Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    @Sheinfell: You have no need to jailbreak the device. The app to put into your device can be installed through iFunbox (or through itunes if you know how to install a cert). It is simply a normal app displaying an unique ID that we use in GPP. Since we didn't put this app to appstore, we need to send to you a copy that is authorized by your machine. Normally, we can send you a cert and the app, but I can also simplify the process by incorporate the cert into the app and you can install it through third party software (we tried iFunbox and it works). That involves two steps from your side. What I concern is whether the process will be too complicated to you. We tried this approach for some other players already. Send us email pls if you want to do so.

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #362 Sheinfell, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Definitely not too complicated, you are talking to a techie here ;)
    That's why I wanted to know how it works, actually. I didn't know that you can "personalise" apps to a specific private-user device (I thought this - or a smiliar - option is only available for companies; we do this too with the mobile part of our software) , nor that you can integrate the cert directly into the app. Looks like I need to catch up a bit on my iOS knowledge; but then I am not a developer, I work in product support.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Anyways, it will be Monday till I get around to installing iFunbox and sending you my data.
    Oh, by the way, you don't *have* to fix my savefile; I am perfectly happy when you invest that time into bugfixing instead ;)

3. Mr Mrrtn

Mr Mrrtn New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Missing Blueprint drop, no BC Seraphim or Durins Bane

@moonfish

I've been playing your game for a few weeks now and am currently at level 58. I've spent a lot of time in the Talidea sector, because it has the highest level enemy ships, with numerous battles against enemy Seraphim and Durin's bane in the hope for a good blueprint drop.

So far I have only received Ogre (TS) blueprints from these battles, I have about 10 of these. :(

I have moved on to other starsystems and have received blueprints from these battles for BS, CS and lower class ships.

I am at the end of my tether here, because I need a stronger ship to defeat the story line boss "security guard" who kills my BattleShip with 6400 SP and 4000 DM within a minute.

Can you please check where BC class blueprints can be found, which system or pirate group? Or please update the game so that the Talidea Sector doenst drop Ogre blueprints constantly. (Ogres are pretty silly, $40+ million for a transport ship?!)

4. Alcadeias

Alcadeias Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    I was about to post about how I hated the loading times and the lags and crashes on my 3GS when I noticed the game has just been updated and that these issues were addressed lol. Good work, Moonfish.

Anyway, I just got my first BS (Yawgmoth); anyone have any setup recommendations?
    Or perhaps a list of items somewhere including locations to get them? Coz that'd be fantastic...

5. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    GPP Christmas Edition is out.

We are pleased announced that the latest version of Galactic Phantasy Prelude is out. Gift it to yourself, friends and beloved and bring fun to them this Christmas

What's new?
    - You can toggle on/off the Christmas theme.
    - Optimized the loading time. The start time of the game reduced by 12 - 15 seconds.
    - Reduced footprint to reduce the loading time and also minimize app crashes on low-end machines.
    - Added an option for you to choose fixed or floating joystick.
    - Reduced the price of Battlecrusier.

6. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    You can loot BC blueprints in three sectors: Talidea, Qayzan, and Andorria. The loot rate is actually quite high: more than 20%. You simply focus on attacking priates and ignore those transports.

7. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    The latest update addresses the loading time and app crash problem. Yet, we will further reduce the loading time when loading scenes in the coming release. Please allow us some time to do so.

8. Chess24

Chess24 New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    There appears to be a problem with lasers.

I'm flying the Nightmare II and have two lasers equipped and properly crewed. When I hold down both buttons only one laser continuously fires. Also, when I tap and alternate the buttons fast the fire rate is the same as holding down only one of the fire buttons.

Quite annoying because I'm only getting half the firepower out of my ship and very difficult to advance.

I've been killing Nightmare II's left right and centre and I'm not getting any blueprints. I had to use credits to acquire my first one. Doesn't seem like the 20% is working.

9. GuardianAG

GuardianAG New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    What's your targeting circle power when you fire the lasers?

10. GuardianAG

GuardianAG New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    A little something.

I noticed a little something. For the battlecruisers, it seems that the blueprints only state their weapon as missilesx2 only. But when I went to the shop, I see that they have lasers for battlecruisers too! What is going on here? Can the battlecruisers use both missiles and lasers, or is it a either or equation?

11. Chess24

Chess24 New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks figured it out.

The drop rate for the Nightmare II blueprint remains non-existent in Cecronae System despite the presence of Nightmare II pirates you can destroy.

12. Chess24

Chess24 New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    #372 Chess24, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    I found a major bug.

When I accept combat missions (lvl 5) at Minicalo and engage any nearby fleet (not the mission target) and then flee the battle immediately, it completes the mission and I receive the cash and item reward instantly. It also seems to reward double exp than the normal at 6k.

I only happened to come across this because during the mission I was intercepted by a pirate fleet while trying to reach the target fleet.

EDIT: I found some idiosyncrasies. Firstly, it works on combat missions from Cosmakturn as well; it seems likely it works for all combat missions. Secondly, it only works if you lock onto a target at least once during combat mode before the flee timer expires. For some reason, if you click flee and do not do anything and do not lock on then it does not complete the mission after you exit combat. Lastly, this bug occasionally stops working, in which completing the mission once normally seems to make it work again. I'm currently flying a laser BC in case the laser targeting somehow affects the bug and it cannot be done with missiles (can someone test this?)

I believe The Union's Blockade lvl 5 @ Minicalo is the highest cash/time effective mission at present.

It gives $2.8M and an item you can sell for $4M.

To complete the mission, with out the exploit, you do not need to leave the system and the mission target actually comes to Minicalo where you only need to destroy the fleet. The turn around mixed with the ease of the mission mean its very easy to complete over and over in a short amount of time.

With the exploit where you simply engage any nearby fleet and then flee (must lock onto one target at least once) -- which nets you the cash and item reward you can accumulate $100M in about 15 minutes.

13. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I like the artwork

14. BlackChocobo

BlackChocobo Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    #374 BlackChocobo, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    @Moonfish Software:
    This game is great, but the story is short, You should provide gamer some option to spend more in this game or get all archivements
    E.g.
    New game plus with some features or bonus.
    New boss after game, like a strong pirates(full most power ship) or rare ship random appear which contain rare gear or rare blueprint so gamer might stay and enjoy this game more and more.
    A short storyline and easy after final battle make gamers feel waste their cash on it, few hours to complete and no reason to continue enjoy it.
    Update it so they will enjoy more and more, then feel pleasure to wait for other title from you.
    And bugs:
    -I found some grammar and incorrect English when playing this game. However it is not really important and player still able to understand, so update it if you wish.
    -Sometime, the mission ship go around and around in a circle. Need to hit that target ship so it will out of circle and continue flight.
    -The 5s too far and too close to the target not work correctly, like when too close too the target, have battle or when the target is in the teleport place, then go in a circle, just continue "Jump" the ship, and too far-too close come again and again and then... time is not continue counting or not reset to 5s (e.g. too close start from the last time your ship close to the target)

15. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    A while back when I was playing Galactic Phantasy (galaxy pirate adventures), I suggestions to let us roam around stations to enjoy the great atmosphere of starbase. Also suggested few other improvements about the warp effect and the "mesh like" planet visualizations.

Happy to see you guys listened to player base. Thank you.

Few things about Galactic Phantasy Prelude: really interesting game. Although I preferred the old combat system, had a bit more "eve online" play style, but the new system isn't bad. Its a little sluggish and fighting multiple foes makes it really hard to keep track of them, since you have no control over your acceleration and cant perform any maneuvers to avoid the incoming fire.

Would be awesome to have some sort of autopilot that would let you click on star map location and just have it take you there "hands free"

One of the biggest downsides of the game is that it doesn't have a comparison window. If you're upgrading anything, you just have to do the jumping back and forward between menus thing.

Also, I do like a challenge, but having one of your starting missions, one where you have to save the "singer girl" so hard, is a total turnoff for any new player. I pretty much hit the wall there, and can not find any guides or help forums on this game.

16. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    The team mates defence matrix doesn't work :(

I bought it some crew members but its defence matrix for some reason is not showing up.

17. akrose858

akrose858 Member

Jan 21, 2014
    I have a 5s and when i am in space fighting the space background image is distorted and rotates strangely as i fly around. Is there a fix for this?

18. DanDJKRoberts

DanDJKRoberts New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    I have a question, I have just started playing this and am a bit stuck. I want to build a new ship and have the blueprint but not the materials and my cargo hold is too small, I cant buy a new cargo hold either because there are none for the frigate I have.

19. Enderized

Enderized New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    You need to add a tutorial to say how to get the different types of weapons because I got a cherubium cruiser and a principalities 2 before I figured it out :/

20. Enderized

Enderized New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Its quite easy battle some pirates in the she for with the planet jupity and when the drop a principalities 2 blueprint make it get some gear and you'll do fine