy to spot if you look for it.

10. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #690 Alienmario, Nov 1, 2010
    use touch controls, keep your thumb down on the screen, or press fire to end mining
    btw there is full mining tutorial somewhere in this thread

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Nope. Thanks for telling! :)

12. rubberfist007

rubberfist007 Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Cool beans! I just wish I'd discovered this earlier...the bases would have been a bigger challenge.

Thanks for the heads up.

13. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Hmmmmm. A couple of minutes ago I saw in game announcement like: "***** is online" openfeint or what?:)

14. Shadewalkerz

Shadewalkerz Member

Oct 27, 2010
    the final mission is so buggy -.-

gonna try it now the third time, at first, as the mothership exploded, a used the drift to escape and then came a endless cinematic. now, i asked for his status, and he isnt moving anymore -_____-

15. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    i think i will start doing courier missions in hopes i get that 16 million glitch.:D

16. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Hi there,

dont use the Khador Drive to leave the system. Fly through the Wormhole. We are very sorry about this bug but seriously, although testing hundreds of hours, no one at Fishlabs had thought about using the hyperdrive in that situation. The bug is already fixed and we will run an update with some other bug fixings, like the button delay on some devices, very soon.

Cheers,
    Michael

17. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Are you pretty happy with the sales and the reception the game has received so far?

18. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Some reason I'm finding the controls on here bad, and the game seems to be slow. Does the game speed up when you get further in?

19. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    #699 fishlabs_games, Nov 1, 2010
    Well, sales can always be higher so we can invest more into the next update, sequel etc. ;) No, we are pleased and it is very encouraging to see that there is an audience on the App Store for console-style but hardcore games, like GOF2, with pretty big production budgets that have to sell at a premium price as these games won't make it to the top 10 and generate millions of paid downloads at $0.99.

Actually, we were quite positive that GOF2 will be a success. What really stroke us was the great positive feedback from the iCommunity. We didn't expect so many glowing reviews on the App Store, even with some negative critics, but really appreciating all the effort we put into this game.

The reason why we founded Fishlabs six years ago (when Sony Ericsson was introducing the first mass market mobile phone that could render 3d graphics) was that in our guts we were convinced we gonna see the same things (games) happening like in the mid/late nineties when 3D games became better and better and were driving PC hardware sales...now look what your iPhone 4 can do and extrapolate, based on the performance trajectory of mobile devices in the last five years, to the next few years...

Sorry, I was carried away. Bottom line: Yes, we are happy, GOF2 proved to us we are on the right track :)

Cheers,
    Michael

20. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Are you using the control stick to keep the crosshairs in the middle of the bulls-eye? If the red bar gets depleted you can hit the fire button before it is completely depleted and you will mine what ore you have currently obtained from the asteroid.