G-Map U.S.– by XRoad Co., LTD.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dcodd87, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dcodd87

dcodd87 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    #1 dcodd87, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    [App Store Link, $19.99]

Anyone try it yet. I remember reading when it first came out but now it has turn by turn. They have east and west maps for it. Doesn't look too bad. Id like an open opinion on it first before I spend $20.00

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Well, since apple likes to squeeze out the compitition, looks like we won't be getting any cool GPS features with the next iPhone that's rumored to come out. Oh well. This app looks awesome, but, it doesn't have maps for Oregon yet.

3. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    yeh..

yeh I mean the app looks pretty good. Im not a picky person so I'd probably like it. But, Like I said, I dont want to blow 20$ o crap ware haha. Anyone have a chance to use it or see it in action personally.

4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Looks promising, but I'd like to see multiple choices (maybe TomTom, Garmin etc.) and comparative reviews before I choose one.

Meanwhile, the Maps app does 90% of what I'd want from a navigation app.

5. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    yes, but in comparison its kind of lame. Google maps require internet connection to load the maps. This app comes with preloaded maps which should make everything run smoother.

Along with it running smoother, you don't have to worry about clicking the next arrow continuously after each step.

Anyone try it yet?

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Yep--I definitely plan to buy a GPS nav app--maybe this one--for those reasons among others. I'm just prepared to wait. In the meantime, reviews of this app would be great to hear.

7. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    Yeh I agree.

I read, I believe on gizmodo.com that there is a company that will be releasing turn by turn GPS with Voice directions to the app store. I guess voice directions is against the SDK so well see if that gets improved. I think this is a feature that the jesus phone must have. the iPhone is so dynamic in certain aspects but it definately fails on others.

If only apple could get these basic functions into the phone. I wouldnt need any other device.