Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Everyone remember to re-review the game!!

2. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Amazing!
    Downloaded the update, gotten the wallpaper on my phone, life is good!
    Thanks guys!

3. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    With all due respect to GS, a neat way of getting around the new restriction on re-rolling is to cloud save immediately before completing the module, and then re-loading, restarting, and re-rolling. :D

4. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I'm in the middle of a second playthrough and I'm using a different character. If I quit/restart this game, do I also lose all of the experience & loot my other character gained from playing through the first time?

I ask because I really enjoyed that first character and would prefer to run him through again with all of his high stats and shiny gear.

5. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Yeah, you do lose all your stats, You keep unlocked characters, but that's all that carries over into "New Game." Now, if you were to die with eqch character and therefore lose, I'm not sure what would happen...

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Just get killed. ;)

7. Ayoon

Ayoon Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Does the update released yesterday fix the bug with second play throughs? (I.e. Potential for lost stats/equipment after second completion)

8. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

#388 gildedskull, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Sadly, it does not. It required a pretty large overhaul to the module system and we didn't want to wait to get the first update out. Along with making sure that items were transferred after several playthroughs, the next update will also have:

- 'Fast roll' option: When it is selected the roll animation is shortened, auto roll upon your turn (no tap necessary)
    - You will be able to return to the opening map (this was surprisingly difficult!)
    - Fixed and revised individual character attribute caps (more on that later)
    - Made poison damage organics only (throughout)
    - Various crash other fixes

We are finished this update (all the things above) and are testing it. We should be submitting it very soon.

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Maybe it's just me but the character system is a little different. If you're playing on expert mode and get half way through your game and die shouldn't the game just be over. Bringing in a new level 6 character seems kind of pointless since it's not going to be capable to continue on. Am I missing something?

10. gildedskull

#390 gildedskull, Sep 4, 2015
    You can still retrieve the dead characters items, they are left behind as treasure, but you can't ever revive the character that died (unless you start a completely new game). You are starting back as a L6 character but they can survive. Also, if you find it too punishing, you can switch hardcore off (and back on again any time you'd like) from the options.

11. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I know it's still early days, but I'm so looking forward to the day the next module hits. Definitely number one with a bullet on my most anticipated list.

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    So it sounds like the vault for sharing items across different characters is a 1.05 update, right? # well, these are some great improvements nonetheless. Please don't add in the level cap until a new module is out though...some of us will be stuck :) I've almost finished my fourth playthrough and am slow in down now. Wanted to be able to stick my cool assortment of timemaster weapons with me :)

What are the rules on what sticks with your character at this time? You said the best weapon I think—how is that decided?

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #393 klink, Sep 4, 2015
    Thanks. An idea for Galactic Keep 2 (yes you're going to make it) is have a group of adventures. So if one them dies and it's replaced the rest of the team can help protect it until it levels up.

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great stuff, I'm hooked in.

15. gildedskull

#395 gildedskull, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Yes, the vault should be in the 1.05 update.

The playthrough fix will be in 1.04. The level cap will too...but it's not too bad. It's necessary for future (and current) gameplay. It was something that we had planned for a long time. We needed to get the game out so it was pushed aside. As others have noted, it's pretty important.

The way it works is that the maximum stat that a character can have is 35. Based on a characters base stats (the ones seen on the cards before you roll the character), their 'personal' max stat for an attribute can be lower. If their base stat is 12 or higher, the max stat for that attribute will be 35. If the base stat is 11 the max would be 34. If it’s 10, the max would be 33, if it’s 9 the max would be 32 etc. Here are all the characters max stats as they will be in forthcoming version of the game:

Main Character Max Stats (not really a spoiler because you can figure them out yourselves with some simple math)
    BalKyn: s=35, i=28, l=27, e=29
    Larine: s=31, i=32, l=34, e=28
    Trave: s=32, i=34, l=33, e=27
    Casper: s=30, i=31, l=35, e=28
    Mharnos: s=34, i=32, l=25, e=35
    Oern'Sel: s=30, i=35, l=25, e=29
    Thom: s=33, i=31, l=28, e=26

This means that, for example, only Mharnos will be able to receive the final endurance bonus that's granted when a character reaches 35 endurance. Poor Thom and Larine, because they are human, will never be able to get 35 in anything (neither will Trave...but, really, he doesn't need to).

This is the way that it works in the 'live' build of the game: Your character keeps the weapon and special that are equipped upon completing the 2nd playthrough. In later playthroughs, other characters who have completed the module keep the weapons and specials they completed the module with (I think...we've been testing it a lot, with various devices and old saves, new builds...this required a lot of testing, as you can imagine).

16. gildedskull

...and the plan is to up the level and max attributes in later modules.

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I see, so it's like a handicap? You can do the module but with these limitations?

18. gildedskull

Kind of. The goal was to allow for characters to be able to 'max out' in different ways. We wanted to continue to have attribute modifiers in subsequent playthroughs but we didn't want all characters to max out at 35 across all their stats and all end up the same (if you attempted to max them all out). We didn't expect players to grind the attribute mods. In the end, grinding mods isn't really the point of the game. This way doesn't allow for your initial roll level-up customizations to shine through. We may adopt a different way to do this down the road, for sure, but for now this is how it'll be.

19. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Fun game ....beat it within about a day and half, wish more modules were here. Now it just sits on my iPad.

20. gildedskull

Great galactic keep pin hunt!

The GREAT GALACTIC KEEP PIN HUNT has begun!

[​IMG]

There are currently over 30 pins to find in the game. They can be found in some chests, randomized into the loot. Over the next few weeks, we will be calling out particular pins on Twitter and here in the Touch Arcade forums and if you are one of the first to post your own in-game screenshot of the pin, we'll send it to you along with some other loot!

The first pin to find on Twitter is the Hidden Invader Pin. Be one of the first three people to tweet your own in-game screen of the pin with the hashtag #invader0908 and @gildedskull to get it!

[​IMG]

Here on Touch Arcade we're going to request SIX other pins this week! If you are the first to post your own in-game screenshot of any one of them here, in this thread, we'll send it to you (with some other loot)! Here are the pins we are looking for: Bubbles Pin, Rodge Pin, Deserter Pin, Buffalo Pin, Skybolts Pin and the 'Uman Skull Pin

[​IMG]

(NOTE: hashtags aren't required in your Touch Arcade post)

If you have any questions at all, please let us know! Happy Hunting!

FULL RULES