G 2.0 is live! :: iPad Giveaway Contest Mar 3-16

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Cryptopur, Feb 23, 2010.

1. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    A day job really gets in the way of this. haha.

2. pajo_ojap

pajo_ojap Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Tell me about it. I've spent to much time staying up way to late at night.

3. Cryptopur

Cryptopur Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    OR
  4. chrisrushing

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ok i've just NOW realized that on 34 the size of the iceteroids are random every time you start it. that has to change the way it reacts every time, with the slightly different gravity pulls. How in the world does this work................

5. Cryptopur

Apr 15, 2009
    OR
    Just a couple of hours left and the competition is really heating up. Dreamer has been posting a lot of points lately and is making ground on pajo-ojap...it's gonna be close.

6. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #206 RaptorF35, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    Would it be possible if uh....that is if it's fine with pajo...could we extend the contest just 1 day?

Getting tough and I'm pretty sure I can do it...I've got something going on tonight and I've only got an hr before I go....pajo?

EDIT: maybe even just 4 AM EST?

7. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

Mar 18, 2010
    OR
    #207 Dreamer, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    And now I reveal myself. Hi everyone!
    I'm not going to lie—that was seriously intense. Like...Raptor and pajo, you guys almost pushed me to a meltdown at one point near the end. You guys are REALLY good players, and I'm glad to have been challenged on such a high level. I didn't think this was even going past 15 million, but you guys kept pushing. I honestly hope to be in another contest with you two in the future, because I know you can beat me. Seriously.

Cryptopur, thanks so much for the contest. This is probably one of the biggest things I'll ever win, and Soma Games made it happen. You guys rock! I can't wait to play your future games. (F, E, and finally Arc!) Keep making fun stuff happen with your games and don't lose sight of what you're doing, because you're doing things right.

See you guys on the flip side!

P.S. chrisrushing, I definitely feel your frustration on level 34. That was a hard one. The trick isn't to get a normal circle though, but to just to get it looping around on the outside. (It can make a strange pattern, but as long as it loops) Also, if you get stuck for too long on a level, move on to easier looping ones and come back to the hard ones later. Good gaming everyone.

8. pajo_ojap

Dec 8, 2009
    Sorry Raptor just saw your message, but as you can see (and no you're not dreaming), Dreamer seems to have swooped down and stole the prize. I was trying my darndest but about the time I would match one of the high scores, someone else found another level to max out on. That and the last three days I have been screwing up royale, I had to redo to many of the max levels for to many times cause I would do something stupid to mess it up or I just couldn't quite get a stable enough orbit. My last post was today and it wasn't until 7:55 that I posted the max score that should have been done days ago.

You should have been very concerned Dreamer, I had and then threw away more than 600,000 points today alone (above and beyond what I did score today) and that would have put me very close. Today just wasn't my gaming day. Just too much wasted time replay a level that I had 90% maxed then, nothing.

I don't suppose 2nd place gets like ...half an Ipad? I suppose that would be 'IP' and one network connection is enough.

Okay guys whats the secret on level 6, I had this partially so many times I was ready to scream...on second thought don't tell me yet, I still want to figure it out now that there is no pressure. I guess I can take pride in my 28 level first places at the moment, atleast those that are online, I seem to recally that Raptor had some better scores on some of those levels till they got wiped off.

Time for a rest. Congradulations Dreamer.

9. Sourpunch

Sourpunch Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Soon to be college
    Noneofyourbuisness, OK
    Great job everybody I was shocked at how high the scores were getting. I just kind gave up I got a late start and never was able to motivate myself after that. Now I just need to play catch up on the regular leaderboard. I'll participate more in the next contest. I'm liking the idea of the coolest paterns crypotur has mentioned a couple times.

10. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I don't know abt you pajo but I think I'd actually prefer that the contest be done now...I need the rest...and ya know...I think there are 2 factors that tell why I wasn't as competitious as I coulda been..
    1: The campaign wiped my scores and I couldn't see what I had already gotten high scores on
    2: I really thought I had it at one point..then I realized that pajo and dreamer are good enough to beat me(pride hurts) and by the time I realized it, it was too late....

Now pajo and Dreamer...AWESOME COMPETITION!!! Now I hope we have another HIGH SCORE contest :)

You guys are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks soma...you have guaranteed a purchase from me for ALL your games and I have seriously put 100s of hrs into this....

11. chrisrushing

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    Good job guys! Congrats to dreamer. I just couldn't keep up after a while. The scores are insane! I was also curious about secondary prizes, cryptopur had mentioned iTunes cards at one point. Either way it was fun

12. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Seconday prizes would be cool...man I really regret not playing more now...Dreamer, you really deserve the ipad....congratulations :)

I hope to see another high score contest when new lvl packs come out 

13. pajo_ojap

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree I'm actually relieved the competition is finally over. Two weeks is a long time. For a while there I didn't think I was going to be able to keep up with everyone. Then things started clicking. Then the max scores started popping up, then level 34!!! Raptor was definitely the one to gun for. I noticed Dreamer was posting some high scores but was a distant fifth so I ignored him...for awhile. Then chrisrushing cruised right on up there and I though crap I'll be lucky to get third place. Then Dreamer poured it on with Raptor pushing hard. I tried to be aware of the top scores on all the levels and then noticed Sourpunch was then putting up some high scores and thought oh no more competition. I can see where some of the others also got a little awed at the high scores and kind of gave up before they started. Anyway,all four of you guys definitly pushed me to play hard and do my best. It was enjoyable and highly competitive, its the best $0.99 I've ever paid for a game. Looking forward to the next game in the series.

As far as another contest, not sure I can take it, atleast for awhile. How about making an easier contest, something like if your user name is pajo_ojap you win 1st place:D

Here's to Soma and hopefully more widespread advertising. Now to get off my butt and put a review up on itunes.

14. chrisrushing

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah this was a lot of fun.
    Oh and I left a review on itunes as well. :)

15. Cryptopur

Apr 15, 2009
    OR
    Thanks everyone for playing - what a great ending!
    That was all neck and neck up to end and WOW did the scores get high. :eek:

Like I mention on our website, we now some legal yaddayadda to deal with so various AGs don;t wig but as soon as that's done we can declare the 'official winner'

You folks made this so much fun. And I don't know if you were paying attention, but this contest got a LOT of ink around the world. Twitter, Facebook, DIGG, tons of websites and review sites, it was awesome. We will definately do this kind of thing again and probably in various configurations - high score, creative solutions, I don't know...we'll see how it goes.

Dreamer, Pajo_ojap, Raptor, chrisrushing, and Sourpunch - as the top 5 score gainers - send me your contact/mailing bits to info@ and we want to give you a lil' somethin' somethin'

16. pajo_ojap

Dec 8, 2009
    aaah, a little sha ugar...oops gotta stop browsing multiple forums at the same time.

Will send info in awhile, certainly appreciate the recognition. Maybe we should be considered the Dream Team, of course in honor of Dreamer. Hey actually that would be a wonderful contest idea...team scoring...huh what do ya think? You guys in? (and I wonder why they took the funds management position away from me)

17. Sourpunch

Sourpunch Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Soon to be college
    Noneofyourbuisness, OK
    A little something huh :) glad I didn't give up too much lol. And send it to "info@somagames"?

18. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Team scoring...YEAH!!!! Dream team vs everyone else!! Wonder how hard it'd be to win? Lol!!!

Where do we send mailing info? Pm?

19. chrisrushing

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
  20. Sourpunch

Sourpunch Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Soon to be college
    Noneofyourbuisness, OK
    Do I get a invite into the dream team?