Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I would like to add, having been so lucky to find pins and Rob was so kind to send me some loot, that the pins, the art and all the eventual additional stuff is pretty awesome.

I fell like a have a special collector version.

So people...if you are interested definitely don't sleep on this and start the hunt!!!

2. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I seem to be stuck...looks like I need a red keycard but haven't come across it yet. I've cleared out everything I can in the location available to me without any luck.

BTW, Devil's Defiler + Deflect Attack is amazing combo. #

3. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

What has happened to you recently? How did you get to where you are? Post a screen if you can, that'd be helpful.

4. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    could you elaborate on the Hunt?
    I'm sure all of us have already found a bunch of pins, so it will basically be a race to post first?

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Yes.. Please explain the hunt. It does sound like it might more of a race to post since those who did find pins might already have a screen shot. Still... Awesome idea!!!!

I'm new to Twitter so I just need to have an account, follow your company, and post a pin? Sorry, in a bit of an older gamer trying to stay young and in the game!!!!

6. gildedskull

Once we start the hunt we'll post something more formal but it'll work something like this: We'll post the name of a pin or pins and the first person (or people) to post a screen of it on Twitter with #gkpinhunt in the post get the pin. We're ironing out the details but those are the basics of it.

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This is so awesome. I love contest. :) I started playing Galactic Keep just last night. I'm moving it to the top of my queue.

8. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I found the game a little slow and in my opinion, the game could use some adjustments.

Controls
    1) double tap to move please: i can not count the number of times i tap to move screen and instead, my character moved instead
    2) my character will not move at all if i tap on a spot that is further than my die roll. It is annoying because then i have to move the screen and count the exact spaces instead. This slows the pace of the game immensely

UI
    1) the swipe controls swipe a little too fast in my opinion. I find i have to hold my finger to keep the cards from speeding by so fast
    2) rather than tap to open the character menu, a swipe up to bring it up would be nice
    3) others have mentioned this before: unable to review combat log
    4) small gripe but the die rolling animation leaves a lot to be desired. My suggestion would be to lock the screen when it is time to roll die and make it such that a swipe left rolls the die towards the left and swipe right rolls the die towards the right hand side of the screen
    5) where is the mini map!

Character selection
    1) there does not seem to be a way to switch characters short of dying intentionally. Would be nice if we could do a "beam me up Scotty" button to swap characters. Perhaps only make this available at safe points

Balance
    1) again mentioned by others, monsters use the stun ability a lot. If you fight an equal lvl opponent, who wins is decided on who goes first and who pulls off a stun first. The stunned opponent essentially wastes turns to heal whilst the stunner keeps on attacking

9. gildedskull

All good feedback. Noted. Some of this is already planned (we're working on minimap and character switching). Thanks!

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome! When does it begin again? So as long as I have a Twitter account and an the first to use your hash tag with a photo of the Lin I might be win? The key is the hashtag?

I'll be flying in Monday and Tuesday but hopefully will have wifi on the flight!

Can you explain where or how I might find pins? I'm new to the game.

11. chuboi

chuboi Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Having fun with this one. Love the old school RPG feel.

Recently however my character died, I was in the process of rolling a new character to save him. Closed the app before finishing the reroll. Now the game crashes instantly every time I select Continue. Have closed the app and restarted on iPhone 6 but still the game crashes. Basically have lost all my progress at level 13 unless a dev can help get me past this.

12. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    Thanks for the info! I'll be on the lookout for your tweets.
    I just finished my first playthrough, had a good roll with Mharnos v34-xt the robot hunter (see attachments).

The game plays well and will appeal to RPG amateurs! The art and the atmosphere are really cool. The few gripes I had with the interface have been mentioned already.
    I really wanted to go with Oern'Sel the timemaster but the first time I died playing with this character I chose Mharnos (and a few times after that), there was so much difference in abilities that I did not switch back (should have chosen to have more endurance!).

Anyway, congrats on this release! Galactic Keep has kept me entertained this whole week and what a release week it was... that must mean something!

Attached Files:

13. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    Pins are found in game as items (loot). When used, the item are considered worn and that's it. I don't know if they are always found in the same place or if there are special conditions to get them.

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Any plan to add GC achievement
    I would love it #

15. gildedskull

A pin can be found in any chest, they are randomly distributed throughout the game with each new game so different pins will be found in different places (almost) every time.

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just started and only played the tutorial so far, I picked Oern I think it was the time master, with the higher intelligence it made it sound more like a Mage sort of class rather than the brute strength warriors. I got lucky on his rolls for stats as I got 9 twice and 8 twice! Although unsure about having put my bonus point in endurance over strength, also I picked the wrap special but after the tutorial wished I'd picked the shield. But I'm guessing I'll find lots more anyway and I can't resist DoT effects.

Just going to grab a snack then I've got a few hours to start the game properly. Well done on just the intro to the game and the quality of the tutorial they have me wanting to play more and were well done.

Although if your adding a proper storage in the future I'll probably chose not to complete the game so I keep all my items and anything I want not just my equipped weapon and special as it is now isn't it?

17. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    What does the d mean for some weapons? For example some weapons have 1d10 or 1d20 etc. I guess it stands for damage but why the 1 in front and number after the d?

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Dice

19. gildedskull

The term '1d10' means one roll of the ten sided die. '2d10' means two roles of a ten sided die. So the damage of a 1d10 weapon adds 1 - 10 to the total damage you'd inflict, 2d10 would add 2 - 20.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Unfortunately died for the first time and when choosing another character my dice rolls were all extremely low so I closed the app and shut it down in multitasking. Now whenever I try to continue game it crashes, tired restarting my device but no luck, when I open multitask again the game shows the image of the character selection with the dice rolled like before I closed it but just crashes all the time trying to actually continue on the app.