Universal Galaxy of Trian (by Grey Wizard Innovative LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 30, 2016.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Well in case I really want one, I have an US account also. Thank you!

2. Grey Wizard Innovative

Grey Wizard Innovative Active Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    Here is some longer gameplay video (in french, but there is a little text in a game so it shouldn't be an issue)

Ships are in production - they are one of the planned additions DLCs, but first we need with other issues (stated by Mythbuster).

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That's okay, I appreciate the active support and will, on my end, try to better isolate the crash conditions.

4. moonking

moonking Member

Jun 16, 2015
    #24 moonking, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    After playing through the tutorial, and two AI matches [A 1v1(about 10mins) and a 1v1v1v1(about 5 mins)] i can say it's really easy to pick up and play. The UI is great and clean. All in all its good for me due to how quick the matches are. If I'm on my phone that's typically what I need. I have a PC for games, but when I'm not near that-little ones like this get me by.. You know how it is.

It seems like the Devs will be on top of issues, as they're obviously active in the forum. Definitely looking forward to the addition of ships. It adds a huge mechanic to the gameplay.

Also, the AI aren't much of a challenge. Definitely meant to be played agains humans. I have a bunch of multiplayer matches queued up, haven't heard back yet..ADD ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO PLAY - DiscoWizard. Making an account takes under a minute with no email verification. Or you can sign in with Facebook.

I feel like anyone upset with the game simply didn't know what they were buying. Do a little research, it delivers on what it is trying to be.

Pass and play doesn't really appeal to me simply because there is a physical board game that is gorgeous. Still it's a viable option..

Great work Grey Wizard!

5. brianfletcher128

Jul 1, 2016
    so disappointed. I never play it again

6. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    We reproduced the issue and fixed it. Or at least that is what our tests proves. Fix is implemented and is at the moment at its way to Apple Store. We don't know when it is going to be live (The new version number is 1.1.2) as the weekend is coming and even guys from Apple can't process all the requests they get ;)

Crash is triggered by situation, when after closing any area (either planetary or nebula) players try to take back one of his/hers emissary, and then press "cancel".

I see there that trailer of our game is missing in this thread. So here it is:

7. I played some last night thinking I could play a few min. The tutorial ended up taking an hour, though. So here it is:

Interesting concept, although I'm not sure such a long tutorial is necessary, and there are still things I'm a bit unclear on even after finishing it. But maybe I have to look up the rules for the physical board game?

That said, I'd like to play against actual people and not just the AIs...but I'm having trouble getting the matchmaking to work. Anyone else have success with that?

8. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    Hi - thank you for this video - we already noticed it and we are sharing it wherever possible - you have some stamina ;) and this is really a great work.

Game is not just a Carcassonne in space and introduces several mini-mechanics. We had showcased this game on several shows, and we noticed that people have different pace of getting different parts of the rules. Initially we started with 6 missions but it wasn't enough :(

That said - we would love to discuss with you (or anyone) what is not clear - we want to improve the experience as much as possible. We plan for a serious update within few months (or even sooner if it will be possible) and having more clear explanation of rules always helps.

Thank you once again for your great work.

9. #29 AppUnwrapper, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Any idea why I can't get the matchmaking to work? I think the game has a lot of potential against other humans, but I don't see myself playing much against the AIs. I want to sabotage real people.

10. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    We are investigating it (but please mind that is about 10PM in most places in Europe right now and it is Saturday evening - it is bit difficult to do anything especially if main programmer has a little one to care about ;)). In a meantime, seeing that your gamer tag is AppUnwrapper I challenged you directly :) Hope it will be more challenging than playing against the AI.

11. Thanks! Will check it out when I get home later. :)

12. How do I find the invitation? Or did I need to be online when you sent it?

13. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    Good morning,

I am sorry to say that, but we have/had an issue with the server service we are using. Due to last-minute policy change some of our features stopped working (including multiplayer). I spend most of the night negotiating with them (we are in Europe, they are in USA - so time difference) and it looks like we are on track to solve the issue. We need few more hours to re-script some server code and then multiplayer should be working.

Our apologies for the whole situation - but I hope you guys will understand that here the cause was some external issues.

Anyways - all network games are stored in "Play with friends" (yes, we have to rename it). Right now all the game are not being presented there because we deactivated server to avoid weird situation and message.

I will be back to you as soon as we will have our server on again.

Best regards,

14. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    #34 Grey Wizard Innovative, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    //edited

Unfortunately we jumped the gun here. It looks like the issues are still there - we are switching off multiplayer again. We will be working to solve this issue non-stop and will be back here as soon as we will find a solution.

15. Grey Wizard Innovative

Jun 26, 2016
    Poznań
    We are not announcing it yet officially, but the new version with the fixed multiplayer is available on appstore.

We are aware of several new minor issues caused by this new version and the fix is already on the way, but the game should be fully functional already, more responsible and nicer to play. And of course Matchmaking should be working now.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience - the whole situation is embarrassing for us. We did test the game and multiplayer especially, we had a extensive beta tests - and yet there are so many issues. We hope players will be able to forgive us.

Of course we cannot be sure that the game will be bugs free now (we are a small, indie team and we cannot compare ourselves with the bigger brands) but we will be trying to fix them as soon as any of those nasty creatures will reach the surface of our knowledge.

Once again thank you guys for your feedback. And thank you to all the people that helped us along the way.

We hope you will enjoy playing it!

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Appears to be currently free, it would be a good time to grab it if you were on the fence.

17. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #37 ZS77, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    "Item is currently being modified. Please try again later."

App Store cock up? Or just update being applied perhaps?

How long will this be on sale please?

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Grab it for free from US store just now.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Still being modified. Check the price drop thread. Dev said they've done it to encourage more in multiplayer.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow...

Alright, I was lucky enough to be able to snag this from the US AppStore before all the price modification errors started, and I am absolutely IN LOVE.

I'm new to the game so it took a couple tries to get through the tutorial stages, but I think I get the game now. There's a surprising about of depth here... and really seems like something I could seriously get into/obsessed with.
    Definitely gonna try and get into some multiplayer matches later today, which is strange, because I'm not really a MP gamer. It never really appeals to me, though there are rare instances... this might turn out to be one of them depending on how my first couple MP games go... =oP
    But even as it is now, I think Galaxy of Trian might just replace Super Phantom Cat on my Top 10 Of 2016 list. =oD