Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

You're not really missing anything, the red keycard is used to get into the cavern area from the first map (earlier) and back to the first map. We're going to get rid of the red keycard/doors in an update (working on it right now).

The red keycard doors are only there to prevent getting back to that first map...as there are story, art and tech concerns with going back there...so don't worry too much.

2. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    So i just finished the module. What happens if i click on new game? Does it erase all my characters and those i have unlocked?

Does initial attribute roll not matter then if i can keep replaying the modules to get more permanent attribute buffs for my characters?

3. gildedskull

#343 gildedskull, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    (EDIT): Re-read your question and YES, if you select 'NEW GAME' all your characters will be reset but you will have access to the characters that you have unlocked.

You keep all your characters and those you have unlocked if you select to 'CONTINUE'. There is a bug where if you complete the module a second time, you may lose your items (including pins). We just fixed that this morning, it will be part of the next update, so you may want to wait before fully completing the module a second time.

The initial attribute rolls matter, if just for the fact that you will play through the module with those stats. Attribute mods randomly appear in loot (usually) so there's no guarantee that you'll get them...but you could play through the module multiple times to level and mod stats, yes.

4. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Does this game need Internet to play

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #345 klink, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    I finished the game for the first time on easy mode. Time for the second play through on hard mode. I'm starting to build up a collection of pins.

@GildedSkull Are you still planning to run a pin finding contest?

I have a couple questions.
    1) do you need to take the item buff's during battle or can you take them whenever? Taking them during battle spends a turn so I'm not sure it's helpful.

2) Trave doesn't seem to heal while resting. How come?

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I've got Trave healing while resting here..... (Thankfully! I would have died a long time ago if it wasn't working!)

7. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Nope... Only to read this thread for help ;)

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Blast! Are you playing on hardcore mode? My endurance is only 16. Is that a factor?

9. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Honestly wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this game.....but I absolutely love it now. My first two games were horrible, my second play through I killed everyone on my team (I'm very aggressive and not patient). Now I'm picking up my n the combat and how to effectively use weapon mods and dice rolls. I enjoy the art and what lore there is, hoping the other modules will dig deeper on what's going on. It is a pain when there's no enemies and you have to keep dice rolling to move across the board, but at this time I have no real complaints. For folks who don't like random, just realize, dice mean everything in this game. Otherwise haven't died yet with my reouge and cannot wait to finish this game and see what other awesome content comes out!

10. gildedskull

You can take buffs outside of combat, they'll be active for your next battle.

Left over moves don't heal in hardcore mode. It's hardcore! You can turn it off in options if you want to, but you're likely going to be okay if you're playing Trave...just use your healing items sparingly and block strategically.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #351 klink, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    That certainly makes things interesting.

I might be crazy but I'm not insane. Trave is a baller!

12. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Well that's excellent news!!! I just started my second playthrough and noticed another two red doors and a gold door I can't access, despite having cleaned out the map area (except for the Freyr bot with the sonic weapon who zaps you and ends the whole map). I was getting annoyed. Now all I have to do is kick down that gold door somehow... ;)

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hope the update is soon I haven't been able to play since a few days after launch : (

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You mean the update that went to apple a few days ago or the next one? Does it always happen and if it does can I load a cloud save to put thing right (just not use that character again)

Thanks! Wondering f I want to gamble it

15. gildedskull

The update that's submitted for review (it was submitted 5 days ago now and is currently 'waiting for review') doesn't have this fix in it, no. Items (everything except for the characters default items) can be lost upon finishing a second playthrough and starting a third. However, characters and their experience are fine.

There is also a fix for a bug that we found having to do with attribute points that will be fixed in the next build. They are supposed to cap at 35.

We've decided to open up the first map from later in the module, characters will be able to access it again from the 'office space' or the cavern...the red keycard will not be necessary at all (it'll be gone along with any red keycard doors).

About the gold door on the first map:
    The gold door will still be there, it's a quick way back to the first map from the 'end' of the cavern.

16. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    The sound effect for "Infecting Proboscis" really disturbs me.

17. gildedskull

If it makes you feel any better, I think that it's cracking celery...accompanied by an actual zombie.

18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Celery makes great zombie bait. I'm not sure why.

19. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I have a question. I have cleared everything in the first module except for three areas as far as I can determine. There is enemy movement at each of these areas (meaning enemy movement turns after each of my move turns.)

Two of these areas are behind red keycard doors and so I presume they shall become available after your update (there is not a keycard I have been able to find.)

The third is behind a computer controlled door with a red X. The computer requires a code be input to open the door, but I have not been able to locate this code or any reference to it anywhere in the game. There appears to be a non enemy character hidden on the other side of the door. Any clues as to how to locate this code? Being s completionist and absolutely loving this game I am really needing to find a way into that room! ;-o

20. Seve

Seve New Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Same problem here, please help! :)