Universal Galactic Nemesis (by CS54)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh lord. I'm not flying a yellow penis lol. Now if it was in white maybe. Lol

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Awesome that you'll be connecting the in-game achievements to Game Center :)

About the cloud saving: I've heard Eli, Jared, and Mike talk about this on the podcast before. Apparently it can be a difficult thing to implement, but the best way to go about it is to get it in there, and have a button in the game where you can manually transfer data to the cloud rather than it loading automatically when you switch devices. I guess it's more reliable that way. And yes, it would transfer max scores, unlocks, the whole nine. It would be like playing the same exact game between say, your iPad and iPhone.

I have a question about high scores from the Missing Manual:

High Score:
    There are a few tricks to getting to the tops of the leaderboard. To get the highest score, you need a combination of:

Weakest ship for a given world (can be fully upgraded). You’re totally rewarded for your pain and suffering).
    Don’t use a shield
    Don’t use a special weapon
    Don’t lose ship power

The "don't use a special weapon". Should I avoid all power-ups that appear during gameplay, like the green "P" block that fills your health, and the one that increases firepower?

3. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow. Thank you. The controls are definitely an area I put a large focus on.

I've had a few folks mention background music, this is something I had in there for a time but it seemed everything got annoying after a while. I may post a few things here. Is there any sort of voting system I can include here for feedback?

4. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    GREAT Question, I need to update that manual to clarify this.

- Grabbing the "P" has no negative impact on your score, however, if you're low on power and you grab the "P", you'll start earning a little more per alien (as if you had never lost power) so you definitely want to grab it.

- Just picking up other items (like a shield or laser) and not using them has no negative impact.

- The bullet doubler that automatically kicks in when you grab it will not negatively impact your score. Feel free to grab and use that to get through the wave of aliens quicker.

5. Anotherkellydown

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying that!

6. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
  7. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Holy crap, I just looked and Galactic Nemesis is "Hot Games" #11 here!

[​IMG]

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hell yea!!!!! Congrats man!!!!! It just had a slow start, that's all. You put that long shafted hashtagNOEN ship in there and watch it go into the top 10 hot new games!

9. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm pretty sure that would make app store history.. Say goodbye to your top spot candy crush!

10. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    #70 wovencharlie, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Promo codes! :-d

Hey Guys,

Here are 5 promo codes for Galactic Nemesis. Feel free to use them for yourself or to send to a friend. DM if you've been unduly harmed by this free promotion. I'll be sure to find a way to make up for it, maybe I can come clean your house, wash your car, or take out your trash. :-D

Please just leave a message with which promo code you're using so people can avoid trying to use the same one. Ideally limit it to one per user to spread the love.

- Charlie

App store link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id940595599?pt=2010570&ct=TAgvawy5&mt=8"

H76W7LMWTYJT
    N9KFNX7AAJ9R
    PPAFJ9MJPLJL
    TK7XMWYLPR6L
    JLT6ELYNK6YY

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Anotherkellydown was awesome enough to gift me this.. Absolutely love it.. Might be my favorite shump yet.. Closest thing to Galaga I've ever played.. Great job Mr. Developer ####.. Now off to try to beat some of my buddies high scores.. Thanks again for the gift my friend

12. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anotherkellydown is too kind!! :)

Thanks Mr Player Luciano, that's quite a compliment!. :D Go forth and conquer!

13. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    #73 wovencharlie, May 3, 2015
    If nobody here wants em, I guess I can just post em on the Twitter or the interwebs. :-D

Link to game if you need it:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id940595599?pt=2010570&ct=TAgvawy5&mt=8"

14. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Thx alot dev! I took TK7XMWYLPR6L.
    Pretty cool game so far. Well done!
    You owe me one ;-)

15. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Grabbed the second code, thanks a ton!

16. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    LOL, just tell me if I need to come clean windows or pick up dog poop. I'll be by in the morning! haha

17. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    No problem!! If you enjoy the game, or hate the game, let me know. :)

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow thank you clarifying this. I better get a move on before you and kelly catch up to my scores lol!

Billy

19. Anotherkellydown

#79 Anotherkellydown, May 3, 2015
    Beat ya to it :D

Still room for improvement for sure though!

20. wovencharlie

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hate to break it to you guys, but you're still are still getting beat by Fauxlina. She's actually a friend of my Nephew's, and she's none too happy about someone is besting her in "Obsolescense. I think she's out for blood!

Full disclosure, she did NOT get a pre-release of the game, but my nephew did tell her about it the day it came out. She's been in beast mode ever since, and found a bug that made me release the 1.01 update (which is why her name is also in the credits / settings page in 1.01 but not in 1.0)!