Universal Galaxy of Trian (by Grey Wizard Innovative LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    How long does it take to update an app? It's been under 'modification' for the last 3 or 4 hours.

2. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Same for me. Haven't been able to download it.

3. Grey Wizard Innovative

Grey Wizard Innovative Active Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    We are very sorry :( This is not our fault - we are not doing any updates :( Most people are able to download it (we are talking thousands). Maybe try restarting your device?

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I've not being able to download it either. And I've tried a restart, logged out everything. Just keeps saying being modified?

5. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    We are very sorry - this is one of the reasons we were not announcing it - we were expecting that there are going to be issues :(

Looking at the response to this silent event (press coverage and number of responses in this thread) we are seriously considering preparing LITE version of the app to make it more accessible to players.

6. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Yeah same with me I can't download it. No worries I'll try again tomorrow

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Been trying to download every couple of hours for last 24hrs, kept getting the 'being modified' message and unable to download. I already know what the Devs answer will be - "sorry, perhaps you should have tried restarting your phone" etc etc - so before you say it, I did restart my phone....and my iPad....and I logged in/out/in to my App Store account.....still no joy. Price now back up to £3.99.

May just be the cynic in me but I can't help thinking this 'mystery problem' has been in itself a big marketing ploy to drum up interest. Well, going by the reviews, I don't think I'll be picking it up at full price - partly because I'm not convinced it's worth it and partly out of principle.

Don't get me wrong, a free app is great and I'm always grateful when Devs opt to drop their prices to boost interest/sales. Providing I have a positive experience from it, I will always leave positive feedback and an App Store review as its the least I can do to say thanks. If I have poor experience or if I don't think the app is really worth the full asking price, I tend to keep my opinions to myself out of courtesy - never bite the hand that feeds you! In short, I'm not grumbling like a spoilt brat because I missed out on a free game, I'm grumbling because of the Devs dismissive response.

It has annoyed me a little - they've posted a message to say they don't know what the problem is and that we are a minortiy few who have experienced this issue. Apart from that, they're clearly not that bothered. Their comments don't show any great concern to the fact that several TA members report problems in purchasing their game from various corners of the globe and in doing that, they are being fairly dismissive of the people/community they probably want to have on side more than most, if they're looking for constructive feedback and viral promotion.

So there we go, grumble over. Good luck with the app - hopefully the 'Lite' version will be good enough to convince me to put my money down... had better be good though as there are several other board/card games I have my eye on at the moment.

8. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    I believe the app was only free for 24 hours, in order to fulfill their Kickstarter rewards, since iOS makes app codes a pain to do in bulk. Of course this has the fringe benefit of making it free for EVERYONE. I was hoping to take advantage, but hey, sometimes stuff goes ca-ca!

Point is, it was never intended to stay free. Would be nice to keep all that in mind before brandishing pitchforks :)

9. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    FYI, I was just now able to download!

10. fpw250

fpw250 Member

Sep 23, 2010
    When it was free I went to download it but couldn't now that the price went up I can suddenly download it now.
    I can't be the only one thinking some shenanigans are going on.
    And I so wanted to play this but can't now untill I get some money in 2 weeks.

11. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Guys don't worry. The AppStore is currently experiencing issues. It's not the Dev who made it so you cannot download it, it's a bug.

Same thing is happening with this game (it's usually paid) try download it while it's free.

Space Inversion 2. by merlyn lear
    https://appsto.re/gb/2E0zA.i

12. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I just was able to download it for free also.

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Will the expansions come to iOS eventually?

14. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    Eventually is a key word here ;) It will take some time as first we would like to fix some issues with the game, make it "as fun as possible" and "easy to understand the rules". The game is complex and so we made our priorities like that.

The other thing is that this game has a very bad luck - first server providers switched off some features (and by so our multiplayer) now the problem with downloading for some folks. I am really concerned what else can go wrong here? :(

After we are happy with the fixes and changes to the game we are going to add extensions. First we are going to test them with our beta testers. If they are happy with the quality - than we are going to ship them for free (one by one) to all those who have the full game version.

Best,

15. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    Hello!

After months of work the game is finally coming to Android devices (to Steam too but this is not an important information here). Starting on Tuesday the game should be available via Google Play Store. It will be released in a freemium format so all interested players will be able to check how it is working on their devices and how they like the game itself before purchasing the full version.

iOS version will receive a solid update making it equal to Android version. So: new multiplayer engine to make multiplayer works better, better resolution and image quality, better performance, option to select AI level from 3 different options (and if everything goes well there will be more AI options coming this year) and last but not the least - several new avatars to choose from :)

We put a lot of effort to make game better and nicer and give you more fun - and we hope you guys will like the changes.

Best,
    Grey Wizard Innovative team

16. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    iOS Update

When does the iOS update come out? I've been interested in this game but have been kind of hesitant to buy it until the issues are worked out(especially multiplayer)

Any chance of a sale when the update comes out?

Thanks!

17. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    iOS update is live already.

As for today we do not plan any sales right now (other than Steam -10% release discount)

18. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    How do you change difficulty levels?

I have a few multiplayer games cued up but none of them have started yet.

19. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    As multiplayer requires checking if people are playing - and most of them are not answering - it is difficult to start multiplayer game - there are far too few people willing to play.

However we have stepped up the difficulty level - there are now several different AI opponents and one can setup different difficulty levels. Some of them are quite demanding