Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Where are you now? Here's a somewhat vague description of where the end of the module is:

If you go to the map with the main scientist, there's a door to an elevator that will bring you to a map where you can find a special teleporter.

Does that help?

2. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Nope, the items are gone from my inventory. Of the items I put into the hub, I specifically recall a modified pistol. That item is no longer in my inventory, and the hub is empty. Seems all the stuff I put in there is just gone now. Should've been less trusting in hindsight.

3. gildedskull

We're looking into this. We've tested the item storage quite thoroughly for several weeks but a scenario could certainly have slipped past our testing. To anyone else: Please let us know if you've seen anything weird with the item storage.

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #564 Solarclipse, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Yeah, I had maybe 10-15 items in there. I dropped in a couple endurance modifiers because I had capped out...when I came back (to a different hub) my locker was empty!

I may wait to finish this module until this bug is fixed, because I found something super exciting! Plans for making time spheres? I wonder how many more items I need, and if they can all be found in this module.

I noticed some other items which seem new—a P laser rifle v3 which has 70% damage, and a laser sword with 58% damage and 12 block for Ethelians....which is awesome with the sword battery mod: -24 enemy damage! Really useful against enemies that can stun you.

One thing of note is that I frequently move accidentally when trying to open items or the menu. This is more of an issue on my 6s plus than my ipad, but I remember it happening on the ipad too. Maybe a little mask behind the button that doesn't interpret touch as a move would work.

Excited about new items but even more for new modules :)

Attached Files:

5. Eldrane

Eldrane New Member

Jul 8, 2012
    End Game

Ok, found the map and am being asked for the coordinates, I think I've been everywhere but have not noticed these, have I missed a map where they can be found?

6. Eldrane

Eldrane New Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Finished

Ok thanks, found the coordinates and completed the module...
    Anyone know when we can expect to see the next module?

7. gildedskull

We have some good news and bad news.

The good news is that the loss of items was related to cloud saving/loading and we have managed to fix the problem. After restarting your game (make sure you are connected to gamecenter and iCloud), things can now be saved without worrying that they will be lost. If you were burned, you may want to test out the persistent storage a bit with some 'common' items to assure yourself.

The bad news is that items that were lost fell through what amounts to a rip in space-time and were likely expelled into a different temporal thread. Temporal technology is erratic at best and unstable at worst, even with the most recent advances. The Coalition passes along their most sincere apologies but they are unable to retrieve any items that were lost.

8. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    This game continues to be wonderful.

9. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Lol! Yeah, temporal technology seems like something that needs to bear improbability. I was not even thinking I had a chance of getting them back.

But you were able to fix the problem without an update? How cool! Back to it, then.

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Finally beat this excellent RPG using Trave throughout. Can't wait for the next module...hopefully modules!

11. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    any plans for android?? I really want to give this game a try

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hehe, Trave rocks! :cool:

13. gildedskull

Yes, we are planning to port to Android...but we'd like to complete the 'expansion' (the next module) first. There seems to be a lot of interest so it's a possibility we could parallel-path both.

14. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    excellent! Ill keep my eyes open for it

15. kid

kid Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    #575 kid, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    love this game. I just finished my third play through, I found new areas each time I played it, although I think I've been everywhere now.

one thing that seems to be missing though is the ability to browse my characters/weapons/pins. the only time I seem to be able to browse through the characters is during selection at the start of a game or if I die and have to choose another. It would be nice to be able to just browse through to see their stats, an option from the main screen perhaps? same goes for items, in particular the pins. it would be nice to browse my pin collection and all the different weapons etc that I've collected.

also, will the next module be free or not? I'd rather pay for extra modules if it means you'll keep working on them rather than the next one be free but then no more.

16. kid

kid Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Ive encountered a bug. if I am disarmed in combat and try to re-equip the same weapon on my next turn the game crashes and sends me back to the home screen. it is repeatable, happens every time I try it. I have to equip a different weapon to get around it.

17. gildedskull

Totally legit. We're working on it.

18. kid

kid Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    is there a use for the gas can?

19. AndrewPM

AndrewPM Member

Mar 21, 2014
    I just came in here looking for the answer to that question!

20. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #580 Gurney Halleck, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Sweet as!! I am so excited for the next module! I don't want additional modules to ever stop coming for this gem of a game. Galactic Keep is by far my favorite nostalgiac RPG experience I have had on iOS thus far and I don't ever want it to leave my device. This games style and gameplay will always appeal to me and I would gladly pay for additional modules, expansions, sequels, or anything else you do with this genius formula!

Also, if for some unknowably bizarre reason you are reading this, but have yet to play Galactic Keep then please smash the buy button immediately and dive into this unparalleled and original RPG experience!

My hat is off to you Guilded Skull. I bought this right at release and still replay it regularly. It's just that good!

Sidenote: I am also in the "what do I do with the empty gas can" camp.