Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    No, the problem is, I got a decent ship and loads of money.
    But the planets around me don't sell anything, and there are just two :(
    So, right now, this is a dead end for me.

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

ouch! :(

----

Next thing I'm going to save for: A turret! :eek:

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think it has a reputation system (guess only) you can probably get back on their good books by shooting enough pirates which I need to do myself actually although I'm only seeing them as a neutral colour.

Was probably the same mission caused my rep drop but I made it back to the station and payed a bribe had to do a lot of dodging to get there though.

4. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, right now I practicing to dogde ... still 3 km until happiness.

5. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #205 Alienmario, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    so are we there yet to compare our ships and weapons?
    already finished the story
    Edit: gameplay 8:22! I think it doesnt count time that you lose by loading savegames over your game

6. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Don't judge too early in the game.

This game gets better and better as you play (obviously).

Try to think of Space Miner........ In the beginning, it is very boring and you only have a pea-shooter. About 3-4 hours in the game, things pick up quite rapidly, and the upgrades are all good that it makes choosing items for your ship very difficult. Saving $80k just for two guns.

7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I wished I'd waited & purchased this instead of star battalion. How are the controls? I didn't like the first one.

8. Der-Kleine

quite ok. Touch or tilt, both work fine.

BTW, who else has gotten the achievement "addicted" (I guess that's what it's called, I'm playing it in german, where it's called "süchtig")?

9. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    I should have a video up soon.....

10. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It should be possible to determine a route of more than one warp gate.
    Extended tours become a bore otherwise.

11. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    So for me, GoF 1 got boring quickly because there were only a few mission types, and it seemed like half the time in each mission was just spent flying towards the objective. Has that changed in this one?

12. Nigra

Nigra Member

Oct 26, 2010
    That's the same I thought! But the you think "how would 50meters ship fight at 999.999.999km/h?" I guess that pretty much answered all of my questions :p

I think you can go there, there they have a thread for the old java version with a bunch of lists and stuff. I believe all of the elements remain the same, anyway I'm not sure it's legal to post a link to another forum here. I think you may find it with google searching for fishlabs + forums.

There was a guy who said you needed to dock at the station in every planet you visited in order to use the jumpgate but you can also set the autopilot (or the "crash asteroids on my face mode" as another guy called it XD) to the jumpgate and you will be able to select the destination there.

13. Der-Kleine

Two screenshots:

[​IMG]

Eat guided laser missiles!

[​IMG]

Turret power!

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I'm really loving this game, it's in my top 10 for sure! Nice pictures by the way. I love how they made it super easy to take pictures in this game.

15. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #215 Alienmario, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    @der-kleine cant see your screens btw where is your video?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    screen 4
    screen 5

these are my top screenshots, it sure looks better in motion and on retina display

16. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Meh. I played a little bit and was a tad dissapointed. the biggest problems for me are:

1. It still takes forever to fly somewhere. Find youself 10km away from the station? have fun waiting 30 seconds to get there. This is the biggest problem for me.

2. There are no speed controls (the devs should really implements something similar to Star Batallion)

3. Not really a big deal, but the music is mediocre and voice acting is worse than gameloft.

Other than that, it can still be a pretty fine game. The battles aren't particularly exciting but I wouldn't say they're dull. The devs should also implement rolls a la star battalion to liven it up a bit.

The devs do deserve props for making such a large scale game though. And the photo taking system rocks.

17. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    $6.99? Too rich for my blood...

18. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    So I'm obviously an idiot because I'm on the first mission where I'm supposed to mine ore from an asteroid. It says to press fire after I've aimed at the asteroid. First of all, the autopilot doesn't always take me to the specified asteroid. When it has, I aim at it, but I have no guns. When I've locked on and continued pressing, I see an orange circle fill around the targeting reticule, but when it completes, I just get a message saying no tractor beam available. What incredibly obvious thing am I missing?

19. Der-Kleine

I'll get the pictures back soon.

The video is being uploaded to youtube atm. Just had to find my camera today, that's why it took abit longer than expected. It's going to have some turretastic gameplay.

20. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Mining 101:
    -------------
    First, aim your reticule at the asteroid and then wait for the orange line to circle around the reticule to select it. Next, hit your fire button. It should cause you to go to the asteroid and land on it. NOTE: If you select an asteroid that is too close to your ship then you'll crash into it before your targeting system has completely acquired it!

Now you should find yourself at a mini-game screen with a little whirling drill symbol and a series of circles. The idea is that you keep the drill symbol within the circles as much as possible. If the drill-bit gets out of the circles for too long than the line at the top of the screen will start to go down. If that circle goes down all the way then you've destroyed the asteroid but didn't pull anything from it (mining failure).

As you keep the drill icon within the circles the outermost circles will start disappearing and you'll see near your icon the amount of tonnage of ore you've mined. Note that you do not actually get that amount into your cargo hold until one of two things happen - (1) you hit the fire button at any time to stop mining or (2) you are able to mine the asteroid through the last circle successfully.

It took me a while to learn, but you don't have to mine the asteroid all the way down to the last circle - if the "asteroid stability" line at the top of your screen goes down too low then hit fire to exit the asteroid mining so you can at least keep what you've mined so far.

Hope that helps somebody!