Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Progress Update and News!

Hello galactic adventurers! We wanted to give you an update on our progress and share a few crumbs of info about it, plus we have a few pieces of interesting news for people who haven't played Galactic Keep as well as long-time followers and players alike.

[​IMG]

Firstly, the update! We have been feverishly working on the next large update to Galactic Keep that will contain a new module titled 'The Healing Thorn'. As we had mentioned before, there are quite a few new things we’re working on for this huge update. Many new weapons, specials and items are being added (traps were noted in a previous post, we're also adding gauss weapons and a variety of explosive and balthwot-related special attacks, among other things). There will be a new playable species: the BALTHWOT. They are distant relatives to the pakall and are known to be ‘zealots’ with a healthy love of explosives. We are packing the new maps with interesting challenges along with lots of lore and loot to discover. We don't have a release date for the new module as of yet, we think it's a matter of months at this point. If it starts taking too long (it's already been quite a while!), we may break it into two parts...

[​IMG]

Secondly, a few weeks back we challenged ourselves to a 'game jam' of sorts. We have been working on Galactic Keep for (literally) years so as a change of pace we decided to work on a micro-scale side project that could be completed in several weeks. It has been a lot of fun to be able to switch gears on a daily basis and 'refresh' by making something that's a bit different. As I mentioned, it is a very small-scale game...but it is tangentially related to Galactic Keep, it involves 'battles'. It's a one player game, but if there's interest we have devised a two player mode. Honestly, it's going to come completely out of left-field. People are going to think it's odd...but I suppose that's kind of the point! There’s no timeline for release. We have a mostly-working version that needs some polish but getting it done fast is the point so we're hoping it will be out into the world soon! We will keep you updated, maybe in a new thread once we're ready to divulge more information.

[​IMG]

Lastly, in honor of the Memorial Day holiday weekend in the US, we are dropping the price on Galactic Keep by 25% (that's a whole BUCK! ;) ) until Tuesday. We rarely have sales on GK, so this is a good time to get it if you haven't already. Please tell your friends about it if you enjoyed playing and help us to keep providing more updates and content!

[​IMG]

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I need this NOW!!!!

Thanks for the info, can't wait for new adventures, new things, anything!!!
    Spreading the word right now!!!

3. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Bought! Will wait for the update to start playing

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    More, more, more. Oh wait more is coming? Awesome!

5. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I can't wait! This brilliant game with a Star Frontiers flavor is in my top 3 iOS games of all time! Absolutely excited for new content and the awesome new story module!! Please never stop developing amazing new modules for this timeless game!! Thank you for all you're doing to expand Galactic Keep into the epic it deserves to be!

6. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    !!!

Well, this is exciting! I was going through my "Favorites" folder on my phone and saw GK and thought, "Wow, it's been a while." Fired it up and still love it even though I've beaten the first mod 50+ times. Decided on a whim to see if there was news on new mods. So happy to hear that there is. Quick note, though. The first place I checked to see how things were going was the GK website. There's no mention of the upcoming mod there. Might be a good idea to post something there in case people don't find this post on TouchArcade.

7. Darklloyd777

Darklloyd777 Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Just got the game today, was not disappointed!
    Btw will the new modules be IAP?

8. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Looking forward too more content. Keep up the hard work people :)

9. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    The Blinding Blade

Ok, so I am replaying the game for the 3rd time and each time I beat the stranger and get the blinding blade it always disappears from my inventory. Am I missing something? Or are we just not meant to keep it? Also what happens when the new level comes out can we not keep the weapon? Also where is this guy teleporting his dead body to? Or did he live and we will be seeing more of his character in the future?

10. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    Pins?

Can someone please explain pins to me? I am replaying for the 3rd time and haven't run in to them. Are they items? Achievements?

11. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm also looking for a walk through. if to find one let me know.

12. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    #632 Olivia.Mutant.John, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Found the bubbles pin and I have no idea what it does or any of the pins Do. I have badlakes, buffalo, wizard, BakTiel Kranorts, porthole, Worried raklen and several others and I wear 3 at a time (as many as the game will let me) and I have noticed no difference in gameplay are there special combinations? Will we ever know what they do?!!!

13. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    Full gas can

Im on my 4th play through and still haven't found a use for the full gas can! Help!

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Pretty sure it's for the chainsaw in the Edison mansion.

15. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    This is a joke right?!! It's funny, but I really want to find out about this.

16. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Will we wait as long for the next module as we did for the original game... Hmm... :)

17. tacomaverick

tacomaverick New Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Temporal Cores?

I have gone everywhere I can, and have the three temporal cores, but I can't for the life of my figure out what to do with them, the storage chip, or coordinates on the Green Note. Help me please! It's driving me nuts.:D

18. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    There is a door that needs a yellow key in the top left corner of the room you got the cores, go through that door the rest is pretty straight forward.

19. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Awesome game.

Kinda broke it on normal difficulty level, using the robot and buffing him with stat modifiers + weapon mods (he also have the highest dam starter weapon and the '25% dam' enemy debuff is also great).
    -just steamrolled the last third part of the game, after having being killed a lot in the first 1/3.

But still had a lot of fun with exploring, finding hidden areas and simply trying to find my way around the map.

20. Olivia.Mutant.John

Aug 3, 2016
    Update?!

Anyone have any news on when the new update is happening?