Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Oh, that was a bug? I thought it a nasty surprise, done on purpose ;)
    Hhmm, do any enemy ships use the 50% protection from laser/missile parts?

2. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I never encountered the "flinging aim" problem.
    But I agree that the combat control sometimes feels a bit too sluggish.
    Especially the zoomed view moves at a snail's pace, so I almost never use it.

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #323 Bool Zero, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    Also, always encounter a problem with the screen rotation in that I have to turn my iPad (3) in the orientation of the game and then back around in order for it to register my orientation each and everytime I play this game. I never have this issue with any other app. And even when the game is oriented to my preferred position, if I hit gamecenter it comes up upside down! I play with the home button on the right but whenever I load the game it loads it with the home button to the left, and seems stubborn to respond to screen rotation on iPad 3.

I wonder if my issues are iPad specific and are not being seen on the smaller devices?...

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Perhaps the flinging is in response my trying to compensate for the sluggishness! It seems like I may be pushing the V-stick too far over to the point where it makes me lose control of my aim and I have to lift up my thumb, recenter and try again only to be met with sluggish controls again. If I push too far my aim seems to fling hard in the direction and even adjusting doesn't seem to help, it just flings in the other direction and all over to the point that I have to do what I mentioned above. At least someone else is encountering half of my problem... I feel partially validated!

5. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Anyone can tell me what/where can I get the BC blueprints? Been killing BC pirates but they dropped nothing but Orge blueprints. Got about 7 of those now.

6. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    I randomly received a Seraphim BP from rats. Although its mostly Ogre prints for me as well. The red rats give better loot than just ratting on your own.
    I know that you can get a Seraphim from the 2nd or 3rd last mission and a Durin's Bane from the last or 2nd last mission. Others can correct me if I'm wrong here.

As for the BC II blueprints... I'm still hunting for those.

7. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #327 imuddy, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Do you remember who dropped the seraphim bp? I killed so many seraphim, seraphim II, and Bane ships. Got over 20 Orge BP now.

8. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    very very nice tip! :) bring a wingman and protected your wingman. Suddenly those Cherubim with 5 part slots make sense.

9. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    I got mine from the last slave camp in Othar

*sigh* if only we can sell blueprints.

10. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Cause I'm stuck on the bank robbery mission, and whatever I do just isn't enough. So I'm try to see if I can get a BC BP from any priates in Talidea.

11. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Or at least trade them with other players.

12. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Out of experience which of the two BC is better? Seraphim or Durin's Bane?

13. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    I know it was from one of the last missions for sure. I think I had one drop rarely.
    I know that I had a boatload of Ogre blueprints as well though.

Depends on your play style. Whether or not you prefer missiles to lasers. Personally, I prefer the Seraphim. I'm not fond of lasers although the stun laser is insanely useful.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Doh, cheers!

15. hellokitt

hellokitt Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Once you can engage ships while wandering at a starport, then 5 stars.

16. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    @imuddy:
    I have the same problem with the bank mission. Two Cruisers just don't cut it, so I am slowly working my way towards a BC.

And I think I got my Seraphim blueprint from the last slavecamp mission.
    I found some Durinbane blueprints in Talidea, if I remember right. But I honestly do not know what the company caravan fleets drop, I only went after pirates so far because they seem to give way more cash.

@Moonfish: What about allowing to sell/discard blueprints? Like 1 credit for each, times shipsize. So an FR gives 1, a CS gives 3, and a BC 5.
    And if that would be too much, leave the lowerend ships like Frigates and Destroyers out of it.
    Even if only Cruisers and up give 1+ credit each, that would be a huge boon, allowing to upgrade to a bigger ship eventually.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    So... The tutorial log says to go to the market in mining. And I did, and nothing happened so I explored the menus, bought a bunch of batteries, wandered to a neighboring planet, made profit, did a return haul for more profit. Pretty cool trade system, investing looks interesting.

But, the tutorial still says to go to the market. Did I break something? I've tried the restore button in the log, no such luck.

18. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes the tutorial is correct. I also got the same initial confusion. In this case, in the same system, there is a planet named Mining, so 'Go to the market in Mining', actually means go to the market on planet Mining. So, when you reach the Mining planet, select wander then go directly to the market.

19. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Oddly I get seraphim bp from the BS pirates in Andorria instead of Talidea or Othar. In Talidea, i only get Ogres, this even when attacking those dual seraphim 2 groups.

For the bank robbery, have you maxed out your crew? I know with a Dracula 2, and a wingman (dracula), i'm able to take out three or four. So I imagine with a proper BS you can wipe them instead of grinding for a BC.

20. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Is there any way to copy my save game from one device to another? The game doesn't use iCloud to sync progress; I tried using iFunbox to manually move the save files over from one iPhone to another but that didn't work, either. Any suggestions?