Universal Galaga Wars (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 24, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Usually I always say a game needs relative control but in this one instance they did a great job. The fighter always stays ahead of the fighter and it's not sluggish whatsoever. In later levels the enemy is so fast you really need a tight control scheme. I'll add this to my list of requests I'm sending to Bandai.

Im getting really close to finishing upgrading Galaga. I've been playing non stop since yesterday lol

Billy

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I played a few rounds and got to level 5 or so. I didn't like the progression/grind model and even worse - didn't care for the shooting. There are better SHUMPS out there on iOS.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I guess that's the beauty of this whole iOS gaming thing. I absolutely love the game. Totally agree on the grindiness, but I enjoy the core gameplay so much that it doesn't even seem bad to me.

I've unlocked all the ships but am focusing on upgrading the Galaga. Half way there by the looks. Also, it would be nice if the 3rd person sections between stages lasted longer and perhaps even had obstacles to avoid/shoot. High score is 50k+. Not sure how some of you on my friends list got such crazy scores! You do get a higher score when you start from the higher levels. Also working on unlocking the seventh stage. I love this!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Is anyone else having crashing issues? I've tried hard resetting, deleting and reinstalling, ect... No clue what's up. I'm on a 6S/9.3.5

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    This is EXACTLY how I feel! I'm doing the same exact thing. Concentrating on Galaga. I'm a bit further in upgrading than you are.

I absolutely love the gameplay. It really nails down the original games feel. It was absolutely worth the $6!

Billy

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Still getting 'cannot establish server connection' and cannot even play this. Maybe it's for the best, considering the complaints I've been hearing about. So at least for now, I'm deleting this.

7. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Just as soon as it starts to feel like Galaga to me, I get killed and the game's over. Man, I miss the days of games having more than one life without paying to continue....

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    @ sv
    Sorry to hear your having problems. Runs buttersmooth here on my iphone 7, version 10.0.2. Never had a crash nor a connection problem.

My negatives first...coming from a soft-launch and still no relative touch option (plus some "minor" things like upgrade timers, but with a buy-out option at least) is simply...nevermind.
    But yes, the default controls work really great.

After buying the Galaga fighter (no pop-up ads) and the doubler for a total of $4, i consider this to be a premium experience.
    Tip: Upgrading the magnet spawns more coins per kill. Not fully upgrated atm, but i make 500+ coins per run easily. So the only ONE continue for 100 coins (thanks Bandai!!!) never hurts at all.

I'm enjoying this amazingly superb take on Galaga so much. It grabbed me the same genious way as Pac-Man 256 did. Probably even more, because this is my beloved genre. This also means, memorize the patterns while playing over and over to get better and earn/grind the coins. After a few upgrades i already felt godlike with both powerups. To take down all those hordes of aliens feels incredibly satisfying. Really, incredibly satisfying!

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    AKD,

I'm nipping at your heels on score. I'm now at warp 7 and I made over 70k. Hehe

So basically if you want to make coins you start at warp 1. If you want to go for score while you wait for an upgrade to finish you use the warp capsules and use a later warp.

I really am loving this game.

Billy

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #50 LordShad0wz, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    That's bizarre.

I'm using the IPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5 and I'm not having any issues whatsoever. I checked on both my home wifi, which is connected to cable internet, and my AT&T 4G LTE connections too. No issues.

I'm located in New York, USA

I wonder if it's your location or maybe it's device specific? It's weird.

Did you try resetting your app Identifer in settings?

Billy

11. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Great game. Brings back memories of the Atari days. But I agree that the game needs relative controls.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So this is funny.

I went to email Bandai the list of complaints and requests I've seen in the thread.

I went to the AppStore, tapped reviews, tapped app support. I got a message after safari opened up. We're sorry but the page you are requesting doesn't support mobile devices whatsoever. Goodbye.

Hehehehe.

Billy

13. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Love the game, bought all items, and still have to sit through ads.

14. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I'm not arguing that the controls are sluggish, and the ship does stay ahead of my finger, but, playing mostly on an iPad, it's really annoying that relative touch is missing.
    I just can't get past it, I can't play without relative touch, and it really should have been added. It's not exactly a new concept on mobile Shmups... #

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No you are right. I opened up a ticket last night on my PC with Bandai since I couldn't do it on my IPhone. Relative controls was on top of the list.

Billy

16. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thank you M'Lord, that's a great initiative you're taking! ###
    Very kind of you to take the time and trouble to do that.

17. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    Ok wtf? I just started playing this today. Probably played 30 mins to an hour and already no. 1 on my friends GC board. Also it won't seem to let me buy anything but upgrades? I have like over 1000 coins and can't get the starter pack. It just has a darkened lock button. Same goes for the extra ships too. Anyone know what's wrong?

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Do you have IAP turned off or something? Those things are IAP.

19. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    Nope. Cause I bought quite a few on skyforce reloaded since I enjoyed it so much.

20. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Online ONLY

Thank you, I was scouring this thread looking for answers to my inquiry, and that was if this game required a persistent internet connection just to play; now I know. I won't be downloading this.