Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    That great. I'm actually waiting for the next update too so I can continue my search for pins.

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You'll need a doctors prescription, if you catch my drift. It's probably still in his cold hands...

3. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

The newest update was just approved and should go live soon!

It should fix:

- Any progression issues related to objective targets (eg. Not being able to use a teleporter; not being able to leave the initial map)

- Stuck at the red door issue

- Other possible critical issues that were stopping progression

If you're currently experiencing a problem, please let us know if this update fixes the issues you have!

4. Cort169

Cort169 New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Thank you

Thank you for the update the green key bug is fixed

5. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Yup! My issue resolved also... now I can get back to cheating at the starting attribute rolls.

Everyone remember to re-post reviews!

6. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    How do you do that?

7. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    The rolls are only locked in once the previous game has been beaten. If you cloud-save right before finishing the first module, you can reload over and over to get an acceptable roll.

8. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    #468 somedumbgamer, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Nice! I always like having a "reroll"option when creating characters in any RPG. Thanks for the tip!

9. gildedskull

We considered it several times, even made the art for it, but have always decided against it. The biggest argument against re-rolling: 'What good is having randomization if it doesn't have real consequences?'

10. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    I respect your decision, but if Im going to invest a lot of time in a game, Id rather not get stuck or struggle later on if my character is too weak.

11. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Agree 110% Pitta! This is my Game of the Year without contest! And there is some terrific competition this year! Well done Gilded Skull! I haven't had this much fun playing a video game in ages!

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok I may be being really daft here but I've just started playing this and I keep getting killed by the first enemy in the tutorial..... I'm not sure if or what I'm doing wrong but firstly I'm not seeing the dice rolling on every turn and my option to block or use special seem to be greyed out.

Am I doing something really wrong?

13. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    I have problems with the cloud save - it's not working anymore. When I go to the options it's telling me: "unable to connect ". Is this a Game Center problem or is this a bug in the app?

14. gildedskull

As you play through the tutorial the other battle options will open up (each is explained as it becomes available). It's a bit troubling that you are dying that early, but there's no penalty for dying in the tutorial and the enemy should still be damaged when you attack them again.

You see the dice roll for initiative (the first roll) but not after that, it'd make the battles really long if you saw the roll on each attack. With each turn, the die rolls but you don't see it. Your attack damage is calculated by adding your strength plus your weapon plus one roll of the 10 sided die.

15. gildedskull

From what we have tested and seen, it is working. Please, anyone else who has used the iCloud save, chime in and and let us know if it's working for you.

It could be any number of problems, you need to have Gamecenter turned on and you must be logged in. iCloud Drive must be on. You need to be actively connected to wifi or (on a phone) to the network (obviously).

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Aaah ok thank you! I actually bought it on day 1, played through the tutorial with no issues and put it down and never came back to it.... (Time constraints not because I didn't like it). I didn't realise if I attacked after dying the enemy would still be wounded

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I gave it a test and it's working for me now! I can finish the module. I'm too backed up with work for the next few weeks to play another module through though...I don't do well with short spurts in these kinds of games.

18. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Ok, now it works after I turned on iCloud Drive. Thanks for the hint! Since when has iCloud Drive to be turned on? I have never used this before and cloud save worked fine without it.

19. gildedskull

In the documentation, Apple has always said that it was required but there may have been a bug that let the iCloud save work without the iCloud drive active before iOS9 (possibly...just hazarding a guess).

20. gildedskull

We're officially restarting the pin hunt. Now that the latest update (1.5) is live and there aren't 'progression issues' we're good to go! Sometime within the next couple days we will post another grouping of pins to hunt for...but for now, the one left to find is the BUBBLES PIN:

[​IMG]