Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wow, this is amazing. I've been following this game since 09 or so. It's finally here! Holy crap!

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    It must feel awesome to finally release a game you refused to release before it was ready, after all this time especially. Looking forward to digging in!

3. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    It's amazing to me that this game has come out. I do remember reading about it in 09 when I first registered for the forums on this site.
    Does VeganTNT still come here, is his character still in the game? ;)
    I had to buy it almost through a sense of commemoration and as a reward to the dogged perseverance of the Dev.
    :D

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Anyone on the fence? 5 Star Shaun Musgrave review. :)

5. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    How many install size?

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    608mb.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #67 TotallyImba, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    I am really interested in this game, though I am not sure if it would be my cup of tea as I like fast paced action games. It looks so colourful and I like the idea of loot. What makes this game so special? Does it have boss battles/special enemies that you find in most RPGs

Does this game have iCloud.

8. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this game especially the artwork. Really immersive stuff. I've been playing for a while now but not really sure what my mission is. I blasted through the tutorial and remember an opening storyline but since then I'm just exploring without really knowing why. Can anyone fill me in on the mission or general reason these characters are searching and fighting. Is there even an end goal?

9. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Enjoying the game. But in a fight it happens that 'block' is grayed out and you can' t use it.
    I can't figure out why that is.
    Can someone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

10. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    447mb

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Who?

Anyway, from an early tester that kind of dropped off the radar for a bit, my sincerest congratulations on finally releasing this game! I'm one of those people that have been following it from pretty much the start, and I even got the privilege of testing it. Now I can't wait to dive back in after being "away" for so long. :D

Great work guys!!!!

12. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you're liking the game! Having people finally able to play it and enjoy it is an amazing reward.

The mission objective, in an nutshell, is that your team is tasked with finding a relic that has been hidden/smuggled in a prototype temporal device that was stolen by revolutionaries.

The narrative branches out a lot and like the inspiration for the game (classic tabletop RPGs) it's a catalyst for adventure. At the beginning it's not that important, you are told you have to find 'a thing' but later in the game your objective becomes more apparent.

Having a primary and secondary objective reminder screen would be helpful. It was in the original plans and will become more necessary in future modules so we're likely to add it. In this story, there aren't many mini-objectives to track so it wasn't a necessity.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    It's a great game really
    Been spending 3 hours with this
    But this is hard man
    I mostly die early on
    I'm not even playing the hardcore mode

14. Dittsche

Dittsche Member

Dec 11, 2013
    which Language are supported?

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Bought. No second thoughts. One of the best games ever been on my iDevice

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Noob question but by the looks does it play like Hunters sortof? I know it's turn based and all. It really looks like a blast but might have to wait for a while until I can get more time to sink into this one. I don't want to disrespect it by downloading it and not being able to giving it a proper go

17. Skvar

Skvar Active Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Okay just to let you know of a save corrupting bug. I have been able to replicate it twice in a row. First member of the squad dies. I pick another squad member, the dice roll. Player sees results and manually stops the game before even touching the dice. On restart the save data is corrupted and the continue option crashes the game. I am not upset because I die often and I was trying to game the game. ;) But I would hate to see someone's hard earned game get corrupted. 6plus on 8.4

18. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    So if your last character dies, you go back to the absolute beginning of the game? Or does each new spawn point become the starting point of every new game?

Sorry, a little confused...

19. idaveharris

Feb 13, 2013
    Anyone know what's the deal with Game Center. It says it's enabled but no achievements or leaderboards. Something that will be added?

20. idaveharris

Feb 13, 2013
    Thanks. This game is definitely a labour of love. Happy to pay something back.