Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

#421 gildedskull, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Currently you keep items that are equipped and leave the rest behind when you finish the second playthrough. This has been changed in the next update (pending Apple approval), after the update you will keep most weapons and specials (you lose the really bad and common ones and the Blinding Blade, which is a unique weapon). You will also lose mission-specific items, keys, healing items and grenades. Currently you can lose your pins but after the update you won't be able to. Let me know and we can clarify further.

We're still defining how other modules will work but here's how we're planning it: When you chose to continue you'd be brought to the module select screen. If you start a new module, you can't select to play the characters who are in other modules (or characters who are dead in those modules), you could have several modules 'in play' at the same time with different characters adventuring in them.

2. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Here's 'Uman Skull.

Attached Files:

3. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    Hi Devs,

I just strárted playing and it's needless to say: I'm lovin' it!

But what really ain't good is the overview you get on an iPhone 5. The only view I get is a 3x5 tile view. Could you please either add a zoom (in/out) functionality or add a map view? That would be most generous...

Looking forward to the Apple approved update...

Cheers,

Sven

4. gildedskull

Hey Sven, good to hear. We're working on a map zoom right now. We decided to go in that direction as the mini-map seemed too 'stationary' and pinch zooming on iOS is a no-brainer. More on that soon.

5. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    Pinch zooming would be great!

BTW: Does the resolution change on an iPhone 6s Plus?

6. gildedskull

The UI is roughly the same size as on other devices as is the map, you just see more of it (on the larger screen).

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Perfect!

8. gildedskull

The newest update, 1.4, is live! It has all sorts of good stuff in it but the most notable things are:

- Revisit the opening map easily (no more red keycard, if you have one already, there's nothing to use it on...all red keycard doors are gone)

- 'Fast roll' in options: With fast roll, die animation is shortened and it auto-rolls on your turn.

- Items stay after second play through

- Several character and enemy specials have been balanced

9. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thank you for the update! Really enjoying this!

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    My only problem with this game is that it is such a memory hog honestly that's it other then that it is absolutely amazing

11. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Hm, possible bug report? I had a cloud saved game one space away from finishing the module. When I reloaded the game, the target circle on the teleporter is just... gone. I'm not sure if I can beat the game now?

12. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Same problem here. Very sad : ( How am I gonna continue my pin hunt? I've only got 29. Anyway, image of nonworking teleporter attached. Looked around for a plot point change like a new place to each of the cores. No luck.

Attached Files:

13. gildedskull

This is something that was introduced in the latest update and we're looking into it. Seems to be happening in older iCloud saves where you have reached the last (lab) map. Our apologies, keep your iCloud saves!

14. gildedskull

Turns out it's happening with all objective targets. It has to do with the fix that we made to allow players to go back to the opening map (and clearing out objectives there so that the events in the opening map aren't re-triggered). Objective targets may not appear when resuming a saved game.

When fixed, all targets/objectives will reappear but for now, if you update to 1.4, you might not be able to progress past objectives

We're going to submit an update as soon as we can to fix it.

15. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Is there sufficient depth to the combat that it warrants multiple playthroughs just to test out different combinations and play styles? I know this doesn't have procedural level generation, but neither do games like FFT and you can play that forever just to test different things . This looks great but replay value is the main thing for me.

16. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    At the moment, I'd say so, and there have been plenty of folks in this forum who have played 3 or more times just to try out different characters. I think there's at least a big difference between robot characters and other characters, but individual special attacks are also pretty widely different from each other. The characters' classes seemed to be less important than their race and special, but that might just be me.

The reason I say "at the moment" is because it seems likely that the devs are going to release an expansion to the game in the not-so-distant future that will significantly increase the game's length beyond the (adequate? generous?) length it is now.

I place a VERY high value on replayability, and I was pleased with this purchase.

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    There are some weapons and specials that only certain classes can use, just as is the case with race. For example a time masters have a weapons that disarms the opponent, and the orbis which reduces the enemy strength to 10 (no matter how strong they are), reduced damage by 10, and does residual damage...add that with a special of healing every turn and you will wear down most opponents. The strength reduction also means enemies don't heal as much from blocking. There's a lot going on there!

I had put the game down for a bit because work has been very demanding but I too have been hit by the no teleported at the end bug.

18. Archimedes

Oct 7, 2010
    15+ playthroughs

I can say, with certainty, that there is a whole lot of depth to the combat. The balance is just right so that, at best, on your first play through with a new character, you'll feel as if you're always about to perish. You have to juggle different specials, items, weapons, and avoidance strategies just to squeak by. That's how it should be and it makes your ultimate victory that much more rewarding.

19. Archimedes

Oct 7, 2010
    Buy it anyway!

One more note:

Even though the game is currently having issues with latest patch, it sounds like it will only affect players with existing cloud saves. That means new players won't be affected. Do yourself a favor and buy this game.

Are you the kind of person who doesn't like today's popular f2p models? Do you enjoy deep strategy and compelling art design. Well, then this is a love note from an app dev written for gamers like you. Engross yourself in the characters, setting, and $&@€ing superb storytelling. You will not regret this purchase.