Universal Galactic Conflict RTS (by Bitmen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    I agree. I think the UI design kinda takes you out of the game... But also things like the writing and story presentation looks a little rough. "We tore him a new one!" Just sounds like something a 14 year old would say in combat... And that portrait photo.

I can look past all of that if the gameplay is engaging enough.

2. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This game seems to be amazing! :eek:

I only wonder if there is going to be enough people playing this game online without doing an intro sale. :confused:

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The UI is basic, but it seems clean enough for me not to mind. I prefer the "get the job done" approach to having garish metallic textures and pointless glowing icons.

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Any gameplay videos out there? Would like to see a bit more on the resource management end of things. Are we building bases? Is it focused more on fleet combat or base assault? I see there are some pretty deep looking research trees (woohoo!) but not much else yet. I really want to love this!

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    "You can literally control hundreds of space ships at the same time." --> Instabuy for me! :D

Looks like more info from the developer in the other thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=179961
    Such as a link to their website with a nice graphic showing all the ships available: http://www.bitmen-studios.com/galactic/

Agree with what someone else posted that it's reminescent of StarBase Orion meets Gratuitious Space Battles, except as the devs pointed out, a lot more control. Very cool. Can't wait to get home to download.... :)

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This is battles on an epic scale, so far I've played through the 7 tutorial missions which easy you in and explain everything you need to know, and the first two campaign missions, basically it's like command and conquer in space but where you can control up to 200! Ships at once,
    It's pretty easy to understand there's not to many buildings to build but there's a research tree to upgrade and quite a few ships to build.
    The controls work well and the UI is fine IMO nice simple shapes so your not getting confused with loads of different buttons.
    If you like RTS games then this is brilliant.
    Haven't tried the multiplayer yet but there's skirmish mode against the AI with either 1v1 or 2v2 and different maps to choose from,
    Only thing I can seeing that's missing is some single player leader boards and achievements because game centre only seems to have leaderboards for online.

7. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Ummm, my 'multiplayer' tab is greyed out and it says "connect to WLAN for multiplayer" ...am I missing something?

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    my multiplayer button works fine :confused:

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, this looks like it'd be pretty incredible on the iPad. Will probably be getting soon since RTS is my genre.

10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Great game! Maybe the best RTS for the iPad so far! :cool:

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd have to agree.

12. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Yes, this is a fantastic RTS game for this platform....tactical and strategic combat that is not TOO complex but not TOO simple either....reminds me of the Autumn Dynasty approach.

Controls are good and the UI is nice and neat....but the battles are EPIC!

Great job Mark! Thanks for the fun and unique experience!

13. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    This looks awsome, can't wait to give it a go. The single player seems very robust which is what I'm after.

14. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Outstanding RTS. About time. Only problem is tiny, tiny, tiny font. Seriously, I have to take my glasses off to play!

15. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Surprisingly,the game runs well on my brother's touch 4
    On my touch 5 it runs perfectly

16. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Hmmmmm. I like a game to have polish as well as good gameplay. Interested but not sure whether to get it or not. I'm using ipad 3.

17. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I need money D: I MUST GET THIS

18. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    How does this play on iPhone? Is it playable at all or is it like Autumn Dynasty where everything is so tiny that its just no fun at all?

19. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Beter than Autumn Dynasty, really?

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    There is a difference in the quality of the art that is putting me off a bit, some parts like the in game battles look great, the beveled UI and lens flare on title screenshot are a bit slapped on. How are things over all?