Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jackiemac

jackiemac Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Can't find red keycard

I have this challenge as well. I can't find the red keycard. Any clues would greatly be appreciated, please!

2. jackiemac

jackiemac Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Monsters don't respawn. So, once you kill them the area is clear.

3. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Same here. Finished without ever getting into those areas. Could see a green character in one of them too, making it more frustrating that I couldn't find a way in.

I finished the module but only rescued 1 char. Mind providing spoilers on what I missed? Thanks!

4. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #264 cenn, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Edit: nevermind, I think Ghostdog1 has the right answer a fee posts below!

5. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I've just met a crash bug. I used human ethelian to attack a 13 lv spider-like enemy at the west side of the first map. During the fight, I was disarmed by it. Then I equiped another weapon (+8 damage, +12 damage for 3 turns, block 5 damage). In the next turn, enemy started to act and game crashed. Then I re-enter the game and try to contunie, but the game contunie to crash when the enemy start its turn.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Where did you find the first core? Sounds like we are stuck in the same spot, but you have clearly found something I haven't.

As for the stranger's sword, I tried it for a minute then took it back off. The rifle I was using does more damage and stealing doesn't seem particularly useful.

And incidentally, culling some of the pop-ups that require pressing ok to advance (by simply having them show up then go away on their own or displaying them on the side) would be nice

7. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    Ahem... like you I tried it and then swapped it out for one of my "better" weapons. That is, until I decided to try it again and found that against heavily armed enemies it can steal their nasty weapons right out of their hands (leaving them to attack with their bare hands/limbs).

A rather useful trait in my opinion.

:)

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I got the first core with the green note, after killing the scientist.

9. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    The red key card is only useable in the beginning of the game. On the starting map u need to unlock the cave door on top right with a red old key. In the cave you find the red keycard. With this keycard you can enter all red doors, that are locked later on in the game. You must use it in the beginning, cause once you are teleported by the robot to the next area, the red keycard is lost. The. Cave map top right is the same map as the one with the arrow. But you will have to fight your way through a hell of lot high level enemies. Its hard, but worked for me. Finally to say - you dont need the red keycard to finish the modul.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really want to rate the game but with the issue making it unplayable or forcing a restart I just can't do it as I don't want to give it a bad one. I'll wait until the update and and see

11. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Cores

Where to find the three temporal cores is answered two times on page 20. ;)

12. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I must say, being able to meet yourself is pretty cool. I'm sure there are a few different versions of this.
    Looking forward to reading those.

Edit: though i guess i have some objections regarding the grammar ;)

Attached Files:

13. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #273 Misguided, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    No idea where that is...

Ok, I finally figured it out. There was a cache I would absolutely swear I had checked multiple times, but apparently I hadn't. It had a green card that allowed me to access the sewers.

I strongly suggest the game do more to differentiate between objects you have left sitting on the ground and ones you haven't checked yet. Perhaps a glow effect or something could be added to item icons you haven't visited.

14. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah, thanks to ghost dog my determination was renewed, knowing they were all on the same map and I wasn't missing anything.

Maybe I read too fast but it didn't seem like there was any indication that I would find something that wasn't there before...once you know this it's fine but it's not clear enough.

Is the loot table random? I found some weapons that would be great for other characters...

Gilded Skull, I'm curious what the dynamic will be with a vault. like, you can choose one item to put in at the end of the module (maybe upgrades are stripped) and then other characters can access it in a chest at the beginning?

15. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

I think that's correct but it is a very tricky sentence. 'They' would normally describe multiple entities, but it could also be a pronoun that describes an individual that is neutral between male and female. The robot (or gharsos?) being described is neither male nor female. Also, it's describing a situation where your character is meeting themselves. It's not a normal situation by any means!

16. gildedskull

The vault will (likely) be a spot on a map you can go to that will work roughly the same as a chest except that it will be persistent between games and play-throughs. There will be spots to access the vault on many of the maps. It'll have a finite size so you'll only be able to store your best gear.

You will (hopefully) be able to swap characters in a limited capacity at the same spot, it'll be an emergency temporal gateway to a Coalition 'home base' of sorts. Items are easy to transport, living beings are another thing entirely.

17. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #277 Solarclipse, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Cool! Any idea when that update would roll out? I kind of feel like waiting to play more characters until that feature is in.
    I said this in my app store review by the way, that I'd be happy to pay for additional modules, whether is was iap or there was a donation "sliding scale. " I know it's more work. Hopefully the response is energizing for GS.

Edit: I just finished a module and from the main title screen, if I select options and iCloud the game crashes. This happened to me 3 times in a row. Running an iPad Air, iOS 8.4

18. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Same happens to me on ipad air ios 8.2. Game crashes everytime i try to save to cloud. Not really a prob for me, cause the normal save works perfect.

19. gildedskull

Looking into it. The next update will clear up a lot.

20. Wafflesauce

Wafflesauce Member

Oct 12, 2011
    I just found the final temporal core. Now I do not know what to do. I cannot figure out destination coordinates