Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    yeah, i had a maximum of 12 moves, so i appeared next to him as the cloak/hologram armor's stealth ended, and lured him away by outmoving him.
    but yeah, the door was locked and there really is no way of getting that first move in the beginning. :p

2. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai New Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Anyway please be quick to port it on android, 5 years I'm starving to play it and eventually I can't... Quite tough.

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I wonder why some players get the weapon stolen they are holding in the hands. In 6 playthroughs this never happened to me. For now i kill the stranger on the first map in the cave when my character is only lvl 8. But at this moment i allready have good weapons from the last playthroughs equiped. When facing the stranger my backpack is normally filled 40 out of 40 items. So there is a very high chance he picks other stuff. Also i have learned to travel at least with 5 equipable weapons for a character, because sometimes other enemies force hit me to fight with bare hands.
    Anyway. You can allways die (dont forget to get your dead body back) and fight against the stranger with your other characters to bring his health down. He is not healing up unlimited. Once he is low on health and not anymore healing, just let some enemy kill you and change back to your higher lvl character. After killing the thief you will get back all weapons and stuff he has stolen, but not consumables he has stolen and used during the fight.
    @samkime - go back to another map and search all lootpiles and opened boxes for equipable weapons. Take the 4 best weapons you left behind and try to fight him again.

4. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Has anyone fought the stranger as a robot? I'm playing one and haven't reached him yet. I'm quite worried and don't want to lose stuff & die. Having a great time so far though! Granted, my stat rolls were a fortuitous 10, 9, 8 and 7.

Attached Files:

5. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    to be honest, i think if you use any one of the following: your special skills, escape grenades, buffs, damage grenades, or even just change weapons...
    the stranger is not going to give you a hard time.
    simply running away and fighting him later is easy enough, but i find just making him miss a few turns is enough.
    there are also ways to steal his weapon if you want to do that.

the stranger really isnt the hardest thing the game throws at you. anyone of the enemies that makes me skip a turn is more dangerous.

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    That's great—will the bug with re roll quit work on games that have already been played, or will we have to start a new game? The cloud save doesn't work from the menu either...I guess I could start a new game, and then load cloud save from there?

7. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

The cloud save should work from the main menu and from in game (if you were to start a new game).

8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Spot on, Cenn. He was more irksome than formidable. Losing turns isn't much of a worry since I started doing it to them first with that smoke special. For robot, the abundance of organic-only heal items is the prime annoyance. Cheers for the sound advice!

9. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Glad to have helped!

10. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    This game's concept is a pinnacle for me. Art style is putting me off. Out There, omega, is on sale. Which should I get?

11. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #311 Solarclipse, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    I can confirm that worked. Thanks!

It seems like intelligence isn't nearly as useful as strength. Let's say you use the hologram armor, or something that doesn't supply damage—your intelligence stat is only good for story rolls.

I am looking at some of the specials and it doesn't seem they scale well compared with the damage weapons can do. maybe there are v2 upgrades down the pike though?

One skill in particular seems useless. The 150% damage that takes two turns. So you do half the damage of a regular attack, and then next round the full damage of a regular attack? You are better off just attacking. Maybe I read the damage reports wrong. If it supposed to be that part of that damage is residual, in addition to an attack or block or item use that next round, then that makes sense and is useful.

I'm trying another one, the rakia bio toxin. The description says plus two strength for you each turn and minus two for the enemy each turn, but it only does it once. Pretty weak.

That pirate troge is interesting though—he can use robot weapons. Some of them at least.

Do the time masters damage over time weapons stack? I saw one that did like 18 damage after after four rounds or something...so would that Echo/stack/build doing 18, 36, 48...

12. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    If you can get them both, you won't regret it, but if you really cannot do that, I suggest going with Galactic Keep. Out There has kind of got a bit too luck based since Omega came out.

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    To each their own but I absolutely love the hand drawn style of Galictic Keep.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Very cool execution, top notch stuff.

15. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Backhand Slice: "Two hits are made using the current weapon: one a stab and the other a cut as the blade is pulled back. Total damage 150% for the next attack": The first hit is on that turn, based on your INT + die. The next time you attack 50% of the total damage is added is added to the hit. It's like having a light hit (depending on your INT) then a crit hit. If your INT is high, it's more effective.

Rakia Biotoxin: "This agent is derived from a fungal spore. It causes decay in muscle cells and corrodes metals at an alarmingly quick rate. Damage increases +2 with each battle turn, -2 enemy STR": Enemy STR is reduced by 2 once. Every turn after the special is used +2 is added as residual damage indefinitely. I can't remember with complete certainty, but if you use it twice I think it compounds.

Temporal weapons do have compounding damage, but normally it's limited to several turns (so there's a max to the compounding damage).

The reouge and the human ethelian are both bionics, meaning that they can use some/most robotic weapons.

16. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Thank you for your time. I should not have phrased my comment like that. I love this style of phrenetic sketch, with water color on top of the grid. I just love these type of games on my pc, where I have a larger display, and I am in the mood to read and focus on the experience. Sometimes I hate sales, they take away from games I love just to save a few. After trolling here for awhile, I think this will be the purchase, I'll buy Out There later, you guys seem very helpful and open to a chat.

I'll be back with probably a bunch of bad questions. Im horrible at playing games #, and plan on many deaths to keep me happy! Thanks again.

17. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Some more suggestions to improve player experience:

Character creation
    1) Please add the ability to view special abilities that each character has access to during selection, NOT after you have distributed your attributes. This is the absolute basic of character creation yet it is strangely lacking here.
    2) Reroll dice during creation. It is harsh to play a character with low endurance so letting players reroll their attributes at least once would really help. Players will have to stick to their second reroll.

Gameplay
    1) Additional option to rest until health is full. This would speed up the game immensely.
    2) More information in combat log. Why does my character have -x attribute when I start certain fights? What bonus is added to initiative roll? Sometimes I roll a four and my total becomes six. Other times I roll a four and my initiative total is still four. What is going on?
    3) What is residual? I hit a monster for 40 damage with 6 residual? What is residual and how does it add to gameplay? Is there a cap on damage an individual can inflict per round?
    4) Some special items apparently have abilities that stack with multiple usage. I can only use my special once per battle so this makes the item useless?
    5) Item mods. Can they be removed or can I add multiple mods to an item?

Spelling errors
    I've noted 3 spelling errors so far:
    1) Paralysis spelt paralysys
    2) Spelling error in one of the dialogue in tutorial
    3) Spelling error in one of the dialogue in the North East corner of the first map

18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #318 klink, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Funny Story

My strategy was to use Mharnos as my main character and my backup ‘rescue’ character was Balkyn Gray. I had built Mharnos up to level 12 and he was pretty much kicking everyone's butt. I got stuck in a tight corner fighting the robot which appeared in level 1 and died. Balkyn Gray who is level 9 tried to come to rescue him and he died too. At this point I thought I was screwed since all the other characters were left untouched at level 6. I brought in Trave Rek just hoping he could manage to rescue either of my main characters. To my great surprise not only Trave Rek rescue both characters but he’s on a complete terror destroying everything in this path. I really don’t understand it but I’m not complaining.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009

20. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    With the bio toxin, increasing damage just doesn't show in the combat script as a modifier. Maybe it's happening—it's hard to tell because of rolls and most battles not being that long.

It still seems like intelligence is underpowered to me. Does it have any influence on the Passive skills, or the shielding or stunning type skills? It would seem not as its a fixed percentage.