Universal Galactic Nemesis (by CS54)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think that these 3 codes are left!

Any takers, or has anyone taken them?
    H76W7LMWTYJT
    PPAFJ9MJPLJL
    JLT6ELYNK6YY

- Charlie

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ok. One thing I've GOTTA ask. How the hell do you earn coins in this game?? I've been trying to figure it out for a couple days. Is it just random or do you earn after shooting down X amount of ships? I've been trying to grind to get the 3rd ship (Not the hashtagNOEN ship. That's coming in the next update) and I just can't figure it out.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#83 Anotherkellydown, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Check out the missing manual: http://cs54.com/galactic-nemesis-the-missing-manual/

Everything you need to know there. But it's every 8,000 points I believe.

And stop talking about that disgusting ship, NOEN! No one (except you) is looking forward to flopping around in a phallic, neon ship! Hahaha

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    all redeemed

5. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    DM me if you need one!!! I can generate one more. :-D

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Tell her once I complete my strategy she's in for an ass whoopin! Lol

I really can't wait to see what you do with this game. It's nice to see so much positive talk and it was nice you share with us a little of the actual development side. That's really the problem. People don't understand how many hours go into making even the most simplest of games.

Billy

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #87 NOEN, May 3, 2015
    Hahaha. You wanna fly it and you know it!!!!
    Thanks for the tip! (Get it??)

8. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    HAHA! May the high score be with you!

I honestly can't wait to see how much more I can do with this game too! I got what I was hoping for with having people that like it, so I don't think I have a choice but to keep going! I'll keep you guys posted as new stuff is about to be added. :)

- Charlie

9. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Bought based on the awesome feedback on here. My Dad just bought it too when I showed him.

On iPhone 6 when I'm holding just below the ship I'm finding if I go to the bottom left it actually presses the pause button - this would be suited better at the top where your fingers never go while playing? Just a suggestion.

Keep up the great work.

10. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow, thank you! I will definitely consider giving people the option to move that. It was put at the bottom so that you didn't have to reach too far to pause it while deep in the action. I'll double check to be sure that a pause does not happen by sliding your finger over the pause button while shooting (it shouldn't, if it does I'll fix). :D Thanks again!!!

- Charlie

11. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks to everyone who snagged a promo code yesterday and played. Can't wait to hear what you think of the game. No more promo codes for now since I need to save them to send out to press guys in hopes they will pick it up! :D

12. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Awwww I missed my chance to grab a promo code :(

13. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just saw this youtube video by Jane Jones that features Galactic Nemesis. If you have time, give her youtube channel some love for sure, her videos look top notch and seem super well produced.

http://youtu.be/twRtcvXo1rM

14. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sorry buddy, perhaps another time!! :(

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Done. I even subscribed to her channel and left a nice comment.

Billy

16. Anotherkellydown

#96 Anotherkellydown, May 3, 2015
    So you earn more points for having a full shield during each run as well as at the end of the run? I didn't notice that in the manual either, but it makes sense if that's the case.

[Edit] Ok, after reading through it again I think it does specify that:

"- Don't lose ship power

Since picking up the 'P' power up increases your depleted ship power it actually has a positive impact on your score."

17. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awesome! Seems like she puts a lot of work into her channel.

18. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Correct on the 'P', since after you re-power your ship, you start earning more points per alien again as if you never lost ship power. I'll see if I can find the correct wording to make it super clear. As for the shield you just don't want to use at all if you're going for the hard core top score, its power range does not impact the scoring, only use or non use.

Side note:
    If you're JUST starting out and don't care about score and want to survive, a strategy would be to play without a shield at first, recharge when a 'P' drops, then immediately activate a shield. Gives you the most bang for your buck. :-D

19. Anotherkellydown

#99 Anotherkellydown, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Oops, I meant your life/power/energy. Not Shield.

Seems like the "P" power up consistently appears in the third wave. I've actually been using that strategy, but that's if you can make it to the third wave in one piece without a shield. :D of course you've always got a chance to pick up an extra shield too.

Speaking of the shield, it would be cool if there was some indication as to how much power it had left. I noticed it gets more dim as you take damage, but it's not totally clear how much more you can take before it's depleted. Having said that, I can't think of a better way to make it more clear. I've thought about a small percentage indicator, more defined color, etc. but not sure if that's really necessary.

One other thing; which does more damage, colliding with aliens or taking a bullet?

20. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Funny you say that, a power bar for a shield was actually brought up before I even released the game by at least one person. I slacked off and didn't add it, its definitely on my list!

For damage, I had thought of making it different between bullets and being hit by an alien, but in the end, it felt good to have them equal. If you get hit by a wave of aliens, you're done for so making it more powerful of a hit seemed almost unfair when playing! ONE TINY IMPORTANT DETAIL, if you're getting shot at by a boss alien, it's one shot and your dead, unless you're using a shield of course. Boss bullets are no joke!