Universal Galaga Wars (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 24, 2016.

1. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Devs why no iCloud support. Wish I could play my game on my other iOS device. Jeeeez

2. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Congrats AKD! I'm at a measly 32,169 points but I've been having way too much fun just grinding on this game, it's so enjoyable just blasting aliens that I haven't bothered much with the warp crystals, I think I have over 300 in stock #

I've fully upgraded my coin magnet and firerate on the first ship, both very effective powerups. Time to warp into infinity and beyond!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The game just got a Christmas update. There's a Santas sleigh fighter you can purchase and you get some gold to start upgrading it. I purchased it. It's actually a cool ship. Also all of the enemies are wearing Santa hats hahahahaha!

I love it. Also the fighter has a coin magnet so it's very useful.

Billy

4. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Slight problem with the upgrade: the ad button (which gives you a second ship after your first is destroyed) does not work much of the time! I'm also wondering if those of us who have purchased the Santa ship will get to hang onto it once the Christmas promotion expires ...

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is very good.

Graphics are really, really good much better than other bullet hell games...

I suggest everyone to try it

4 stars by now

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's been a while since I've posted about this game. I went and purchased the new PAC-MAN ship with the new visual additions as well as the new enemies and the power ups. I REALLY like it! They really done a good job with this game. I know it's a bit pricey but as a PAC-MAN and Galaga nut so I had to do it. I love shooting the ghosts with pellets and the power ups are fantastic! It was worth the money to me.

Now you CAN get ships for free now but it's going to take a bunch of time invested to do it. They added a new currency that you can obtain once per level, per day. Once you have enough you can unlock each ship for free. Obviously the push is to get you to watch ads to continue or to warp to sectors to obtain the new currency.

I hope they keep updating because so far I've purchased every ship and then played to fully upgrade them. I don't buy coins.

Billy

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Be carefull

This game is on the french appstore, I really like this game.
    But there is a down side with Namco Bandai: they use to remove their titles from the appstore on a regular basis.
    I remember (and will never forget) Namco Arcade: The games proposed in Namco Arcade were free to play once a day and it was possible to buy them via IAP. unfortunately they removed the game from the appstore and it was impossible to restore your precious purchases.
    Since this day, I never bought or download games with IAPs.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    There's a new update and it totally kicks ass!!!

They've added a new fighter and the artwork is absolutely beautiful. I purchased it. It's worth it to me.

With this update all previous fighters can now be bought with the purple tokens. So for those of you who didn't buy them you can put play time in and get all of the fighters for free. I have over 500 purple crystals since I purchased every fighter so it is doable to get the purple tokens.

You now get an extra life for every fighter you own. After you die you can spend 100 coins and you get one of your fighters you own to continue with.

There is now relative touch controls!! Woo hoo!!! They finally added this.

It's a great update!!

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    They implemented ICloud saves!!!!!!!!!!

No more lost progress if you have to change devices.

Yeee haaa!!!

I love this game!!!

Billy

10. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    It is an excellent game, and cloud saves are welcome indeed!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh and no more watching videos to continue. I just continued 7 times in one game without watching a single opt in ad. You get the free continue for each fighter you have.

Billy

12. felineSynthesis

Feb 19, 2019
    Student
    Italy
    Bringing this up because I've only just recently discovered the mobile version of this game and I'm really getting into it.
    I'm just curious as to whether there have been any significant changes since it first came out (?)

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    They updated it pretty well for like the first year, mostly with adding new playable ships and new enemies and stuff. But it's been over a year since the last update and there's still a "Coming Soon" spot for a new ship that I don't know if they'll ever get around to adding or not.

felineSynthesis likes this.
  14. mj2017

mj2017 New Member

Sep 9, 2017
    This is just the same as Galaga Revenge.

15. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I think devs left this game. It was repetitive anyway.