Universal Galaga Wars (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That's weird, I'm playing just fine in airplane mode as I type this. It might need an initial internet connection the first time you play or something, but it definitely doesn't need a persistent connection to play normally.

2. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    Ok rebooted my phone and it was still doing it. Oddly enough my upgrades were going instantly and somehow I was playing as other ships last night.

But now everything has fixed and I can get iap. Also I think I've only seen 1 static ad on this.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow

That must have been nice having the upgrades be instant. I'm on the last upgrades on Galaga and they are 5 hour waits as well as they cost 2000 coins each.

But then next up is the Galaxian ship!!

I broke over 100,000 score last night and unlocked warp 8.

I cannot stop playing!

Billy

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    So I've been playing the heck out of this since launch. I bought the original stater pack. Then eventually all the ships one by one. I've been powering up a couple select ships since then. I open today and all progress and power up progress is gone. My purchases restored. I've closed the game waited and checked back. Still the same. All my achievements still exist. Logging into Facebook is doesn't change anything. #

5. rtificial

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    Yea it was weird. I'd close the app out and it'd instantly give me a message saying my upgrade is ready. It kinda sucks you can only do one upgrade at a time.

I think I'm on warp 4 but I've not played much or got serious. Now that it's working somewhat proper I'll start upgrading and see how far I can go.

6. rtificial

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    The space dandy galaga had the same problem. It reset me like 2-3 times.

7. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Can play OFFLINE?

Many thanks for the explanation, Boardumb; I will download the game now. :)

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I HATED that Space Dandy Galaga game. It shouldn't have even been called a Galaga game. I spent money on it and it didn't reset me 2 or 3 times. It just all of a sudden started resetting me everytime I played. As soon as I would close the game out everything would reset. They never fixed it even though everyone was complaining. I think they just didn't make enough money from it because it was a terrible idea anyways.

I hope it doesn't happen in this one. I actually like this one. I haven't seen anything like that so far. I do not get why they didn't add cloud support through Facebook since they have fb integration.

Billy

9. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    What is it with Namco games and saving data properly? Didn't the original Pac Man Championship Edition for iPhone end up having that problem after a couple iOS updates?

10. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    It's an alright game I guess. Still, Phoenix 2 and bullet hell Monday are more enjoyable (in my opinion)

Btw i'm the 69th comment. Come on.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#71 Anotherkellydown, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Fully-Upgraded Galaga Fighter

Just wanted to brag about my fully-upgraded Galaga Fighter Ship & rub it in with a screenshot. Made it to Stage 11 last night. My newest high score is 346,941. What's everyone's high score?

Attached Files:

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap!

That's freaken awesome!!!!

What ship will you work on next? I can't believe you made it to warp 11. Warp 10 plasters me the second I spawn lol

Billy

13. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    7,616 - So yeah, I'm in like #752,659 on the leaderboards, sweet!

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    My high is 20,005 and I'm very proud of it. :)

15. Anotherkellydown

#75 Anotherkellydown, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Thanks man! I only got there that one time; the enemy shots get really fast and there are more of them. I'm still using the Galaga Fighter Ship and using the cash to upgrade the other three ships between runs. They're about half way upgraded. I noticed that when you "save your buddy" (when that Dumbo-looking insect carries a friendly ship across the screen) you don't always get the same ship as your double. And if you destroy your main ship, you'll continue your run as the new (different class) ship. Just thought hat was interesting.

:D You'll get better and better scores the further you get. And as you get further, you can unlock the last stage you got to and start from there (you probably already know all this..). You can get like 10,000 points just for clearing one line of aliens. It's crazy how fast your score adds up in those later stages. Upgrades help too, obviously. =)

That's the spirit! :p

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What I love is if you are going for coins you use Galaga but I was plying and offensively I really like the Starblade fighter.

Billy

17. Anotherkellydown

New High Score

Broke one million this morning with the Galaga Fighter. Stage 11 seems to never end!

Attached Files:

18. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Why is it we can't have like 1or 2 extra ships in case we die like the original.

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap!!

That's just awesome!!!!! I'm not even close!!

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the most awesome bug happening. I've been upgrading the Starblade fighter after finishing Galaga.

One of its power ups is ghost mode where it turns translucent and invulnerable for a time and then when it ends it causes a big explosion. I've been upgrading and it's almost fully upgraded.

Well what's happening is once I get the power up the effect doesn't end until the end of the level and I start warping to the next. So I stay invulnerable during the stage and even get other power ups lol

Billy