Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That does mostly explain it yet and thank you for taking the time to reply. I hope that storage gets into the game then at some point, part of it for me would be wanting to play through over and over to get good loot and store it for the future.

It's almost the weekend for me a little under 16 hours and I'll finally get to play it. Just been playing short burst games in my short free time.

2. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    no one responded to this guy's post from earlier today and i'm seeing the same kind of thing in the videos. and, it's why i'm hesitant to buy this game. anyone care to respond to Markku (and me). thanks...

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    There's definitely some story, but it unfolds fairly slowly (at least in the first few hours), and I wouldn't call it a story-driven game. There's also quite a bit of flavor text and such that might not qualify as "story" but certainly adds flavor.

4. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Here's how I've thought of it. In GK the story is told to you through the environment: What you're looking at, what sounds your hearing and smells you're smelling. So you walk around, killing things, getting killed...but as you're doing this you are learning about the world and the way that it works and the things that are in it.

...And you learn about your mission. Firstly, you can read the module pages at the beginning of the game. They set up the universe and then set up the mission. Humans have been abducted from a nearby colony. The trail leads to a small abandoned outpost, you land there to investigate.

Then you start the game. Once on a map, a short distance from your ship, you are contacted by your organization and the full mission is related to you. Humans were abducted, but there's more. A rebel faction stole a prototype temporal device. The device has something important stashed in it. You must find that thing and it's here.

From there, you're on your own. There's no breadcrumb trail or glowing line, you have to figure it out.

The first map teaches you how to fight, what you can and can't kill, and you get a lot of treasure that will help you on other maps. There are (at least) two 'bosses' on the first map and a couple side maps (one is really large) linked to the opening map that aren't part of the main story but if you complete them you'll be rewarded with gear. There is story while you explore but it's not directly related to your goal. At some point, there's a catalyst event that jumpstarts the story again and you're given a lot more info about the temporal device that you're looking for.

I'll stop it with the long-winded posts now.

5. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    thanks for the information, really explains how this game works.

6. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Thanks for answering that!
    I thought that that was probably the only way at this moment.
    At least I'll have something to look forward too when he dies!

7. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant game. Just wanted to ask why this game has a choppy frame rate? Or is that only on my iPod 5?

8. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    I think it's your device. Things are buttery smooth on an iPad air.

Just finished the campaign too, and it was a great ride. Robots for the win.

9. Trevmayne

Trevmayne Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Super smooth even for me on my crummy 5S.

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    amazing creation. thank you for this, Gilded Skull.

11. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #151 TotallyImba, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Well I was convinced I was going to buy final fantasy 7 but after reading reviews that the port is not brilliant I am tempted to buy this instead.

12. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Let the temptation get to you, fill you and then let it guide you towards to buy button, you won't regret it. ;)

13. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    #153 cooltea, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    I'm not sure the game is ongoing but I'll post this pic of a pin here.

I think the game is great. I'll make sure to post impressions when I can !

EDIT : now I realize it was on the thread announcing Galactic Keep as an upcoming game :-(

Attached Files:

14. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    It is great.
    Downloaded and playing solid since yesterday.
    FFVII can wait.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Concerned that people already finished the game. I'm assuming that is because it is m a board game. I'm assuming it has great repeatability?
    How long does it take to finish one play through? Comments of repeatability...?

16. rayker99

rayker99 Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Developers, my saved game will not load. I click on the continue button and the game closes. Rebooting my phone does not help. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I will just start a new game.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    It takes about 10 - 15 hours to finish for a normal play though. That's solid value for a 4 dollar game. You're talking less $0.40 an hour.

18. gildedskull

We'll be engaging with the pins next week on Twitter, so if you aren't following us on Twitter and you want to be part of 'The Great Pin Hunt' you still have a couple days. We'll be giving out actual pins (and prizes) to people who are the first to post screens of their finds on Twitter, so get ready.

[​IMG]

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Nice! Are you also intending to sell the pins? So we have to use Twitter to be part of the contest?

20. gildedskull

Being part of the hunt will be the only way to get the pins. We tested a version out in the upcoming thread and it went really well! Some testers found a bunch and were the first to post them so they received all that they found plus some original game art and other bonus loot.