Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks for answer. I beat him :) game itself looks like hand drawn.

2. Liquidfox

Liquidfox Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 13, 2010
    Any updates on the next module? Thanks in advance!

3. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

The next module will be big. It's pretty much Galactic Keep 2.0. There'll be new playable characters (a new playable species), several game-changing new mechanics and a ton of new weapons and specials. The next module will have a very story-driven path. There will be large areas to explore but we're trying to keep the story in this module a bit more focused. We'd like the choices you make to have a greater impact on the overall story. We're also trying to develop items and specials that will allow characters to find multiple solutions problems and that will create new ways to play the game. More info (and maybe images) soon.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    OMG.

I'm SUPER HYPED.

More story?
    OH YEAH!!!! (I loved already the setting and story in GK).

I'm afraid to ask, so I won't
    ask for a tentative timeframe, even the year would be ok

I'm SO SO HYPED all over again!!!!
    Can't wait!!!
    I'll be there on day one!!!

5. gildedskull

We're going to try very, very hard to
    release it this year. The sooner the better, as far as we're concerned
    . We're likely going to add to the first module too (considering the new playable species and mechanics/items). Speaking of which, we've just finished coding a new set of items that add a new mechanic and I'm insanely excited to show them off...but they need a few more graphic touches. Soon!

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Don't say a word more about the timeframe and release!!!!!

Can't really wait...the heavy story part and multiple solutions to problems already is too much hype to contain!!!
    Really looking forward to it (as I'm sure everyone who completed the original game).

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    GSGKDB2.0OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!1!!!!eleven

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it! \:D/

8. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I'll instabuy anything Galactic Keep!

9. sbj-in-az

sbj-in-az Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Spelling Error - Tehrak Council

Hi,

As I step out of the teleporter area and into the "refurbished ancient building" where the two clans of Tehrak's are having a meeting, I am informed that an explosion has damaged an area of the building "The explosion destroyed a lode bearing wall" Lode is the wrong word. It should say "The explosion destroyed a load bearing wall." Lode and Load are homophones (Sound the same but are spelled differently and mean different things).

Thanks for making a cool game. I'm on my second play-through and still enjoying it.

Seymour

10. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Will we ever see procedural maps? I bought the game around release despite knowing that i'm really only interested in games with randomized environments rather than story driven campaigns these days. Still don't regret buying it as I wanted to check it out.

11. gildedskull

There's always a chance that Galactic Keep could have procedurally generated maps. Our editor is tile based and all the map elements are separate from the base tiles and could be positioned with code. There would likely be a lot less narration and that's what we have been focusing on (story would appear at the beginning and at various 'preset' location in the randomly generated map). For now, we're focusing on hand-crafted content but it's not totally out of the question in the somewhat distant future.

12. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    There are a LOT of procedurally generated RPGs; there's NOTHING else quite like GK.

13. Liquidfox

Liquidfox Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 13, 2010
    Would it be possible to have an update on the next module release please?

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    OOOOOOOOOO

I'm already drooling.

15. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
  16. gildedskull

We're currently working on traps and explosives. There will be several types of traps available, a lot of them are specifically for the hunter class but there are a couple that can be used by all classes. They can cause light damaging and 'restrain' a victim, trapping them for several turns, or can cause a lot of damage across a large area. There is a sonic beacon trap that will 'call' beasts to it for 4 turns (making the creatures ignore the player). Using the beacon together with another trap can be quite effective!

All traps can also be used against the player. If the player is caught in a trap that holds them, they can choose to make a strength check, take a set amount of damage to escape or just wait it out. Tools (a multi-tool, wrench etc.) can also be used to dismantle a trap that you have been caught in.

Below is an example of the most devastating explosive, the mini-nuke.

[​IMG]

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    This is awesome.

AWESOME.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I wound up clearing space and installing this on my newer phone a couple days ago. Decided to take a stab at Hardcore mode and now, I don't think I canto back to normal mode. I'm super glad it was there, I don't think I would have been able to really learn the ins and outs without the ability to revive teammates... But I've turned into a glutton for punishment, so to speak, with video game difficulties over the last couple years (it all started with the permadeath difficulty in Warhammer Quest. This is also the main reason I'm so into Roguelikes now...). But now the game is really opening up its strategic side... And I LOVE it.

Anyway... The update sounds and looks incredible. It's great to hear that the development is moving along pretty smoothly (at least it sounds that way). It really sounds like it'll be well worth the wait. =oD

19. Dannymc1989

Dannymc1989 Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Is there actually any use for either of the gas cans. I've been all over and I'm pretty sure I can't find anything.