Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    For gold, mine all the ores. I think there are 11 in total.
    Just check if you didn't miss any.

There's gold, iron, hypanium, perrius, pyresium, oricalzine, titanium, cesogen, and three more I can;'t remember :p

2. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

mine all core and ore for the medals.

3. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

Question, which of the best weapon do you guys like? i can't really decide between the mass driver and tyrfing blaster, one have best range and speed, while the other has the best damage...

4. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    going for all gold. Working on the 1000 tons of booze lol. I first gotta find a station where they have a ton of it already, so I can do that swap trick.

5. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    I love the mass driver and would recommend it. I haven't tried the tyrfing blaster yet, so I can't comment.

There's another gun the M A3 Wolverine which you can get off a blueprint. With 4 of them attached it is basically 1 hit KO for any ship.

6. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

That thing is nice, i think it usually took 8 shots on normal to kill a pirate (i used to have two on the anaan), sadly i traded them in when building my mass drivers, now i kind of want it back. Just imagining the power of four closely placed beam(thanks to the void) targeting one ship...makes me shiver.

7. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    I use the Nayuang II, so I have some pretty close together guns as well.

8. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

*Goes off into the galaxy trying to find what Nayuang looks like*

9. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    so i have these organs carrying around and no buyers, yet when i didnt have them i kept finding people that would spend around 900,000 for them. WTF

10. After debating between this and Star Battalion for almost the whole day and seeing this thread getting continuously bumped up, I finally decided to buy this. Any tips/advice for a beginner?

11. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

Pay attention to the tutorials, follow the main mission, get to know which freelance is easier for you and do those, visit new places to find good price for trading(basic buy low sell high), always visit the space lounge for any new station you visit, if you find a blue print, ether buy it, or remember where it was for when you have money...

12. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    If you're undecided on whether to buy a ship, save your game, and try out the ship. That way, if you don't like it, just load it again.

Trading is a good way to earn money, but you need a large capital for it to be worth anything.

Build that first prototype as fast as you can. It really helps.

Don't bother with turrets.

13. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I have been reading the threads and I haven't seen it around.

Is this game similar to the first in that most of the time you spend playing it you are doing repetitive side missions? Also, is there a lot of time just spent flying towards way points and not doing anything?

14. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I wouldn't say never buy turrets. In any of the areas where you're running for a wormhole, you can keep fire off your tail with a good turret...but boosters are better.

There are a lot of ways to do well in this game. Figure out what you enjoy the most and go for it. Some people love trading. Someone said that they do well mining. I have the most fun doing run and gun missions, so I personally grabbed a fast ship and some good weapons and took as many missions as possible.

15. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #615 Watabou, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Sold my Mantis and bought a Veteran instead.

It's no fun using a Mantis. It's too easy. Plus, the Veteran looks nice unlike the Mantis and I can have a turret!

[​IMG]

Oh and does anyone know what standing bonus is?

16. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore

Hmm i never really find an opportunity to use my turrets. Usually switching to turret view makes my ship a sitting duck for pirates, coz I can't steer and my ship goes in a straight line.

I like doing trading, and if there are any "bring this item to that station" missions, I do those too.

And junk removal missions are incredibly easy with nukes. I use the AMR Oppressor.

17. Reemas

Reemas Member

Oct 28, 2010
    delete me

18. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Let's post pictures of all the top quality ships. Mine is Aegis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    #619 Tower Defender, Nov 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

Here's my pride and glory with 4 Maxdrivers attached :).

[​IMG]

20. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

#620 nixiang915, Nov 1, 2010
    I got to say, all those thermo looks so awesome firing together! Blaster fires...not so much.

Attached Files: