Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    It won't let me have 3 ship in my fleet, I only can use 2 ship.

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Yes, unfortunately the developers reduced the number to two :(

Moonfish, I remember that you wrote earlier that you removed the 3rd wingman for performance reasons. I am wondering a bit about that, as the game runs perfectly smooth with 6 enemy BCs on screen. Would a third wingman really impact performance that much?

3. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    First of all thanks for your tip about stunning laser, it works like a charm. #
    Secondly, I am not sure that adding a third wingman would really change gameplay much. As it is we really dont have any control over how the wingman behaves, so other than reducing the difficulty a bit the wingman factor doesnt do much. Now if the developers decide to add elements such as wingman formation and behaviour controls then I can see the third wingman having a major impact.

4. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Are there Game Center leaderboards/achievements?

5. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    How do I upgrade shipyard? My ship yard says 216,385 to upgrade but my invested amount is 217,293.

6. bashesh

Jun 3, 2012
    I usually keep on adding funds in small increments until I get the messsage saying the shipyard is now upgraded to level 2 and so on.

7. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Can we please have option to run game on ipad 4th at 1024x768?
    Its not exactly smooth on full retina resolution.

8. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I tried adding 100, 1000 over 10 times. Nothing happens.

9. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    on the upgrade screen, look at the 2nd value. Usually i just click on MAX and it will enter the correct amount (presuming that you have enough cash)

10. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Bugs - Laser Immune/Invisible ships

1. Don't know if you've noticed this, but there was one story quest where there were one cruiser and three destroyer, or was it 4 destroyer (three ghosts, one dracula). I brought one Dracula cruiser and wipe them except for the cruiser/destroyer which is immune to lasers, i.e. DM does not go down, no SP hits. Eventually I brought another destroyer which made a difference. Top left most system i think.

2. Then there was story quest in Othar/Other system where there was one invisible ship that was spraying purple shots everywhere, not lasers, not missiles. No name, no ship display and does not have a message display after it is destroyed.

I've restarted the game four times already and it gets easier with each restart.

11. diggold88

diggold88 Member

Nov 26, 2012
    I disagree on this point. GOF2 did that, and its a pain in the thumbs. Every where you go, every pirate is is gunning for you because their level is higher than yours. It turned what was once a nice game into something that only has one aspect. I stopped playing GOF2 months ago and didn't bother to buy their latest add-on with the supernova challenge because in the preview, its just became yet-another-shootfest . If i want a shooting game, I'll go look for Raiden.

In most games if not all, there are always badlands and safe havens. There are always 'safe' places that you can try out different aspects. e.g. trading and other non violent activities. When you have enemies that are on the same level, what it does is turn the entire playing field into a badlands, like changing all the areas in a multiplayer into PvP area and this almost always turn people off.

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Anyone?

Is this game worth it, ive only put about 3 hours into GOF2

13. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Yes, there are achievements and leader boards. Some are broken (might only be for me).

I think the game is worth it but its a different beast than GoF2.
    It's only .99c if I remember correctly. Can definitely do a lot worse, that's for sure.

14. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We did a bit tricks on battle to optimize the performance.
    In a battle you may face six enemies, but in anytime at most three of them will attack you. That means, there are at most five ships (you and your wingman, and three active enemies) running concurrently. That's mainly because the game logic of a ship, its battle effects such as missile and lasers, and also the rendering of 3D models, all requires high CPU/GPU loading.

If we add one more wingman, machines such as iPhone 4 or lower will not give acceptable frame rate. Actually, we tested that iPhone 4S or iPad 2 or above are far better than the old machines in terms of GPU power.

15. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We fixed the problem that certain enemy ship re immune to laser in the coming update. Your workaround to use destroyers works. Thanks very much for sharing that here.

16. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    So everyone with latest Ipad/Iphone must play crippled version, due to low performance of older Ipad/Iphone models, im glad i got it for free. Well .. its slow anyway on latest Ipad :rolleyes: (or is game locked to 30fps at retina resolution?)

17. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I hadn't played since the patch and thought I'd give the game a 5 minute blat... an hour and a half latter I was still playing :)

Newb question, when you have a fleet are you able to decide or change which one is the flagship? Can't seem to find a way but I'm presuming it would be possible?

18. bashesh

Jun 3, 2012
    Yes, use the swap button in fleet management menu.

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Does anyone else find the virtual stick calibration or response feels a bit off? It seems too slow on general flight and then seems flighty when in combat. not so bad as to where I can't fight with it, but bad enough (at least for me) to where it is noticeably wonky. on the galactic map it seems fine, perfect even, but as soon as I enter combat it seems I am either getting sluggish response or it flings my aim too far across the screen with no sense of subtly or a balanced medium.

Am I alone on this? bought this on launch and am loving it otherwise...

20. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Thanks alot for the explanation. I thought that the graphics require the most load, and since I rarely had more than two ships (enemy or wingman) on my screen, I didn't think adding one more is a big deal. But then this might only be because of the way I play the fights.

But then I do not know how much CPU load the battle logic produces.
    I am sincerely curious about that, do you have any numbers how much CPU load logic vs. graphics produce?

@spadjr: Do not forget that those slightly older devices are still a huge market share. I know that quite some developers no longer support the iPad1, for exactly the reason that it lacks processing power compared to its younger siblings.
    Notably, iPad3 has similar problems: not enough power under the hood to really support the retina display properly.