Universal Galaxoid - A retro space shooter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ismyhc, Oct 1, 2013.

1. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

New version almost ready!

Hey everyone, just a quick update. Ive almost finished up the the features I decided to add into the next version update.

1. Game Center Achievements - Done!
    2. Pause - Done!
    3. Movement sensitivity - Done!
    4. iCade/Gametel Support - Almost done, Just need to add support to the menu screens!

Im still working on adding in some new enemy movement types at the moment. Not sure if that will make it in the this update.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Top man. Look forward to all of these.

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I wonder how many people still try those codes from the OP... lol :D

DBC

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Are you going to add auto-fire? I find the game unplayable without it

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I hope its just an option and not always turned on. On the icade its great whacking the fire button over and over and i find the same in the game itself. Just reminds me of a proper old skool arcade game (As the game is trying to do) so autofire on always would be a bit weird.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    A big part of the scoring system is built around accuracy, so for those that care about that want to compete, auto-fire is a no no. I suppose it couldn't hurt to have it as an option for those that want it, if it were easy to implement.

The update sounds good, thanks for letting us know. :)

7. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

I havent decided yet, but I don't think so. While I do appreciate your opinion and feedback, I personally believe that this game isn't really meant for auto-fire. Tapping and tapping away at the fire button is just part of this type of game.

Maybe there should be a poll about this, but everyone I've talked to actually appreciates the firing mechanism as it is.

Once again, thanks for the feedback and I will keep it in mind.

8. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Options are a nice way to make everyone happy. I don't necessarily want auto-fire, I just don't want to tap for every shot. I want to be able to hold down the button to continuously shoot and then have it stop shooting when I stop pressing. Make sense?

9. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Yeap, I completely understand what you are looking for and if I were to add the feature it would most definitely be optional. I just don't know if there is enough demand for this feature in this type of game.

Ill keep it it mind!

Thanks,
    Jacob

10. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Thank you for the consideration. I'm really surprised that others don't want this as an option as well.

I'm a sucker for retro type games but can't think of any that are manual fire only. Maybe I'll try it on my icade before uninstalling and moving on.

11. Alright, icade support! And thanks for the pause and movement sensitivity!

12. I'd love to see something like galaga added to the game where ships could be taken then the monsters shot and the ship used as drones.

Or drones, with more difficulty settings.

13. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. Ive got a couple of things in the works to spice things up a bit although they wont make this current update, but will in the future.

Ill keep everyone posted for sure ;)

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Please consider audio options! Thanks.

15. Hey, thanks for listening to us in here, and look forward to trying the icade support. Hopefully you can add apple joystick support too in the future.

16. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Do you mean just the ability to turn the music on or off?

I do my best!

As for the apple joystick, could you send me a link to what you are talking about exactly? Its not something Ill do at the moment, but maybe at some point. Really the biggest problem with supporting these accessories is having to purchase all of them! ;)

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yes, thanks!

18. Apple joystick is not out yet. Probably will be shown at the ipad reveal on 10/22

19. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Galaxoid version 1.1 submitted!

Galaxoid version 1.1 submitted!

Heres whats included:

1. Game Center Achievements
    2. Options menu on Title Screen
    3. iCade/Gametel support (Enabled through new Options menu)
    4. Movement sensitivity options (Available on new Options menu)
    5. Music on/off option (Available on new Options menu)
    6. Pause button (I put this in, but since Im still a bit weary of a pause button in this type of game, be ready for some enemies to break out on resume ;) )
    7. A few other minor bug fixes, etc.

Ill keep everyone posted when its available. Probably early next week unless Apples approval process speeds up!

Thanks for your feedback guys!

20. Icade and pause, alright! I will try it on icade and let you know how it is, thanks for putting it in!