Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    The ability to freeze the action and capture the moment with zoom function is priceless. And not to mention the ability to take a screenshot, not just the power+home function but the actual in-game HD screenshot feature

2. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Where can we get energy cells for the khador drive?

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just buy them like anything else I've found them in the higher tech level stations it seems random when you find them keep looking.

I just switched my Groza for a Hernstein I briefly tried the mercenary Tyrian ship with only one primary weapon but it was a bit strange it shot only from the one wing if it had of shot from the centre I may have kept it for longer.

I'm starting to find it a lot easier to make money now my levels risen a bit I think you get better drops from pirates and just higher paying missions in general.

4. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    The higher the level the more money you earn... it's a bit strange because when you really need money is on the start of the game!

5. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Just like in real life! :D

6. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    #646 DarthSlim, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    I bought a Kinzer, and that was a really nice ship, but then I traded my Kinzer for a Veteran and that one is even better! It doesn't look as pretty though.

7. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Could somebody please tell me where I could find Gunant's Drill or the blueprints for it? I think I've searched all over and no luck.
    Thanks in advace.

8. Slayniac

Slayniac Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Germany
    Hint: Gunant is the guy who picks you up at the beginning.

9. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Still think the azov has been my favorite ship. Not the best ship in the game, obviously, bu definitely my favorite for the first third of the game

10. aleksa-94

aleksa-94 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Has anyone with a jb ipad tried it with fullforce?its amazing!:)

11. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Where can I buy the Terran ship that's only 42k but has 108 cargo hold? Just mined, and when I went back it was gone. ಠ_ಠ

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well I've tried a few ships now and strangely the Groza is still my favourite ok it's not super powerful but it grew on me and was a good all rounder so far the ships I've tryed and in order I bought them are.

Furious - First one I could afford that I found really it was nice to ditch Betty at last.

Groza - Bought this pretty quickly afterwards and it's served most of my game time with 3 primarys and nice cargo space it was a big jump.

Tyrian - Needed a change really so I bought this even though I'd be losing 2 primary guns I figured the equipment slots might be worth it. I didn't like how this one fired from only one side so I sold it quite fast to be honest I think the Groza is just better. One thing in it's favour though the dogfights are more intense with only one gun.

Hernstein - Didn't have this one that long but at the minute I'm considering going back to it again. With the black hole equip it has 310 cargo space, Two primary guns only but it does have a turret and I think it was 9 equipment slots. I actually liked it but I still want to fly everything so.

Nuyang 2 - This is my current ship I figured It was time I tried one with four guns but I don't really have much positive to say about this one it's got firepower and equipment slots but it seems a little sluggish and is missing the turret.

Have no clue what I'll buy next but I just did my first Vossk Organs run so shouldn't take me long. I still haven't followed the storyline missions either as yet and I got the 20 hour addicted achievement earlier so I guess I've played over 20 hours now I think I just spent a couple after that scouring the galaxy for microchips.

13. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Yeah, but if you want the answer.

(Highlight for SPOILERS)

Val Hastra, Mido system

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

damn i just checked. i've logged 20 hours od my life into this game since release. holy crap.

15. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    #655 meatz666, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Yeah, I don't want to sound arrogant, but is so easy to raise money in this game... I will try to explain what I do:

1. If you have 200,000 in your account, don't spend 180,000 in a ship. NEVER! You need net working money... Just like in real life, if you invest 1,000,000 in a good business, you return will be far greater than the guy that invested 10... Going short on the money makes everything hard, specially because rule number 4;
    2. Try looking on the outer systems. Every time you see a product with a big price tag (like organs, implants, and that dust thing from the Vossks, etc), check the highest, lowest price info. If you only have (this system), check how many they are selling of that product. If you see number like 100, 150, that means that probably this system is the best place to buy. If you don't know what is the best place to sell a particular item, the rule is: Farther the system, better the price... If you are buying stuff at the Thenome Terran station, the best place to sell are the southern or western systems, and vice-versa... Visit them to check which gives you the best price...
    3. The jumpgate station is normally the best place to sell stuff. It's not a rule, but is what I noticed.
    4. Always go for the "largest" profit. For example, I know that buying towels for 4$ and selling them for 400$ is a great relative profit, but the number of towels sold in a station and your cargo are limited. So, better to profit 3,000 on a product that "costs 3,000/sell 6,000", then towels. That's why is EXTREMELY important that you have working money. I normally don't spend any money until I know that I have, sitting in my account, enough money to buy a whole cargo of expensive stuff.
    5. If you are on a far system, but you can't find any profitable products, try searching every planet on that system. If you don't find them, travel to the next system. Sometimes that same product will be a little more expensive, but you still get good profits... Even if you don't find enough to fill you cargo, keep travelling and filling it, then travel to the other side of the galaxy

Seriously, I only did missions/space mining for initial capital, fun and medals. After a while, I really think it's a waste of time doing them.

And other thing... After getting the personal warpgate, everything becomes so easy... I jumped from 2 million to 5 million in a couple of hours because of that...

BTW, Aegir rocks, I trade it for a Mantis, and now I just miss my lil blue ship!
    And thx for the guy that posted how to get all medals! Can't wait to get that surprise that comes after getting all of them

16. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm almost at 40 rofl.

My Easy mode already has the gold addict. I'm at 18 hours with my Hard mode.

17. Dragon Star

Dragon Star Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    so i have 2 tyrfang and 2 maxheat, should i switch to 4 of either one? i dont have any blueprint weapons, so that is not an option.

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think it works better using the same type for accurate aiming but different types may also help if your aim isn't perfect as you would have a better chance of half your weapons connecting.
    I'm basing this solely from observation and the game freelancer though. I think velocity is the important thing to match if you do mix them I wouldn't worry to much about range etc.

I could also be wrong but that's how it was in freelancer.

19. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Actually this is a very personal thing, it should match your playing style... And sometimes is a blast changing them, because you have to change the way you play...

But normally I go with 2 short distance high damage, and 2 long distance... Because most of the times you can lock, dish out most of the enemy's life long distance, then finish the job...

I love the Maxheat as well, but it's just too easy to have friendly fire with them.

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What's the best way to make money? I'm at 1.3 million and I want to get to about 2-3 million.

At the moment I mainly do side missions, loot the ships I destroy and sell the loot.
    Is mining/trading very profitable? I did a bit of mining, but I find it takes too much time to earn a decent amount of money.

I also just bought a shield blueprint. Does this mean that I can make a profit if I buy all the parts, make the shield and sell it? (and then repeat).