Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

#321 gildedskull, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    INT was going to have a lot more uses. Trap searching, lock picking (with LUC) in chests and some doors, specific specials and items that required a high (or low) INT. It's possible that they may appear down the road.

With the bio-toxin, The damage appears as residual damage. Residual damage is a catchall for all additional damage from previous attacks and crits (hits and fails).

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I was thinking, in the way that strength and endurance decide blocking health, it makes sense for intelligence to be a factor in criticals. Seeing a weakness and taking advantage of it. Maybe critical fails, because you anticipate the enemies move. Yeah, at the moment it seems like I can get away with low intelligence and a wrench, and just lean on skills that don't rely on intelligence. If intelligence was somehow a modifier for the percentage that an enemy would miss a turn etc, then that would be a different ball game :) ugh, I should keep my mouth shut I have a good thing going here ;)

3. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone noticed that a lot of "organic only" damage/debuff is still applied to you if you're playing a robot? Even a simple poison claw managed to hit me for damage AND reduce my strength.
    (Low down, dirty, two-faced, cheating, deceitful poison claw card image provided for reference.)

Attached Files:

4. gildedskull

Huh. We'll fix that. It should be the claw damage (non poison variety) plus the poison damage, poison not applied to robots.

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Wow... In my first game I got this to happen against every enemy I faced and my first three characters died constantly! I was so confused on why it kept happening.

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah there are a few ways you can be disarmed. I realized after getting into another battle that I was no longer being babysat and need to equip my weapon again myself :)

I forgot to say earlier—Thanks to Gilded skull for being here and sharing/responding. And for the amazing game of course :)

7. gildedskull

The long answer...

We have gone back and forth on this. Many testers have been vocal, saying that they like it the way that it is because it is more of a surprise/mystery/challenge. Once you know the characters, you know what you're getting into but if you don't it may be frustrating...but it's also fun (for some people) to jump in without knowing and be forced to pick on the spot.

Something that's also come up a lot and is discussed. We had a re-roll built but decided not to leave it in. We may bring it back.

Interesting. So hit a button, skip turns (possibly getting attacked) until you're healed? It would speed up the game when there are no enemies around, yes. If your luck is high (and/or you have a particular item equipped/worn) and enemies are further away, your movement rolls might be slightly higher...maybe. In that case, when enemies aren't close, you may be able to heal more quickly.

The character might have -x attribute because the enemy they are facing likely has an attack or a weapon equipped that decreases that stat passively. Check the enemy large card, tap on their weapon/special to review that card to see if they have any passive buffs that could change your stats.

The attacker gets a +3 to their initiative. If you attack, you gain +3 to the roll and if the enemy attacks they get it. It's a hefty bonus. There is also a luck bonus of +1 if you have a luck of 17, this can be increased with every 5 luck attribute points after 17 to a max of +4. (check out the ATTRIBUTES tab of the help 'booklet', located in the options menu). Weapons that increase your luck can help to get it +17.

Residual damage is damage that was somehow inflicted in a previous battle round. It can come from a weapon, special, item or a crit hit/fail. It is a 'catch-all' to describe these various types of damage (instead of writing each one out individually every turn). If you have a special that causes 3 damage per turn for 3 turns, for 2 turns after the current turn you will see '+3 residual damage' in the battle log. There's no cap on the damage per round.

You have one special usage until you reach level 10, then you receive 1 additional special usage per battle. You'll notice that some enemies have 2 special usages/battle...they're level 10 or higher.

Yes, they can be removed and up to 3 can be added to one weapon. In your inventory, weapons that are modded have a 'M' on their cards. Tap the 'M' and the mod card will display. Tap 'detach' to detach it. To add another, tap 'USE' on the mod card (unless it cannot mod your currently equipped weapon, in which case it will be grey). Blades can only be modified with 'elemental' mods. Projectile weapons can use most of the others (there's a sword battery that can't be used on guns). There are 5 types of mods for projectile weapons, only one of each type can be attached to a weapon. Heavy and blunt weapons can't use mods.

We're always looking for spelling errors! If we know the exact phrase it's much easier for us to pinpoint. Thanks for calling those out.

In game, open the options from the main menu or 'menu' while playing and tap the '?' button. You can find a lot of good info there (quite a lot of what's noted above can be found there).

Also, there is a STRATEGY GUIDE available on PocketTactics.com with a lot of nuanced battle info if you're interested.

8. Protopoop

Protopoop New Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Body on first map, then got teleported

Great game! My main character died on first map, went to go retrieve body, and then got teleported to the second map (w the prisoner), and now I can't get back to first map to get my main character's body back. Is there any way to do it?

9. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Killed the stranger with the one use poison item, does his sword carry through play throughs? Makes me want to play a Hunter especially once inside the base.

10. gildedskull

We weren't able to do it for launch, there were complications with the robot and a few story concerns...so the character you left behind is lost for now. We are currently working out a way to fix this.

11. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Gildedskull, the dev of the game did allready answer this question. The strangers sword does not carry over. Because you get the sword in every playthrough once you defeat him.

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Any wiki strategy page or other tips for the game? Pocket tactics did a nice interview and the designer provided more insight on the back end of the game. It showed how in depth this game gets and also how I think a strategy guide or beginners guide could be useful.

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Great interview!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

15. gildedskull

#335 gildedskull, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Great idea. We're in the middle of working on an update to the GK site. This would be a good thing to add, for certain.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Minor nit. Most of the battle controls are in the bottom corners of the screen but there are popups in the middle of the screen that need to be closed. It would be more ergonomic to move the popups in the same general area as the battle controls.

17. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    In that case, you should comb over everything. That's definitely not the only one getting away with such shenanigans. Thanks for taking note of it!

18. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome! I'm an old school gamer who didn't play the D&D so this experience is new to me. After reading the Pocket Tactics interview and your tips I realized how indepth this game is and really could use some help.

I haven't had time to play much yet but struggled and died a lot. The two biggest issues I had was

(1) I was attached quickly
    (2) my weapon was stolen or something like that...

I would love to have access to tips or a beginners guide!!!

19. gildedskull

We certainly will! So, this will change how any poison weapon works. Anything that involves poison causes a -1 to STR per turn (sometimes more), this includes player weapons...like the Reouge Pistol and the Reouge Rifle (that's found near the beginning of the game). Those two weapons, for example, won't cause the -1 to STR when used against robots. Same goes for the poison spray mod and others. So robot players will have a slight advantage in this respect, as will robot enemies.

20. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    So now I realize I also don't have the red Keycard and will have to miss those areas. I'm trying hard not to grind my teeth.