Universal Galactic Keep (by Gilded Skull Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    no. not really at all. Are you familiar with Dungeons & Dragons?

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'll just wait until the update then until I see if my games working again rather than restart, although I'm guessing when I go to save my guy he will be next to what killed him? Which will likely be hard to kill with a new character.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I was initially on the fence on this one more because I have a huge backlog of games with limited time to play. However after reviewing the developer website, and reading articles and the forums I realized I love the game setting and know their passion easily deserved my $3.99 purchase. In fact if I analyzed how much reading I did about the game development which I loved I probably spent 100 times more on the purchase price of my time reading!

But it now!

QUOTE=Gurney Halleck;3656917]I can tell you now that this is much more like a classic tabletop RPG than a board game per se. That said, this game is highly replay able, excellently written, deeply immersive, and gobs of fun! You will be hard pressed to find a better value for your $4 anywhere on the App Store. Get off that fence and start playing asap!![/QUOTE]

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Someone was saying here about the music in the game being good. Only thing is there's no music in the game when I play it at all. I've tried adjusting the music slider but nothing happens. Is this a glitch in the game? If it is, any idea how I can fix it?

5. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Just wanted to put a big shout out to the dev of this game. He/She personally PM'd me, trying to help me through a challenge I was having with the game trying to locate temporal cores. First class service at its finest that should be recognized.

Unfortunately I still cannot pin point their locations after literally moving one by one on every tile.

Is anyone willing to screen shot their locations for me? In at a loss otherwise. Thank you!

6. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

We're sending you a map. You are going to find those cores. :cool:

7. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

The music in the game is heard:
    - On the main menu
    - After a character dies, in character select
    - When you complete a module

There's not supposed to be music during the regular gameplay. If there's no sound at all, EVER, let me know!

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    For a weapons property what exactly does 2d10 mean? I knew this stuff at one time.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Means you roll 2 dice with ten faces, so the outcome can be 2-20.

10. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    For me the best weapon in the game is the Plasma Volcano v1 with +180%dmg. And this one carries over to the next playthrough. Mixed with a good Special Attack its total OP. Can kill with this gun without a problem a lvl 18 enemy with a fresh lvl 6 starting character.

Found now around 10 pins and wear all of them with new characters. Some effects i can see like getting one more movement point, but i hope you will give us a list what effects do once you finished your twitter action.

Thanks again for this great game. Since FTL no game made me so addicted on ipad.

11. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I got to play this uninterrupted for about : hours today! I love the game but an not very good as I passed the tutorial not have died at least 4-5 times.

1) some how I run into enemies quick and don't feel prepared to battle them. I'm assuming once in battle I can't escape?

2) any suggestions for character creation and strategies to use them?

3) sometimes I touch the screen when trying to move and my character doesn't move yo where i want them to go.

Great game but tips for newbies would be helpful.

12. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Just a quick question: is there an infinite spawn of monsters? Or can I clear an area so that it is save there?

13. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    In my time with the game once I've cleared an area it stays cleared. But I'm pretty sure the 'monsters' are free to move anywhere they like on the map (some are quite large) so you may enter a 'cleared' area only to find a different enemy has decided to move in.

14. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Yes but never played it. Is there a similar game on iOS to this game? Hunters? Space Hulk? Is it like them?

15. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    To me Galactic Keep is most-like a roguelike (although much more forgiving than say NetHack). Try a search for 'roguelike' on the App Store for similar games. (A few off the top of my head recommendations: Dream Quest by Peter Whalen, WazHack, Brogue...)

16. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So I've been making progress with the Pirate, she's getting quite up there with all the permanent stat boosts and levels.

On the other hand, since I so seldom die, the only other character I've played is the robot ( and there very little ).

Is there some way to switch characters WITHOUT dying??? Is it bad that I have one very juiced up character and the rest are essentially base level?

Unlocked a human, but haven't been able to check him out since I haven't died and feels wrong to die on purpose haha.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm far from an expert but here's my advice. You'll find flash grenades that allow you to escape. Otherwise check enemy stats before engaging them. Knowing to when to fight and when to run is key. Find a couple characters you like and switch back in forth between them. Switching between a bunch of characters is useless because they are slow to level up. Use the HP cards freely between you'll find bunches of the them. Also rest between battles to conserve your HP's. I just try to equal out my stats for better or worst.

18. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    All very good advice, especially "Knowing when to fight and when to run is key." To that I'd add that waiting behind a corner until a weak enemy can be picked off and then beating a safe retreat to rest and heal (thus having a sufficiently high dice roll to attack and return) is a good tactic as well.

19. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #259 cenn, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    yeah, seriously the best weapon. and the coolest NPC too, wish he/she was a playable character!

Thank you for the reply!
    Now I can stop thinking about that sword!

And I must say seeing you so involved in this thread is great (am a developer myself).

just 2 more questions to the awesome developers:
    the enemy that seems to always roll one higher than me, i've gotten past it to the door, but of course run into another obstacle.
    i guess it's off limits for now?

and finally, is ther any chance of making some of the in-game art into smartphone wallpapers? i like to put games im playing onto my lockscreens.
    im especially taken with the unlockable robot, the cloak and the stranger, and would love to have those on my phone.

20. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I've killed everything in the base,rescued 3 secret characters...the island, the sewers, cave...but there is a red card required to get out of the cave or go north (the one with a arrow by it)...and there's no red keycard to be found. I've got the first core. But yeah, everything is dead and explored, unless I missed another teleport or something.

One wierd thing—I had opened the cave entrance before "going" into the complex. But now that same door is closed and again, no red keycard.

Thanks for any help!