Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I think my problem is, that the very first game of this type I ever played was Elite. Every single game since then, has been a disappointment. I guess all I really want from a game like this is just Elite with updated graphics. Does this one come anywhere close?

2. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    HEY! Dont Use Game DEV Story's name in Vain!:)

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Any chance of inclusion of flight within the atmosphere? Until sufficient impressions are out, it is on the bench together with that Star Battalion thing...

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The problem with the first game was that the campaign structure was not good. You were forced to play the first 13 missions in a row. The storyline was all concentrated into those missions. Only after you beat them did the game open up and allow you to explore. But by then there were no campaign missions left.You had already beaten the main game. The only thing remaining were side missions. You could play the game for another 20 hours afterwards. There was that much content. But why would you? there was no more motivation left to keep going.

I'm sure that faulty structure has been fixed this time around.

5. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    Here are some screenshots of the game, for me its not the game i thought it wil be. Still missing lot of optimization on graphics.

Attached Files:

6. Baalim

Baalim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    The first post leaves me a little confused.

Is this supposed to be a future universal app with an Ipad support coming in a few weeks ?

I suppose so, because the future release of an Ipad/universal version would make this version obsolete, but there is no word about this on the official site.

7. NiclasW

NiclasW Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student in MediaDesign
    Cologne, Germany
    Are those Retina screenshots?

8. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Yep, exactly ;)

9. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    yep, space is kind of empty in the newbie area...what did you expect?

10. Baalim

Baalim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    Thanks for the answer ;)

Now I guess that the only problem left for me is to wait for the european release in a few hours :D

11. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    This sorta thing makes me glad I'm basically nocturnal now I'm unemployed, when midnight rolls around that's still plenty of gaming time left.

Will be snapping this one up, really enjoyed the first one, think I put about 16 hours of playtime into. I'm liking the pricing structure too. Universal later, and then the price goes up. Early adopting FTW. Fingers crossed though that doesn't take as long as it is for Carcasonne ;)

12. zxelman

zxelman Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Wow, this game looks like it will reach new marks. I'm definitely trying this one out. I kind of expected multiplayer though, not that I like playing with people all the time but it feels off that a sequal doesn't have the slightest bit of multiplayer. Still getting this game regardless and I will post my impressions asap.

13. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Awesome. I loved the first game, I'm definately looking forward to this one.

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    This is exactly right. Assuming they've addressed this in the sequel I will be all over this game. Like many of you I've been looking forward to it since it was announced.

15. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Love it when you forget about a release date and it turns up on the forum like this :)

Insta-buy! :D

16. kitehimuro

kitehimuro Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Game Impressions

On a 3G it's crap. It has the same "touch-lag" of about HALF GODDAMNED MINUTES as the old one had ever since the 3.0 firmware update. Don't buy it if you're only on 3G. Also, OPTIMIZED for 4G? Bullcrap. It's never OPTIMIZED to run on the STRONGEST HARDWARE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET YOU'RE IN.

17. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Well, the video looks very impressive. I'll have time to look at some impressions before I buy, since I'll be on a plane when it releases in my store.

18. Phantomlord

Phantomlord Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I bought the 1st one & had my fill. the 2nd game looks great but without multiplayer this is a deal breaker for me. I think I'll wait on this one for now baring a multiplayer update or a .99 sale

19. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Can anyone confirm that it works on all IDevices?

20. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    so.. How is this game? First game was cool for a little while, but some of the combat sequences weren't balanced right and gets pretty frustating.

Also the fact that planets were just background pics and took up no actual space (doesn't get bigger or smaller and you fly around) made it a pretty big bummer.

hopefully this addresses those issues somewhat.