iPad Galaga REMIX 1.0.3 (ios4 fix OUT NOW)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, Apr 8, 2009.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Trying again. It's here!

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  3. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    i found the controls of the lite version to be very difficult to pull off quick manuvers.

4. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, full version, I wasn't in love with the lite, very poor controls, maybe I'll get used to them, Maybe not.

5. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I am buying it ... I mean its not like there will be a price drop with this game despite how many people don't like the lite version, its Namco, and I know if I don't purchase it the same thing that happened with Pac-man with occur with this game: "Over priced not buying" a week later "f this I want pac-man"

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    They've kept that 5.99 price tag on Pac-Man for so long, ever since the App Store came out it was 9.99 then 7.99 then 5.99 since like 8 months ago. I was finally convinced they will never drop the price and I don't think they'll drop the price on this one.

7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Got it! It is really nice. OK, for 2.99$ it would be even nicer . . . but on the other hand: Think about what games like that are priced on a PocketPC or for other devices.

Greetings, Mythbuster

8. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Okay, I finally had the pleasure of trying this out for myself. It is not a bad port: it didn't port as well as Ms. Pac-Man or Centipede, but it is also not as poop-poor as Mega Man II. I remember being able to fire a lot faster than I can now. It seems that, no matter how fast I tap, the shots are fewer and farther between [than the taps.] And a tap outside the play area should really fire because my finger often gets in the way. The screen does feel a touch small but what can they do about that? If they enlarge the picture much more, my finger would cover up my awesome-space-fighter-plane. I haven't really played around with 'remix' yet, but it is easier to control. Hopefully something can be done for us classic nuts. I like it; I just want to like it more.

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Thats right, the Remix version is much better to control.

The Remix version is well done and makes much fun - I used the Remix Version most time until now. It is nice to get two games in one! ;)

10. Ok out of accelerometer / slider / and arrow keys I prefer the arrow keys. However, in remix they are too far apart. The original one (original on iphone game that is) the arrow keys are almost touching each other and I prefer that way. One thing I don't remember on namco remix for xbox and nintendo ds is letting you continue from whatever round your game ends at. Thus you can avoid doing the cheat killing all but last guy on bottom right and letting him fly by 100 times.

I'm done with this game...powerups make it way too easy. Three powerups I encountered were fat / wide shot, super fast rapid fire, and 3 way fire. I gave up at stage 5-5 I've had enough with remix game and mr. fat millipede. Remix has hardly any kamikazes coming at you. Think it's aimed at kindergartners though could be 1st graders ...one or the other. Overall this ain't no Space Invaders Revolution (nintendo DS game)...not even close to amount of fun that one was.
    [​IMG]

11. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Based on the crazy price coupled with the slow firing speeds in the lite classic version (i don't care about remix), I'm not going for this one. Ugh. Why can't namco do a good touch-device port? This is too expensive for what it is. I'd rather get something like Zen Bound.

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I just spent some time with this and enjoyed it.

13. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Ugh. Couldn't stand Galaga Remix when I played it on a friend's device. The responsiveness was slow. The controls were poor. The power-ups were boring. Just didn't like it. If you are going to spend that much, maybe you would do better to pick a well-reviewed game like Zen Bound. Or pick up a couple of lower priced games that got awesome reviews.

Just a thought. :cool:

14. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I have to somewhat agree that the controls aren't perfect. However, it does not make the game unplayable. I really enjoy this game because of its retro value. It was the only game that gave me a reason to visit the arcades, and considering how much money I spent; 6 bucks is a steal!

15. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I thought it was really fun. The Remix one was a little weird because the spaceships wouldn't shoot back at you. Thats really my only complaint right next to the controls being a little iffy.

Other than that, this game is really nice and is a 2 in 1 package. The classic version of this game costs $6 on the Razr (yeah I know, I was young when I bought it). So 5.99 for this game is actually not that bad based on the fact that Namco took some time on this one to create a revamped Galaga.

16. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    [app]Galaga REMIX[/app] on sale for $2.99.

17. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Galaga Remix now onsale for $0.99! :)

18. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Writer/ Music Producer
    Germany & Tokyo
    #19 dyscode, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    At least the LITE version is crashing on iOS4!

19. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    does this work on ios4