Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

bloody hell. i want to enjoy this, i REALLY REALLY do, but i just cant get anywhere.
    and i've gotta get a review article written up darn soon.

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    What specifically are you having problems with? I couldn't figure out the mining at first, but someone here helped me with that, and since then I've been having a blast.

3. Reemas

Reemas Member

Oct 28, 2010
    any plans for gyroscope controls?

4. Slayniac

Slayniac Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Germany
    #304 Slayniac, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    To earn money, trading appears to be the most lucrative way. Although you will need some base capital to do so. Make sure you have a lot of free cargo and take a close look at the good prices. Whenever a station has a huge supply of a good it is most likely that the offered price is very low. Check the item description if you're unsure since you can find the known price range there and where you can sell it for profit.

An other good approach is doing missions for a faction that you have a positive standing with (thus receiving a standing bonus).

edit: Pirating is a very good source of income as well. Many freighters carry very valuable goods. You might run into trouble with the local security though.

5. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA

Hanger shop. Left arrow sells to station, right arrow buys stuff. Pretty simple if you think about it.

6. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    A tip for everyone.

If you see the Vossk Organs, BUY IT!!! Don't ask, DO IT!!!

I just found a mission where a guy is willing to pay 600,000 credits for 15 Vossk Organs. The organs are 2000 each.

I can't for the life of me find those organs any more :(... but I'm holding onto that mission lol.

7. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    you found the secret of money lol. you can sell them at Aquila system and find some at Pan system (which is secret :p)

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I made 300,000 + by selling some turrets I looted from another ship(s). It took me a while before I even realised I had them. I guess it was just luck, but if you keep on killing and looting, you're bound to get something valuable.

9. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    #309 Tower Defender, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    O'rly? :eek: Than I didn't hear it from you. ;)

Edit: Speaking of Pan, are there 4 hidden systems in total? Or are their more...

10. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    So overall do you guys think this game is worth the 6.99?

11. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    I am having significantly decreased responsiveness when 'resuming' the game from running in the background. I have a iPhone 4 running the latest software. The only way to fix this is to terminate the game at the multitasking menu, which is a nuisance because this happens too frequently.

12. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Me too, mate... But it doesn't bother me to restart sometimes... The game is heavy, I must say...

So funny that the guy from Appspy put a lot of cons on the game, and he is playing with Betty for the whole video...

Appspy has amazing gameplay videos, but it stops there... The reviews, scores, etc, don't make any sense whatsoever...

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Excellent game. So far I've played for a little over 8 hours and I haven't even started the campaign's main missions (I've just done the tutorial missions).
    For all I care, the campaign is just an added bonus. I'm quite happy doing the side missions, trading and buying cool new ships, weapons, equipment etc.

14. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    So guys, Is there like a sandbox sorta thing in this game?

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yes, you can fly between multiple solar systems which each consist of different planets, and each planet has it's own space station where you can dock, trade goods and find side missions.

16. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Same for me dude. I think I'm just on my fourth campaign mission but haven't done the fifth one for five hours now. I've just been mining and upgrading my ship. It's so much fun going at your own pace and trying to find ultra rare items that sell for more than 100k.

Got 6 cores mined atm. I think I got the technique down too. :)

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I finally decided to pick this up. Been playing for a little over an hour, and so far no regrets at all; in fact quite the contrary. Whatever faults this game might have, they don't prevent it from being extremely engaging, which for a game like this is a make or break thing. Just throwing this out there as I know there were others who were on the fence.

18. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    #318 ZeroAT, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    HOW ON EARTH do i do mining?

I did the auto pilot thing and reached the point where it drills, but how do u let it stay in the middle rofl?

edit:NVM found it.

19. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Even figuring it out still leaves a very difficult mining game, unless you have the better drills.

With the cheaper ones, you'll find the drill hugging the side of the screen while you are pulling and holding the analog stick towards the opposite direction.

20. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #320 Watabou, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    There's a trick to mining. Just holding the analog stick will only get you so far.

What you do is keep pushing and pulling the analog stick with fast short strokes. This way, the drill barely even goes past the second circle.

I still have the lowest mining drill and I have mined 13 cores fairly easily.

EDIT: Just saw I'm 22nd in the "Cores Mined" leaderboard. :D Awesome.