Universal Galaxy of Pen & Paper (by Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 27, 2017.

1. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm playing on iphone6 Plus. Most recent update. I have noticed the game crashes more when I'm using my wireless Airpods... could that have anything to do with it? How do I access my output_log.txt?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Can you buy consumables somewhere or no?

3. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Man this game is great, having a blast and the quality love that went into it is palpable

4. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    I thought you were on Android, don't worry about finding the log files. If you can somehow send a bug report (by clicking the bug icon) include the text on the description: "crashing / touch arcade" so I can filter it and check it later on please.

You definitely can! Have you find the shops yet? They are within the cities and usually stations too. Note: not all planets have cities.

5. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    A lot of bugs ruining the experience, random freezes in the middle of the battle and i can't even send bug report because it freezes too, like todd howard uses to say: it just works

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Man is it me or is this game so awesome?

7. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Is the game sort of "kiddy", or would this scratch a more "hardcore" RPG itch? Or maybe it's both

8. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've tried sending a bug report, it just freezes when I click send. Have you got it yet? I've tried twice now.

9. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    It's both just like you said, it's a stylish approach to RPG, being fun and a little difficult at the same time, it's worth it and if you like it you should check Knights of Pen and Paper, try the first one and ignore the second

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok. Thanks. Stylized is more what I meant. Appreciate it.

11. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Bought this because you all raved about it so much. :p

12. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I too was hoping for screen rotation, not so much in the 'portrait mode' sense but rather flipping the landscape orientation to the other side. Could that be done? (I'm playing on iPhone)

13. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    My colleagues are gathering the reports and placing on Jira. We are setting up everything to fix them all as quick as possible. There are more people with your issue but if your issue can't be sent by bug report we are probably going to check over the cloud crash logs.

Screen rotation will be on the next patch, that is not a problem at all! The only issue is portrait mode because of the reasons I've already explained (sorry, don't want to get repetitive here but if you do have any doubts/questions you may freely ask).

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey gty, are you the same devs of Chroma Squad?
    i love that game, really good and funny retro masterpiece, i'm still enjoying it!

i'm loving GoPP too, you've done a lot of great work on this, and put also a lot of 16bit retro love... wonderful game!

btw, i'm on 6S 10.3.2 and still haven't any crash fortunately, but have some issues with text, they're too small in some cases, almost unreadable (Chroma Squad has the same problem), can you change that?

15. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    We are indeed! Same from kopp1 and same from chroma squad! <3 thank you a lot!

Does the text difficult to read you mean the tooltips or other texts around? One of our artists is working in a solution for tooltips. I can't really say when it'll be available since there's some urgent things to be done (like many bugs and software optimizations - which includes the tooltip somehow, but we see that as an improvement). The next patches will bring more of those and we will soon focusing on different things (tooltips for example).

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #76 Gwarmaxx, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017

yeah, mostly tooltips, speaks and other ones are good.
    KoPP 1 was my GOTY those days, another masterpiece!

oh, and i don't know why but GoPP reminds me the old days of Roger Wilco adventures... that's why i call my ship Pestulonia #

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    haha i feel you on this. i have to have the home button to right side when in landscape for some reason

18. ErikSPdx

ErikSPdx Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 21, 2011
    Any possibility of an option to increase font size? Maybe I'm showing my age... but even on my Plus-size iPhone, I need my reading glasses to discern the text. Kind of inconvenient in a mobile game... loving the game otherwise though!

19. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I had no idea! Now I need to go get Chroma Squad right away!

20. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm having a problem where no attacks are being made against the shield. It's like it doesn't exist. I'm not talking about poison and stuff. I'm taking about hitting regularly. Anyone else having this issue? It used to work fine but once I unlocked "further" travel to other places it stopped. I'm on latest iOS iPhone 7