Universal Galaxy of Pen & Paper (by Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Sleev

Sleev New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Will Google Play games integration come to the game (achievements, cloud saving, etc)?

Same for game center?

2. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    For those of you who have beat the game is there any post-game content? I remember Kopp 1 having some awesome optional things, e.g. secret dungeon, bosses, items, etc.

Also, devs, thanks for being so responsive to the bugs and some negative feed back you're getting. I understand constructive criticism and bug-reporting but it would be hard for me to keep my cool with excessive negativity / complaining. Keep up the great work.

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #103 Ghostdog1, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Just finished the game.
    Its really very nice. Had some crashes here and there but it saved allways my progress.
    But after one of these one of my characters was so overpowered (hitting a line with 700 hitpoints on each enemy) and the game was suddenly very easy.
    Beside the overpowered character i think the level system needs reballancing. I manged to finish of the last boss with all chars at level 35, but i doubt this is possible without my overpowered character. I would have to grind a lot to be powerful enough. Except the coffee task i managed all sidequest possible as far as i know.
    And is there somewhere a weapon equip menu hidden? I found none. Buying new weapons means you wont see the stats of it. And you won't know if you allready bought this weapon and posses it. None will be shown. Seems pointless to me. Same with armor.
    But i had a great time with the game.

Spoiler---- At the credits of the game i was unable to play the minigame because the ship couldn't move. I tried everything but only shooting worked. So i skiped it.

4. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    #104 gty, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    We were having some issues with our google/apple plugin for achievements. I believe we will check that out as we fix major things.

For the post-game, nothing new was added. I mean, there are tons of sidequests that can still be made. It's different from "mom" and the dragons' lair because that would shift the objective from the story/adventure to more of a grindy thing like: "I need to get more levels and drop this and that to raise money to defeat him/her". We cut that completely. In KoPP1 we had that in mind because we were constantly asking: "what about the players that finished the game? well... add a really stupid high level boss that is unbeatable so players could try their builds on" and I don't know how early you've played KoPP1 but in the first builds, she was SO OP that no one could kill her, then each patch we started nerfing her some levels. Then people started to kill her and we realized that we made a "new objective" but in the meantime too many people complained they wanted to "finish the game completely" (aka kill very last boss) without grinding, etc etc.

No problem at all! I mean, as long as we are getting constructive criticism and good feedback, I don't mind being with the negative side. I know that the game has its flaws (bugs/performance) but since this is the third "big game" we released (in other words, games that more than 100 people have played lol), I started to understand things around. Obviously, there'll be always those criticism like "garbage piece of shit" but you start to filter those things because that won't really add anything. We try to understand why they would make such a comment about it and we are always very critic with our own work too.

Is that character the Achiever? If it is, it's bonuses are stacking way too much, like much more than it should and it's messing our players' experience.

About the balancing, it's REALLY hard to make a balance progression to everyone in the same time, knowing people can do as many side quests they would like or they can rush the main quest the way they'd like too. One of the ways that we could made the level calculations was exactly like FF:Tactics or Oblivion which the main quest path is calculated through the main characters in those games. But we had terrible experiences with those games and we wanted to test something different. We had tried KoPP1's way which everything has its very own level like areas/monsters/etc (side and main quests) and now we tried placing specific levels on the main quest and let the side quests (mostly optional content) to have more freedom. The two last bosses are, respectively lvl 30 and 33 and I've made calculations (and testing) where players would get into that fight around ~28 which could bring something between hard-tough fight for the last boss. BUT... I couldn't count much on side quests because I know some people would totally skip those. Like I said, kind of hard to do it.

Forgot to tell you about the coffee task (didn't find the right one? I can give you spoilers if you'd like:
    have you visited Earth's shop? there'll be the perfect coffee ;)

Weapon/Armor can be found on cryo chambers at the very moment but I know it is a pain to "check" wether you have it or not. This was suppose to be shown at the character sheet but in a messy discussion of "cut/add that" we messed up badly.

Weapons will add to your default damage (which affects your skills' damage as well). Armors will add to your shield pool. The only way we don't really show the values is that depending on the level you reach the weapon/armor shop, you would be prompted for example: "gives you 3-6 extra damage" but imagine that you did not have money at that time, farmed a bit, raised a level, went back to the shop and... "gives you 5-8 extra damage". The first thing you would think was: "the more I wait, the more it gets better, I'll wait more" but in fact what it happens is: weapon/armor affects directly in your character's damage/armor's formulas (along with level) so that would give a weird feedback for some people and I decided to remove the values from those.

Oh! Btw, the ending credits' mini game was made by one of our artists. He wanted to make a different credit and just made the game, that wasn't really tested, it was a surprise lol

5. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Had my first lockup last night. Was in a Hunt mission for that Crab guy. Fighting 2 Giant Crab minions. I had a character res another character, then do that attack that hits everyone in a row, killing a crab. Then it got stuck, it just sat there. Tried filling out a bug report, but it froze up at that point. Didn't realize this was such an Early Access game. I'll wait for a month I guess, I don't like dealing with bugs.

6. Meanmug

Meanmug Member

Jan 17, 2017
    #106 Meanmug, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Hope my last comment didnt come off like i was trying to trash the game. I think it is overall a better game,its just missing some of the extra things that i loved about kopap.

I would really love to be able to change the colors of my chars skin/hair and male/female.

I think this alone would give me double the choices i have when selecting my party.

In kopap2 this didnt bug me since the classes seemed to fit the stats better,Like the big bulky black guy has 0 body stat but the little female cheerleader has 2 body? I already have the buddy guy as another class so my only choice is to choose the cheerleader as the tank or gimp myself by picking a weaker stat character just because i dont want a female cheeleader tank. (hope this makes sense).

Anyway its a great game that can only get better over time.

7. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Developers can choose to maintain 32-bit support in their existing apps, but in the near future Apple won't be supporting it in XCode (iOS development environment). That may make maintenance too much of a hassle for little return. The problem is that the iPad 4 has a 32-bit chip so its days are numbered regardless.

8. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    So there's a guy out here in pectoralis major, he has a table and games and you choose if you want to play. Well, whatever option I choose (except the one not to play I haven't chosen that one yet) the game just goes dark and never comes back. Is that supposed to happen? Like a "ha ha, you finished the game with him so your games over" kind of thing? Just can't tell since it does happen with the 2 middle options the competitive option gave credits and like I said I never chose not to play.

9. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    I realized the coffee quest can't be finished. I've fixed it as well for the next update.

I've seen that and fixed myself. On next patch it should be looking good.

10. Gdi

Gdi Active Member

Apr 16, 2016
    It seems that somewhere near the beginning of ep2, I've lost all my reputation - it disappeared when doing negotiator character quest on that cloudy planet. I don't remember exactly, but looks like I've lost it after the pirate captain defeated me. Do failed battles reduce reputation or is it a bug?

11. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Hmmm, losing all reputation is kind of weird. This is actually pretty new to me and I'll be checking it.

Losing battles/teammates (decease in battle for example) decreases your reputation, yes.

12. Gdi

Gdi Active Member

Apr 16, 2016
    I had around 220 rep and lost to him 3-6 times, everytime either one of my characters or the negotiator died first.

13. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    did you see the reputation going down or it was all in a sudden empty?

14. qiangc12b

qiangc12b Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Any tip about good team combo

15. Gdi

Gdi Active Member

Apr 16, 2016
    I didnt't notice actually - I wasn't watching it all the time.
    Also, does dealing with the green dude who buys stones somehow affect it?
    It seems that he's got a bug too, anyway.
    I've met him on that cloudy plamet, chose the right answer option (I guess it was "no") and bam I've got 90 stormite.

16. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    The mineral maniac? Ouch. Gonna take a look at it. And no, that should not affect other things around.

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    #117 dbagga84, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Too lazy to go back and read through the forum. So I finished the coffee side quest and I got the metashop coffee item except when I left the area where the coffee mission is the game glitches and that big winged snake guy just stayed on screen, followed me all the way back up to the spaceships main deck and I checked the meta shop, no coffee but the earth coffee I used to finish the mission is gone. I can update later when I try the mission again to see if it lets me get it a second time since the game messed up the first time. As of now I haven't tried it a second time, I have however, bought a second cup of coffee I just need to go back :p

I went back and did it again to no avail. It says I get the coffee to check the meta shop and the guy goes away but the winged snake does not, and he follows me everywhere I go even in to battles and there's no coffee in my meta shop. How unfortunate this mission is broken you wait sooo long to finish it lol.

18. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I really want this but will it run decent on the ipad 2 ? the others do.

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Dunno, iPhone 6 Plus it's playable, game randomly shuts off maybe every 30 minutes or so. Which doesn't sound bad but it's actually quite annoying . I beat the last boss and during load it shut off and the save took me back like 20 minutes of game time. There's plenty of little bugs and things, but again it is playable and really good and this is on a iPhone 6 Plus.

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Can someone please explain threat level?