Universal Galaxoid - A retro space shooter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ismyhc, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Coolness. I got a note 3, would be cool to put in moga joystick support if possible.

2. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

3. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Hey sorry for the late reply, been busy with family etc etc...

Actually I do have some plans. Nothing in stone, but I've started building my Ludum Dare submission into a multiplayer pc/ouya game. Its probably going to start out as local multiplayer on OUYA, but id really like to expand to online multiplayer. Think tower fall, but as divers underwater ;)

Heres some links for any interested in what Im doing.

ludum dare submission.
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-28/?action=preview&uid=20550

Follow me for most updates
    @ismyhc

Galaxoid website
    http://galaxoidgame.com

Main site
    http://retroplaystudio.com

Ill also be updating Galaxoid with bug fixes and hopefully some new features as well.

Thanks for your interest!

4. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

New Updates and Features coming soon!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted post an update. Ive been working on Galaxoid lately and have made a lot of improvements! I've added a lot of really cool visual effects and other things that make the game play so much better. I've also added Score Multipliers! There are a few other really cool updates that you'll just have to wait and see :)

Im very excited about these updates and I really think its going move Galaxoid further away from the monotonous grind.

Im going to create some new game play footage that shows off the updates so stay tuned!

Remember to follow me @ismyhc for more updates.

5. Alright! Look forward to the update! It would be great to see the additions!

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    One of my favourite games of 2013, it's so pretty! :D

7. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  8. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I have this on my itouch so I just decided to download it on my mini ipad. The game did download but it's icon is nowhere on my ipad screen and when I press the " Open" button for the app in iTunes the game doesn't launch! What's wrong?

9. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Hmm.. Not sure! Ive never had or heard of that issue.

Try this:

Go to: Settings->General->Usage

If they app is installed you should see Galaxoid listed here. Maybe try deleting the app from this menu, shutdown and restart your iPad and try re-downloading and installing.

This sounds more like something wonky going on with your iPad.

Let me know how that goes!

-Thanks

10. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #131 Capricornman, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Thanks for the advice. So I went to usage and looked at all my apps and Galaxoid was there. Strangely though there was no title for the game. Every other app had its appropriate name except this game. So I deleted it from my device, went to the App Store and redownloaded the game and unfortunately the same issue. No icon on any of my screen pages nor when I click " OPEN" it will not launch from the App Store. This is the only app I have that has behaved this way.
    By the way when I delete it from the list of my apps in usage the app is called "(null)"

11. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Thats really odd.. Whats the exact iOS version you are on? 7.0.?

Also, I assume it works fine on your iPod?

Also, did you shutdown your iPad before you tried reinstalling?

I have an iPad 4 with iOS 7.0.4. I just deleted Galaxoid and installed from the App Store with no issues.

I wish there was a better way for me to determine whats going on. I honestly don't think that its just the game since Ive just downloaded and installed from the Appstore as you have been trying to do.

I wouldn't expect you to factory restore you iPad for my silly space shooter, but Id be willing to bet that would clear it up.

I apologize for the issues you are having and I wish I knew a better way to help!

12. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes I'm running 7.0.4 on my ipad mini 2
    As a test I just redownloaded two games from my purchased apps library, Flappy Bird and Zombie Volcano and both apps launch fine when I click open.
    I will try Galaxoid again and see if it works.....

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Good news ismyhc! I located Galaxoid in my Purchased Apps library in iTunes and downloaded it from the cloud. I pressed "OPEN" and the game launched :)
    There's the app icon on my screen now! For some strange reason when I opened the App Store and simply searched Galaxoid and proceeded to download from the cloud some odd anomaly occurred?
    Any ways thanks for your help, now I can play your wonderful game
    Thanks and cheers

14. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Oh good! Not sure what was going on before. I hope it is only an anomaly…

Keep your eyes peeled for an update fairly soon!

Thanks!

15. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Excellent thanks :)

16. Strange problem that you had capricornman, wonder why it was only for this game. Glad you got it worked out though.

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks Connector
    Yea it's was strange. First I clicked the link to the game from this thread which actually opened the app in iTunes rather than the App Store. That was a " null" download. I deleted it from my apps list in usage in settings. I reopened the App Store and searched Galaxoid and downloaded it. That didn't work either. I deleted it again. Finally I opened the App Store on my ipad again and went to my "Purchased" apps list. I located Galaxoid and downloaded it......it finally worked
    Very strange indeed:)

18. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. Sorry for such a long time without an update. I should be able to push out the latest updates to Galaxoid next week. I actually got a little side tracked trying to finish up and release my latest game. Pixel Crash!

Go check it out if you have a chance. Its not a game like Galaxoid, but you may get a kick out of it? Eitherway, its free.

Pixel Crash (Universal)

Ive also started work on a new shmup based around Galaxoid. This one will steer away from the Galaxian/Space Invaders type a bit and venture closer to something like Ikaruga but with retro graphics so stay tuned! :)

19. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Just purchased a used Moga Mfi controller.

Apple Mfi support coming in the next update everyone! :)

Stay tuned!