Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #381 Tower Defender, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
    Hey fish labs, awesome game, but you know what would be cool? If you could have more then one ship at a time. Maybe you can have 3 ships at a time... Because sometimes I don't feel like being all powerful and roll with a ship that is small and fast... And sometimes I want to use a ship that has a large cargo space. What do you guys think? Maybe have a personal cargo station to hold your excess belongings and ships. I wouldn't mind stockpiling. Of course the cargo station should be purchased if you have the cash. Welp that is my idea.;)

On a side note I think the destroy the enemy battleship type missions should return. I think those missions should be made extremely difficult with many enemies on the screen. I mean once you get the mantis or the veteran... Nothing really holds up against you no more. Maybe instead of just one battleship, it could be a traveling convoy of 3. That'll make an intense fight right there.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yah. Another standard function that is often highly appreciated. Just let us keep all ships, unless we decide to sell them, switch to whatever owned ship is available at the station we are at, and possible require us to pay a storage fee for any ships we leave behind.

3. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    I just noticed, the planet Kappa (in the Union system) was the main setting for the game "Deep" that you also made. Any plans on porting that game to iOS as well?

It's fun finding easter eggs...

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Reinstall back the GoF3D for (finally) getting a blast of the main storyline. Just happen to notice that there is no speed dial (expect auto pilot and dash) in the original, neither! May be i am stupid and missed something. If not, I guess somebody here must have figured this out already or the reviews must be bashing a dead horse...

5. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

...ugh. Tried to not spend more money in app store. But apparently my resistance was futile. Curse you gof2. :mad:

6. Reemas

Reemas Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Bugs

some bugs or inconsistencies:

-when you leave the app and come back (i.e. pressing home and then switching back), for some reason the "back" button found on the lower left is significantly less responsive. this is 100% repeatable and it seems as though you now have to tap on the upper half of the button to get to work.

-"Show me on the map" doesn't work consistently. in the actual map menu, you can jump to a planet, but in the rest of the menus (i.e. talking to someone about a mission, etc.) it just makes a beep sound and doesn't do anything

7. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #387 Tower Defender, Oct 30, 2010
    Here's some minor bugs.

1. Sometimes when you are talking to people in the lounge, the wrong image of the person is shown. For example it would be a female picture when the individual is speaking with a Vossk voice.

2. Missiles glitch and unequip themselves sometimes, or just downright disappears from your inventory.

3. Sometimes when you acquire a blueprint or missile from the lounge, they don't show up in your inventory until you leave the station and than come back to it.

8. pcgeek73

pcgeek73 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Have never been a big fan of these types of games. But, wow lots of fun and I am glad I bought it. If you want to add me on game center. I'm pcgeek.

9. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    Yin Co. shadow ninja rocks!!!

10. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Hi Micheal, I am VERY pleased with you design decisions or refuses to change it therefore!!!!

I still feel GOF2 is quite arcade-like and I like it. Maybe Someone who never experienced the complication of a real simulator cannot understand this. Dogfight is a ton of fun!

The only thing that bogs me is the ´two maps` implementation.
    In the lounge you can show it on the map but you cannot plot your route from here. You have to go back to the Hangar to do that.
    This is a bit annoying over time.

Congrats for that GREAT GAME!

11. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Hello everyone, new user here. GOF2 is freaking amazing! I've been looking forward to this game for a really long time and I am not disappointed. I've already sunk in about 10 hours over 3 days. Love it! Great job fishlabs.

12. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    where can I buy the Mantis ship? i've been looking for it but i can't seem to find it... thanks in advance

13. creamycoleslaw

creamycoleslaw New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Hey just finished the scene where Keith hooks up with Carla.. I'm kind of lost on what to do next... I did a couple of missions but still can't continue the story. Please help! :confused:

14. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #394 ge0c31t, Oct 30, 2010
    I got mine in the S'kolptorr system tech 10 station
    [​IMG]

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Hey, new user. I'm not from Russia.

Also, be kind, rewind.

16. BrainGame

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    #396 BrainGame, Oct 30, 2010
    thanks man... :D

Edit: i just checked but Mantis is now where to be found in that system...

17. ge0c31t

Sep 17, 2009
    #397 ge0c31t, Oct 30, 2010
    Keep jumping out of the system and coming back its not always there
    Also try K'ontrr and V'ikka its very random :)
    Just jumped to check its at ferr station on my app but i hear its generated randomly

18. creamycoleslaw

Oct 30, 2010
    Do I have to get a certain medal?

19. ge0c31t

Sep 17, 2009
    You can continue to go for all gold medals and when you achieve this it unlocks something very special :)

20. creamycoleslaw

Oct 30, 2010
    lol ty. but i just want to continue the story! :)