Universal Galaxy of Pen & Paper (by Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 27, 2017.

1. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    By "Screen Rotation" do you mean Portrait mode? If it is portrait mode indeed than I must say that this is the kind of thing that won't happen so soon (if it does ever happen). The game was designed since beginning as Landscape mode so I believe this feature is kind of far from the status where we are right now.

Podcasts/music/iCloud, ok, I'll bring the feedback in.

Sex? Hmmm. I can even think on how powerful hybrid passive skills Humans x Greens x Simians would bring to the Galaxy. :cool:

Moving characters? Front row provides you +%dmg bonus while back row provides you -%threat bonus (allies only for obvious purposes). That's why some minions would move themselves to the front row, to deal more damage. It also may protect your character from common attacks and certain skills from enemies (although there's a slight chance they would target the covered character anyway, which turns out to be a known bug).

Timing things probably performance issues and I would say: I'm sorry for that. We are running to try to optimize and fix things around.

Sorry for the spoilers, I hope you don't mind: 4 unlockable classes.

There's a patch fix already, did you update it? I believe you won't need to start a new game because of it.

Can you describe what was happening when crashing? Having a hard time finding out actually.

2. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Okay. I admit that my worries were totally unwarranted. This game is a masterpiece.

3. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Seconding the ability to listen to podcasts/audiobooks request

4. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Wow this is an amazing game. If you liked the first one it's all here plus tons of depth and more to do. This thing is one you will not put down until it's done. The music is so good I can't believe ppl don't want to listen to it. Seriously this music is some of the best I've heard ingame. Alright got to go get back in it.

Edit: forgot to mention the UI is ridiculously good. With so much depth in options and things to do you need a good UI and they did not disappoint.

5. Goldanc

Goldanc Member

Mar 24, 2014

And they patched all the bugs I encountered today! Good work!

6. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I saw another post earlier that I don't think was answered -- any plans for iCloud support it comparable to sync between devices?

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    So, anyone can confirm if the game support Spanish language? :(:confused:

8. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    #48 Kainamor, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    It appears to have Spanish. When I clicked on the flag for the other lanuage(I don't recognize the flag) it said Idioma and Configuracoes. I believe that is Spanish. Some other word to help you figure it. Leosays sessao pausada, voltar ao jogo, voltar ao menu.
    Hope that helps :)

Edit: if dev is here I may have found a bug. So when I get new skill points it will tell me I have upgraded and have say 3 new skill points. Well if I had 2 before that unused they are not adding to the 3 it says I got from up grade.

Edit:edit: I'm sorry, no bug here! It's always telling you your new total. It's not adding that much each time. Great game. Truly amazing !!

9. Player789

Player789 Member
    Patreon Silver

May 9, 2012
    Why remove potrait mode? It helped the game stand out. Please add it back in as an option.

10. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    This language is brazilian portuguese. The beholder studio is from Brazil (like that flag too)

And please, can someone confirm if the characters don't earn exp after each ship battle.

Thanks!

11. PenIsMightier

PenIsMightier New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Been playing quite a bit and my party is now around level 17. Enjoying it so far and the bugs are less frequent now since the initial patch although it still crashes randomly at times, especially when traveling through gates/areas.

My main concern is the change in the skill system where you previously could improve your skills with every new skill point. At the point where I am at my characters have basically bought all the skills they need/can use and are sitting at 5-10 unused skill points - making the whole system obsolete after a certain point in the game. Maybe I will get to use them further on into the game, otherwise it seems like an design error to me...

With that said, I am enjoying the game.:)

12. Goldanc

Goldanc Member

Mar 24, 2014
    So all the bugs I encountered were fixed with the patch! Thanks peeps!

13. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    I did not confirm iCloud, was just grabbing the suggestion and will forward to discussion internally. We have some things that need to be fixed asap like a few bugs and performance issues before anything else.

It does not, for the moment only english and portuguese (pt-br) are in the game. We have plans to add a few more but it's been kind of hard because we're talking about a ~90k words game here! (yes, around 90k words, confirmed and counted)

We never really "removed", the game was made for pc and in the meantime we thought: "geez, this would be great to play on mobile as well", but since it was designed to be landscape we couldn't really change that. There are tons and tons of UI to change and adapt to be played in portrait mode so I believe this won't be an available option for some time.

Knights of Pen and Paper was designed since day1 to be played in portrait mode. There are differences in that, so we didn't really "removed", it was just designed that way.

They earn xp after each space battle though the xp isn't much.

This is a mix of things actually, since there's cryo to wipe all your points and remake your character the points get less usefull at certain points. There's something in the game that would provide you certain curiosity to unlock more skills but maybe it's kind of too hidden and people didn't find out yet. I myself thought abou putting level requirement on skills but I don't think that would be a good idea then yesterday we were talking and realize that upgrading skills with extra skill points would be the best solution around, it would require the player a certain depth decision "should I buy a new one or should I upgrade this one?" and etc. This is more likely to happen but I can't guarantee it would be in the game (though I really love the feature). But anyway, we will improve the game in the next patches!

14. Ggrab

Ggrab Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Does it work in offline mode?

I live in NYC so my commute to work are offline (underground subway) offline support is a must for me before I buy

Can anyone confirm please

15. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Yes it does.

16. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    Can someone explain why portrait mode is so desired? IMO I can't imagine how it matters?

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    @ GTY

Thanks for coming here and answering all of our questions and concerns! I am enjoying this a lot so far!

18. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    R.E Crashes. I have encountered two main types. The most common is when the game needs to load. So when I travel to a planet and it loads the ship in orbit animation. Or when I travel to a planet but there is a hostile ship orbiting, again it needs to load so it crashes. Sometimes when I travel down to a planet in the atv it crashes. Basically any time the dice loading logo appears. The second crashe type is upon finishing a battle. Both ship battles and regular battles.

19. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Portrait mode lets you play the game with one hand while holding the device more consistantly or even play with the own hand you're holding it. Makes it easier to play on situations like standing on a train/bus or very specific situations like having a deep conversation about politics using your left hand to argue while playing with the right hand... haha joking.

No problem! I actually really enjoy being around and listening to the community. That's something really good that lets the player do the talking while we hear the ideas and feedback and then implement things based on what players really want <3

20. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Hm... Can you tell me which device you`re running the game? Also, can you have access to your output_log.txt file? It contains informations about the crashes that I would like to take a look at if possible.