Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We have reproduced the problem of equipment blacked out in our lab. Please avoid recycling ships until the next update comes out.

2. Kaidkintell

Kaidkintell New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Blacked out items

I understand your working on this, but to be clear it is not just an issue when recycling ships. This issue stared after the last update for me, now I have items currently attached to ships that I can not remove. I can replace the items by buying new items but then the blacked out items can not be re-equipped or sold. I am now out of room in my storage and 80% of what's there is blacked out and can not be sold or equipped. I will not buy more storage I don't need just because a bug is filling up my existing storage. Any new on how long before this is fixed? I only ask because at this point the game is pretty much un-playable until this is fixed.

3. heppi1234

heppi1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Moonfish???

4. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    Mate up in the othar region there are 3 planted all with info centres. The lower planet pakytarkil has the first 3 missions all above a mil with fairly descent items....just an FYI. Bet if its upgraded be some beasty rewards, will find out when I get a transport ship as haven't been on all night so no progress, still pissed about loosing the 400k per run from beythlea after investing 3-4mil #

5. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    And ANOTHER query, why is it that when I say place a DM in my parts slot, when I equip a crew member to it does it REDUCE the DM value by the the total amount of the parts stat value of the crew member? If its correct it means that having lesser stat crew members is better than having higher stat crew members?

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving Day Offer: 100% OFF!

Now free! ;)

7. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Thats great! i was just thinking to buying it. :)

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    What's the installed size on this? Saw some questions on running this on an iPod Touch 4G. Will it run at all on a 3GS?

9. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Yes, there is a bug about the mission reward. It will be updated in the next update as well.

10. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    GPP can be run on iPhone 3GS. Make sure that no other memory hungry app is running. If you experienced crashes, please try reboot your phone.

11. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    #271 heppi1234, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    What about this please moonfish? Thanks for previous response #

Edit: I've noticed the above ONLY applies to tiring a DM then equipping a crew member to it, all others are beneficial to have a higher stat player equipped, DM seems to be benificial having as low stat crew member equipped as possible

So to clarify equipping a high stat crew member to DM reduces DM value + DM regen rate
    Equipping a lower stat crew member increases DM value + regen rate

12. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    ***EASY CASH UPDATE***

If u Travel to lusatizarel in the andorria system, go to the infocentre and choose mission 1. The reward is 3.18mil + a cargo T-03-G which is sellable for 655k. This is a non aggression mission, u just follow one ship to a jump station, then on from there to a planet and job done!!

This just financed a new BC ship for me in a couple of runs :)

13. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Yes, there is a bug in calculating the stat of DM. So please use a crewman with low "Part" value.

14. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Hi Kaidkintell,

Thanks for your info. I wonder if you recycled any ship before encountering the item black out problem. If yes, we found the root cause and solution already. If not, we need to reproduce the case in our side first.

15. Kaidkintell

Kaidkintell New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Yes I did recycle a ship some time age, however I did not notice the issue until after the last patch. Also none of the parts that are blacked out where ever attached to the recycled ship, also all parts that where attached to the recycled ship where removed and sold before the ship was recycled.

16. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the details. The bug is something like this:
    1. Asume you have 3 ships a, b, and c. ship b was built after a but before c.
    2. when you recycle b, the equipment of c may be affected, but those from a will not be affected.
    3. If you recycle ship c, the newest ship that you built, both a and b will not be affected.

17. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    *** another easy money mission ***

I found one that gives even more reward than the mission at Lusatizarel:
    System Talidea, Planet Cosmakturn: 1st mission gives 4.6m + part, on lvl1 infocenter.

And two questions from me:
    1) Did anyone figure out how to "shortsell Plutonium" ? This gets mentioned a few times during the storyline, but I could not find a place yet that actually sells it.
    2) Did you find any Golden Routes yet?

18. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for the info moonfish. Are there any more planned missions in future updates? Completed the game now n can't see the point in grinding to get all ships just for the crack. Maybe taking down the empire and sphinxians? Great game u have here but completed waaaaay too quickly, the bugs were slightly annoying as well but didn't really impact the game that much. Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out on your future games

FYI the best mission for cash is in talidea system, planet cosmakturn. First mission is just to follow someone again, gives over 5mil plus a cargo part that sells for 1.6mil. Also for final two bosses invest in a seraphim, defeated final boss battle in under 2 mins. Also any ships that attack u in talidea have a good drop rate, got a couple of sp repairers that give over 50% sp with 6 count plus a couple of armours that give 99%, makes BC's virtually invincible

19. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #279 Sheinfell, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    @heppi: how long did it take you to get the money for the Battlecruiser?

I tested 2 Golden Routes (the ones from Mothrine), one of them could even cover the "shortselling Plutonium" (which is spelled "Platonium" btw, you might want to change that, Moonfish), and they are definitely not worth it. I calculated ~500k profit per run, with the Ogres transporter that has >8000 cargo. Take the price of the Transporter(s) into account, plus equipment, upgrading Shipyards and Mines, and they become a joke.
    With the mission from Cosmakturn I can earn more in less time.
    For the Routes to be worth it, they have to give at least 10 times what I see on my 2 example routes, 20x or more would be even better.

And, Moonfish, could you please consider halving the prices for the Battlecruisers? Total costs should be ~150 million for one of them, which is rather ridiculous; especially when you take into account that you only get ~6m from the best mission we know to date.
    Yes, it is possible to gather the cash, but involves so much grind that it is no fun (the original GP had the same problem).
    And by the time you get there, you have most likely only a little bit of endgame left where it actually makes sense to use so much firepower. This takes even more fun out of it.

I am not even sure you need anything bigger than a Cruiser, seeing that I can destroy 6 (yes, six!) *Battlecruisers* with my Dracula2 Cruiser.

Also, could you change the map so that it automatically focuses on your ship when you open it? By now I am quite annoyed that I always have to scroll around to get to my location.

20. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Thanks for the tips heppi!! I have two cruisers right now, dracula 2 and cherubim. I do have a bluepring for seraphim but it costs around 110 mills. Would you recommend that I save my money and directly buy seraphim or get a battleship in the mean time? Thanks again for the tips.