Universal Galaxy of Pen & Paper (by Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Did you mean "posterity"? Either way, I wish this return to premium will bring both prosperity for the developers, and that this quote remains true for posterity ;)

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes I have also just had this happen.....game just froze on a black screen.
    Reloaded and progress saved so not a huge problem.
    Enjoying the story thus far

3. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Sadly no iCloud. I just ask me why? These days its something that is essential. Especially when you release the App for iPad and iPhone. Add iCloud pls.

4. ogunther

ogunther Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2009
    Just FYI but (if I'm remembering correctly) a totally different Dev did the second one which is, at least partially, why it wasn't as good as the original.

5. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i'm dying to pull the trigger on this. Can someone please post some impression. Thanks

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah I think your right about that.... I've already cracked and bought it though! I'm week willed and feeble.

7. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    Hey everyone, like I did when Knights of Pen and Paper came out, I'll stick an eye on this thread. If there's anything you need to know or want to know about the game, please say so. :)

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    we need screen rotation and ability to listen podcasts/music, also iCloud support and some sex.

9. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #29 dukat111, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Picked it up.
    Dialogue is good, interface nice although I have to frequently reposition my finger to read tool tips.

I spent a while building my characters but still undecided on what class/bonus I want, may restart.

What's the point of moving a character from the back to front row? I understand moving to the back row reduces threat but assume there must be other effects.

There's a fairly long delay between each AI character doing their action, can the delay be reduced via a future setting?

Then I go into settings during a battle it won't go back to the game requiring process to be killed.

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Ranged attacks from back?

11. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Immediate purchase and play as with the last 2 games - excellent series. I do miss portrait mode I must admit, makes it harder to play on the go in landscape - a minor niggle I know.

12. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Really liking it after about 45 mins of play time (not much, I know). But I really wish there was auto screen orientation switch. It's quite uncomfortable to play on a phone with headphones plugged in.

13. Goldanc

Goldanc Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Hello everyone, I was excited to try out the game and will post impressions.

So far the look and feel is spot on.
    Very customizable character skills and looks
    Dialogue is great and lots of options.
    Death losing a little xp and a little coin not determental.

It is character side facing, not from behind
    Breaks up land battles with space battles!

Some cons.

Tool tips are generally under your finger when you press and hold
    I have had a space battle where I had 150hp and the other ship had over 400 near beginning.
    It can be difficult; I feel you will have to grind a few make your own battles from some boss events; if you choose to attack option while in your atv without a quest you do not receive coins.

Lastly will be interesting to see what the meta is in the game. So far I do not know! And also not along far enough to unlock any other classes yet (if there are any)

So far enjoying the game 8/10

14. Naalsi

Naalsi Member

Jul 17, 2017
    I loved the first game, the second was pretty meh, but I bought this one instantly.

Played a little bit through the opener and I'm really enjoying it!

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone know what's the graphics used.. I am.seeing many games using this.. And I love it.. Bitcity is one of them and many more it looks crisp

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #36 aconfusedkender, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Has anyone gotten a 3rd or 4th person yet? Wondering if I'm missing something. I've just gotten the scanner if that helps

Edit:
    Never mind. I found it out. Won't ruin it for everyone else.

17. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I just read on RPS that Knights 2 was made by a different studio than those that made the original. This new one is self-published by those that made the original Knights. This info may alleviate some concerns about Knights 2's repetition.

18. Mourdrin

Mourdrin New Member

Jul 8, 2017
    I got an NPC savage from a game supplement and when it gets his turn to attack he doesn't do anything but stand there. Looks like I have to start over.

19. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Crashes. All the time. iPhone 6 Plus. Fully updated.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I played until I defeated ginormous or some shit..
    I feel the game is lacking something.. I dunno what.. It doesn't make me feel like continuing unlike the first game.
    Anyone else feeling the same?