Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I already have all those pins...tempted to post the screenshots :p

I'm joking of course...I have the pins but I do not want to partecipate but I urge everyone to do so...the actual pins (which Rob Lemon was so kind to send me already long ago) are truly great.

2. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    #402 vogelmann, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Here is my Deserter Pin. :)

[​IMG]

3. Faultyairlock

Faultyairlock Active Member

Mar 18, 2015
    The pins are awesome. I got a few from beta testing and I have found a couple more, but I'll refrain from posting pics as I have my share already.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I am hugely impressed by all the polish and thought that has gone into this product, the theme and atmosphere and feel are all brilliant and brilliantly evocative, and it might be one of the most attractive games ever made...

...BUT I'm simply not having much fun.

Perhaps the exploration is just a bit too static and focused for my taste (containers and some few transitional points all just feel like preparation for the next battle). And the combat is definitively too simplistic for my taste, all the combat use items notwithstanding (even after 5+ hours and stuff enough to make even Guybrush's infinite coat pocket overflow, the structure and strategy of battles never changed, and the only challenge I ever faced where unproportional stats).

Had there been a greater focus on narrative and dramatic choice, the rigid combat structure might not have mattered, and had the turn-based battles offered more layers and relevant choice, I could have romped about the intraplanetary badlands just for the next fight. But this inbetweeness just isn't pushing either my RPG or TBS buttons.

Strangely enough, I'm still kinda happy I bought it. Just launching it, studying the design and presentation, and jumping into the game for the first time was worth those few dollars :)

5. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Thanks for your impressions. Definitely some thoughts that we'll ruminate over. Out of curiosity, where are you in the game, what map are you currently on?

6. gildedskull

There are FIVE pins left to claim: Bubbles, Rodge, Buffalo, Skybolts and the 'Uman Skull

Don't be afraid to post if you've already won pins, this is a new deal ;)

[​IMG]

7. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #407 raravan, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    trave rek for the win.

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    How do you get pins? I've still not decided on this game yet. Can anyone convince me?

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    You randomly find them in treasure chest (I think it's random). I can't convince you but I'm really enjoying playing it. :)

10. aldeth84

aldeth84 Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Wow, I didn't know there were so many pins. I found 6 pins so far. Here is the Rodge Pin:

[​IMG]

Love the game!

11. Tampa92

Tampa92 New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Skybolts Pin

Here's my pin!

Attached Files:

12. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Can anyone give me a (spoiler free) idea of how long this game is? I'm loving it and seem to have been playing for ages and I'm not sure how much more I've got to go. I've just picked up a 2nd temporal core and I think am looking for a third.

I absolutely love this game....brings back memories of the fantasy board games I was playing in the 1980's, and gives me a decidedly 'feel-good' factor (despite the many deaths my characters are facing!)

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    You're very, very warm. Almost there. Take your time and enjoy... :)

14. gildedskull

Down to THREE pins left: Bubbles, Buffalo, and the 'Uman Skull!

[​IMG]

15. Grail

Grail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    #415 Grail, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Just got the buffalo pin and would like to claim it :) got my character to level 21 on hardcore without turning it off which was fun way to hunt for one of the three remaining.

Attached Files:

16. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Just wondering, I'm on my second play through but don't have the pin I found on my first play through. Does this mean I've lost it? All my characters have the upgraded stats from first play through so was wondering where all my items and weapons are from first play through.

17. Grail

Grail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    From my understanding you only keep what you are wearing when you end the module, so any weapons or pins etc you had but didn't have actively equipped likely are lost.

18. idaveharris

Feb 13, 2013
    Hey you're right! Thanks #

19. idaveharris

Feb 13, 2013
    Just been reading through the last few pages of the forums. If I'm correct, should I be worried about finishing a second play through? It sounds as if I will lose items and weapons. Is that what's meant to happen, or should I wait until an update fixes this?

Also, this may just be me, but was wondering what happens when a new chapter is released. Would I have to finish the play through of the first (even if I'd completed it before) or do you think they'll be a way of choosing the new chapter.

20. Grail

Grail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    I've been through my play through multiple times in a row now with no item loss bar the usual non equipped so for me at least I haven't encountered any weapon loss second play thorough and all.

As for chapter selection when you choose the module that is currently available there is one next to it saying coming soon so I assume that as long as you are not mid-module then you will have a choice of which one to play. You may have to finish your module if you are in the middle of it though.