Universal Galaxy Dwellers (by ECC GAMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dorota ECC GAMES, May 18, 2016.

1. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is a ton of fun. Easily 4 & 1/2 stars for me. Love that it's premium. Very rare for such a nicely made Tower Defense game. It deserves more attention in my opinion.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Wierd - it's just stopped working completely for me. On the air 2 iOS 9.2.1.

Been fine since I bought it, played it earlier today with no issues and now I launch it, I get the ECC game screen then it just goes to a black screen and hangs.

Given a full restart and still getting the same problem

3. Dorota ECC GAMES

Dorota ECC GAMES Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Junior Producer in ECC GAMES
    #23 Dorota ECC GAMES, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Thank you for the information. We're sorry you're having such an issue, we'll try to help resolving it. I'll contact you today via the private message. Also please don't hesitate to use this e-mail address - [email protected].

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brilliant thank you very much.

I've just remembered the one change I did make in the game before it stopped working was I turned off the iCloud sync - not sure if or how it caused it but that's the only change I made....

5. Dorota ECC GAMES

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi all,The update is already available in the App Store, it fixes the iCloud issue :)

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Played this game now up to the robot race. I liked it so far very much. But then the difficulty went up so fast i got frustrated. It truely misses an easy option. I like this kind of games a lot. But starting on robot race with no hero and 100 gold is somehow not possible to do. Is grinding older levels needed to get higher upgrades to master this levels?
    Its a nice concept but for mobile on the go i need something less stressful.

7. Dorota ECC GAMES

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi Ghostdog1! First of all, thank you for your feedback. In fact, mastering the previous levels would help. Collecting starts will let you buy more upgrades, so it will be easier to beat next levels. However, it's not necessary and it is possible to complete the levels without them, but I understand it's pretty hard. If you'd like me to provide you some hints about specific level, please let me know.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Perhaps it's a symptom of the decline of the genre, but I'm just a bit surprised Galaxy Dwellers is not getting more attention, both thread-wise and review-wise. I haven't found the time to dig deep into it, but it is already considerably more involved and intricate than most competitors (not to mention polished), which is exactly what I need to keep interest in a tower defense title.

9. Dorota ECC GAMES

Apr 1, 2015
    Thanks Ayjona! It would be great to get more attention, however, we appreciate all who have already got intrested in this title :)

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Got some iTunes monies for Fathers Day so I'm finally gonna give this a go! I've had it in my watch list for a long time and have been lacking my TD fix since I demolished all the KR games. About to dive in!
    Happy Fathers Day to all out there!
    Tasslehoff

11. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    On sale for a buck, and well worth it from what I've played so far.

12. Dorota ECC GAMES

Apr 1, 2015
    Yes, I gladly confirm that Galaxy Dwellers and our other paid titles are on sale and available for only 0.99$!

13. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Is there a campaign or story mode or is it strictly objective based matches/gameplay? Thanks

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #34 Ayjona, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    I don't think there is much better tower defense value for the money.

Three campaigns, one for each race. But there is no overarching story other than what can be inferred from a very short and humorous intro video. So campaigns consists of tower defense maps with diffent layouts. I - contender for biggest narration nerd of TA and a rabid advocate of narrative asserting influence over mechanics in ways likely both unrealistic and game-breaking - don't actually miss the narrative context here.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey dev! Any chance you could change the text under the icon so it fits? Like GDwellers or Galaxy or GD? I think it just bothers me aesthetically that I see apps with truncated names that no one can read anyways.

Right now it shows "GalaxyDwe..." And it definitely doesn't look very nice imo.

16. Dorota ECC GAMES

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi L.Lawliet! Thanks for the feedback, we'll try to fix this in the next update.

17. grindingearz

grindingearz New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Removed from Appstore?

Guys, I'm a big fan of your games. Was just abuot to purchase Galaxy Dwellers.
    Was it taken off the appstore just a couple days ago?
    I remember seeing it just last week

18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Was just going to buy this. It looks really good. What happened? It's been removed from the store

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    ...and from purchased history.

20. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    That sux. Sorry to hear that