Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Where exactly in the storyline are you now? What is your current story mission? You can see that in the "Log" in the top menu.
    Also, which ships do you currently have? Knowing that will make it easier to give some recommendations.

2. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    [BUG] Cannot remove equipment from ships - UPDATE

UPDATE about this bug:
    I have the same problem I mentioned about Supports modules with not being able to do anything with equipment after changing it with Parts modules now.
    I did not test it with weapons yet, as I do not want to screw up more stuff.

Anyways, I am quite sure this is caused by the additional storage pages I bought, as this never occured before I bought those.

@Moonfish: Could you have a look and provide a bugfix?

3. heppi1234

heppi1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I've managed to get the hang of it a bit more now, I only have a couple of angels but I'm about to upgrade to two warlock destroyers :) can u only have two craft in your fleet maximum?

As for missions I've just rescued Emma and the next thing is to go check out her family or something. What's best way to get cash, just pirating people? I keep going for galactic expresses and alien travel ships, get £27k plus the odd loot

Regarding your bug issue maybe it is something to do with the purchase of the extra slots as I don't seem to be having the same problem

4. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong

Thanks very much for the information. We will fix it in the coming update. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.

5. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We are fixing it right the way. Yet, sorry that you may have to wait for a week or two, as Apple takes time to approve it.

6. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Hi Moonfish, great, thanks alot for the update and the effort you are willing to put in to fix this. And no worries, I know how long Apple takes :) Not sure if that bug qualifies in Apple's eyes, but you might want to consider their emergency submit process, that is quite faster (sometimes only a day).

7. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    Damn now I know what u mean about the support items, I just removed one and can no longer put it back in ggggrrrr. That's a waste of 100k

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Yes, two is the maximum, unfortunately :(
    The Destroyers will make your life so much easier. I never found a Destroyer blueprint before I managed to finish the story mission you currently have, so I am running a Principalities2 and cannot say much about the Warlock. However, from stats alone the P2 is quite superior. But that is only relative for the Destroyers; any Destroyer is way more powerful than the Frigates.

Anyways, make sure to pack one "D.M. breaker" missile per ship. They fire slower than the normal missiles, but do much more damage to shields. I have two shields in my Destroyer, 2x +SP parts, and nice turret I looted somewhere I cannot remember.
    If you want to play save, I recommend to put in a "SP restore" item. If you see that you do not need it, switching to an "Energy restore" worked quite well for me.
    Also, I recommend that you upgrade one of your Frigates asap (ideally your own ship, so you can survive longer) , and then collect enough cash to upgrade the 2nd one.

Thanks go to bashesh for that one:
    Go to Beythlea system, Planet Karakerin (or so). There, pick mission 1 from the Infocenter (trail some politicians on way to their club). It gives you ~815k + money from the part reward, and does not involve any fighting; I upgraded the Infocenter to lvl2, and get ~925k per run now. Oh, and RUN from any encounters in Beythlea system while you only have Frigates. Those Cruisers can blow you apart in seconds.
    With one Destroyer, you should be able to win the storymission, and then get the Principalities2 Destroyer.

9. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    Well I have fully upgraded warlock and frigate atm, just picked up the cherubim and prince 2 blueprints though. Is it worth building both of them? I notice BC's only use lasers, any good? I just demolished two BC's without loosing any health although my wingman got slaughtered lol. Is there much to do after the story then? I seem to be flying through this

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #250 Sheinfell, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    No idea how long the story is, or how much will be left to do after we are through, as I am not that far yet.

As for building: Depends on what you want ;) If you are a completionist, I guess you will want one of every ship at some point.
    Anyways, unless you want to spend a good amount of time collecting cash, I would go with "upgrade as needed only" , because...
    I just checked the blueprint for my Cherubim Cruiser, and oh boy: Aside from the pricetag, I need a small asteroid of materials to build it, plus buying equipment for it. Not sure if my 7 million cash will be enough for that, as I will have to upgrade a Miningstation or two as well, just to get all the materials without flying around too much.

But personally I like to take it slow, and I prefer the "superior firepower" approach.
    So I will build one Cherubim Cruiser, then do some missions to get better equipment, and then maybe build a second Cruiser or even a Battleship (just found a Yagmoth(?) blueprint). Currently, with so much sidetracking stuff laid out for me, I am in no rush to continue with the storyline.

Lasers:
    Looking just at the numbers, Cruiser Lasers do roughly 3x the damage of Destroyer missiles.
    And the helpfile mentions firing multiple shots per laser, too, so the numbers might be even higher.
    However, I cannot take damage-per-second into account yet, as I still need to build my own Cruiser. But considering how big the jump from Frigate to Destroyer was, I would say it is definitely worth it. Plus, you get more structure points, stronger shields, and - I think - more cargo space.

11. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    Sweet thanks for the info mate, since I'm demolishing the Dracula cruisers with my warlock I might just keep this for the moment. I've already got a shipyard up to level to build the crim. have u got a big transports ship with around 3300-3400 cargo capacity? If so I think I might have found a mission for u that will generate more money than the one u told me about, although that's working brilliant for atm thanks, levelled the info centre to 5 so getting a nice income per run

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #252 Sheinfell, Nov 20, 2012
    Alright, update on the Cherubim Cruiser:
    The 7 million were barely enough, I needed another 1.5 million or so to get the best stuff available at Locavold.

Yes, the Lasers are a good measure more powerful than the Destroyer Missiles.
    The Cherubim has lousy Energy reserves/recharge for the EN amount the Lasers use, and the CPU is nothing to write home about either.
    So I twice put in the best EN recharger I could buy at Locavold (where I built it), and the best Stun (Stun disables Shields) and Damage Laser I could buy there. This did not leave much room for anything else in terms of CPU, so I only have the biggest shield I could buy, and nothing else (which might actually be overkill; I seriously consider swapping in the biggest +damage Turret I can easily buy or already have, and then use whatever Shield still fits).

Going up against the Cruisers in Beythlea system, 2-3 salvos are enough to destroy one, which equates to ~10-15 seconds max, much faster than with a Destroyer (think that was ~60 seconds); so yes, things go much smoother now.

What I could not figure out is how the Laser aiming works:
    The helpfile says that the more locks you have, the more shots your Laser fires per activation. The limit for my Cherubim is 4 locks, and the description of my Laser says "max. shots 2".
    But I get the impression that when I fire with all 4 locks on, I do more damage than with 2 locks only.
    So I am not sure yet how this mechanic works exactly... will need to pay closer attention to the damage.

13. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    You're welcome, glad I could help out a bit.
    Did not build a Transport yet, but I got a bunch of Powers blueprints, so if it's worth it I can build two easily. And I have the +Cargospace modules from Karakerin mission 1, so capacity should be good.
    Which mission is that, and how much reward does it give?

14. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    At the moment, please remove all the equipments and crewmen before recycling any ship. That should avoid equipments from blacked out.

15. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    #255 heppi1234, Nov 20, 2012
    Let me check it first, the cash reward is smaller than mission 1 but it's the item it gives u that I think will have a high recycle value. A little busy at work so will report back shortly. Thanks for update re cher though, will save 10mil before building

Edit: sorry please disregard everything I said, I thought the mission reward was 700k + and afterburner (which would sell for couple mil).....it wasnt lol. Will be searching around this week though upgrading info centres to see if there's. mission that gives more

16. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    I have equipment blacked out before I recycled any ship. I merely removed a support item and then couldn't put it back in. It's in my warehouse blacked out, so basically it's sitting there not being used and I'm unable to equip it

17. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Same for me, this did not get triggered by recycling a ship.
    But, as long as you are not affected, better follow the recommendation, just to be on the safe side.

Problem is that you cannot remove any equipment, crewmen work fine.
    Changing equipment works, but then it gets hit by the bug as well.
    I am quite sure this bug is triggered by buying any additional storage space.
    I did not buy storage for Weapons, but they are affected as well.
    Before adding storage, everything was fine.
    There is still the possibility that the inApp-purchase of credits triggered the bug; but I cannot confirm or deny this, as I did not move any equipment around between buying the credits and adding the extra storage.

18. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    No worries ;)
    And that's my plan too, fly around a good bit and see what I can find.
    If the progression is about the same as in the first Galactic Phantasy, we should see some rather nice rewards later.
    If I find anything interesting, I will definitely update here.

19. heppi1234

Sep 12, 2012
    #259 heppi1234, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    Moonfish I have a problem, I've currently doing the above said mission, the 1st one in karanarkin (beythlea) with a level 5 information centre, the reward for this is 1.22mil + cargo item. Now I'm receiving the item but I am only receiving 825k which is what I believe the level 1 info centre reward is, why after I've invested several mil into it?

20. Started playing this game last night, it was a lot of fun. Kind of reminds me a little like galaxy on fire series, but it does have it's own unique storyline, and the games are far from being clones. Gotta play some more.